Show us yer stuff!

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: GHQ, dnichols, Mk 1

Post Reply
StVF101
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:02 am
Location: Kaiserslautern

Post by StVF101 »

It's been a difficult transition to the new place, and our lighting here is terrible. Anyone have good suggestions where to get good daylight bulbs in Germany? All the ones we've been able to find are too yellow-y.

Anyhow, I snapped some quick pictures of my ROK army miniatures, apologies for terrible pictures.

The K1A1 models are awesome, and very detailed. Only complaint I have is I keep breaking the barrels on the .50cals. XD Any suggestions on replacing them? Was thinking some super thin brass rods could work if I can find any small enough.

The M60s were orginally slated to be 1973 IDF, but once they announced they would be releasing South Korean vehicles they were my test bed for the ROK vehicle camoflague.

Hoping to make an order of K200s and K2, plus misc vehicles. Also working up an F4 Phantom in ROKAF colors, will have to try and get some pictures of that up sometime soon.

Image

Image

ferret701
E5
Posts: 390
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:14 pm
Location: Northern Virginia
Contact:

Post by ferret701 »

I've begun to post South Korean models on my site. So far, mostly H&R, but I do have GHQ's excellent K1A1 up (and more are to come)

Pat Callahan
www.microarmormayhem.com

Image

Image

Dog Smack
E5
Posts: 162
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:02 am

Post by Dog Smack »

stVF101, ferret701,

Guys, love the Korean kit you have there. Pretty excited about GHQs line for South Korea. Opens up a lot of possibilities!

Steve-o

chrisswim
E5
Posts: 7598
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:22 pm
Location: Jacksonville, FL

Post by chrisswim »

StVF and Ferret,
The S.Korean stuff looks nice.

What colors and brands did you use, both of ya?
Thank you.
Chris

exodusforever
E5
Posts: 141
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:21 am
Location: Singapore

Post by exodusforever »

Hi guys, I finished my type 98s not too long ago as you may notice. I realize that similarly to vallejo black wash, citadel black washes are also clearly a bit thick.

I do have thinner but I am afraid if i mix the thinner with the wash, I might get undesired effects. (For e.g. diluting the wash and then applying the wash on the vehicle may cause the acrylic paint to rub off due to the thinner.)

II have the Mr. Hobby Mr. Colour Thinner which I use for my cleaning when I take my good ol airbrush out for painting.

Would using this thinner cause any problems? Cause Iw ill be moving on to doing my M-ATVs and Type 99s and I want to improve from my previous Type 98s.
IG: modernwargame
"The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

ferret701
E5
Posts: 390
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:14 pm
Location: Northern Virginia
Contact:

Post by ferret701 »

Hi Chris,

For the South Korean vehicles, I used:

Primed with green camo paint from Home Depot
Vallejo US Dark Green as the base
PollyS US Tactical Tan as main camo color
Black, Reaper Khaki as secondary camo colors (Reaper's Khaki is lighter than Vallejo's)
Black Gray for the tracks

washed the tracks with a 1-3 Vallejo Earth Brown/Water mixed

Drybrushed whole model with Reaper Khaki Highlight

After details done, sealed with Dullcote

Pat

rommel58
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 1:33 am
Location: Central New York
Contact:

Post by rommel58 »

Finally!! it took me awhile, but I finally have some quality photos of my terrain. this was basically my refined first attempt and was done about a year ago, and it is just the majority, I have a few other pieces as well. it is using terrain maker, which I feel is very easy to use and work with. enjoy!!
Image

Image

Image

Image
Hopefully my miniatures will follow soon!!
In a man-to-man fight, the winner is he who has one more round in his magazine.
-Field Marshal Erwin Rommel
http://www.ingloriousbasers.blogspot.com/

rommel58
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 1:33 am
Location: Central New York
Contact:

Post by rommel58 »

Thanks! I am a perfectionist and like to be as realistic as possible, my terrain and miniatures a sort of limited, but hopefully my funds will be more satisfying so that I can expand more!!
In a man-to-man fight, the winner is he who has one more round in his magazine.
-Field Marshal Erwin Rommel
http://www.ingloriousbasers.blogspot.com/

exodusforever
E5
Posts: 141
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:21 am
Location: Singapore

Post by exodusforever »

Great work on the terrain rommel58. Simply perfection!
IG: modernwargame
"The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

exodusforever
E5
Posts: 141
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:21 am
Location: Singapore

Post by exodusforever »

Sorry for the repost. Anyway, is anyone able to help me on my previous question of the wash. I use citadel null oil wash which is a tat bit too dark.

I know some of you guys are thinning it down. My fear is if i mix with the Mr. Hobby thinner and apply the wash, it will rub off my paint coat.

Any advice anyone?
IG: modernwargame
"The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

exodusforever
E5
Posts: 141
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:21 am
Location: Singapore

Post by exodusforever »

Alrighty. Will check my local hobby store for it. Thanks for the advice!
The Dark tone isn't to overtly dark right?
IG: modernwargame
"The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

33YearsGHQ
E5
Posts: 618
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:27 pm
Location: Missouri

Post by 33YearsGHQ »

Cama,

You convinced me, so I just ordered a set of Army Painter inks. Any application hints? Do you thin or mix with anything else when using as a wash? Do you strictly apply with airbrush or do you brush on in some areas?

I apologize for asking basic questions, but I have not worked with these at all.
Brad Anderson (enjoying GHQ since 1976)

33YearsGHQ
E5
Posts: 618
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:27 pm
Location: Missouri

Post by 33YearsGHQ »

Cama,

You convinced me, so I just ordered a set of Army Painter inks. Any application hints? Do you thin or mix with anything else when using as a wash? Do you strictly apply with airbrush or do you brush on in some areas?

I apologize for asking basic questions, but I have not worked with these at all.
Brad Anderson (enjoying GHQ since 1976)

Luca
E5
Posts: 364
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:52 pm
Location: SLC

Post by Luca »

I have the same questions about the use of the Army Painter Inks.

I found especially difficult to get a nice result on the flat surfaces of my latest two ships, especially on the light coloured sourfaces.

Do you thin the ink somehow?

Thanks
Ars & Mars

Military vehicles are beautiful because they are built from functional designs which make them real, solid, without artifice. The short timers

Erst wägen, dann wagen (first consider, then risk) von Moltke the Elder

exodusforever
E5
Posts: 141
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:21 am
Location: Singapore

Post by exodusforever »

Hey Luca, What are the issues you are having with the Army Painter inks on your flat surfaces of your ships? Too Dark?

Gonna gather as much feedback before I make my decision to use Army Painter dark wash.
IG: modernwargame
"The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Post Reply