Let's See Russian Armor

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

chrisswim
E5

Re: Let's See Russian Armor

Post by chrisswim »

T-72

BMP-2

Without the following the preceding would grind to a halt.
Chris

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Chris - Those do appear to be T-62s and not T-64s. They actually look like the old GHQ T-62s which were a bit cruder looking than the newer sculpts which were released about 10 years ago. I remember having 10 of the older ones as they were some of my first GHQ pieces along with 10 of the older BMP-1s and 10 of the older BTR-60s with the separate turrets.
I do like your selection of trucks. Are these all by GHQ or are some from another manufacturer? I did a brief stint in 3rd Armored Division DISCOM (Division Support Command) in 1981-82. Their motto was - "Try fighting the next war without us". Very true. Good logistics are integral to the success of the fighting troops.

Olfarty - I too was disappointed that GHQ decided to make the Russian tank riders in scale with their individual infantry rather than making them in scale with the vehicles they are riding. They did make their artillery crews in scale with the pieces they are serving. I remember when it was announced that they were going to be produced, I asked GHQ to please make the tank riders in scale with the vehicles. They did what they did. I do have some but not sure if I am going to use them.

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

quote=pmskaar post_id=90902 time=1716604075 user_id=553]
Chris - Those do appear to be T-62s and not T-64s. They actually look like the old GHQ T-62s which were a bit cruder looking than the newer sculpts which were released about 10 years ago. I remember having 10 of the older ones as they were some of my first GHQ pieces along with 10 of the older BMP-1s and 10 of the older BTR-60s with the separate turrets.
I do like your selection of trucks. Are these all by GHQ or are some from another manufacturer? I did a brief stint in 3rd Armored Division DISCOM (Division Support Command) in 1981-82. Their motto was - "Try fighting the next war without us". Very true. Good logistics are integral to the success of the fighting troops. [/quote]

Pete,
The tanks may be older models of T-72s, these do not have the side skirts at all. I think these are OOP.

The two without side skirts are T-72 top and right. T-62 at the bottom with 5 road wheels, the left is a T-64 with smaller road wheels.

In this picture the top and the tank extending to the right are the T-72s, the T-62 at the bottom, to the left is the T-64, as sculpted and produced by GHQ.

The trucks … there are 2 KamAZ 6350 8x8, 9 KrAZ-225B, those are by GHQ. The remaining Russian command/communication truck is a 3-D print that I picked up in a group.
Chris

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Hi Chris

I was actually referring to the previous picture of tanks which are the older GHQ T-62s. Your picture of the tanks on their side does make the identification much easier to tell them apart. Thanks!

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

Pete, I misunderstood, until you made this clarification.
Sorry for the mixup.

35 GHQ T-34/85, 6 of unknown manufacturer. But have infantrymen riding into combat.

Political Commissar in the White Scout car.

Chris

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

BTR-60 PB by GHQ.

Chris

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

Russian WW2 armor.

Chris

Olfarty

Post by Olfarty »

chrisswim wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2024 4:02 am
Russian WW2 armor.
Ah yes some WW2 - now you're talking Chris!

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

Good looking Russian armor you guys!

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

I’m doing the talking’ now, Olfarty.
More Russian armor.

Chris

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

Special vehicles with some support vehicles.

Chris