Vietnam Thread

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

1ComOpsCtr
E5

Post by 1ComOpsCtr »

I am adding these images to help this thread get to page seven (7) since the previous images are so large they made the system stall until they finally loaded before anyone else could do anything to the thread. I am sorry these pictures don't have anything to do with Viet Nam, but the previous page was bound-up by the size of the images.

These are pictures of the terrain model of the Shugart Gordon live fire facility at Fort Polk, LA where most infantry units deploying to the Iraq or Afghanistan go to train just prior to deployment.

Will
ComOpsCtr
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster." - Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche, 1844-1900

pibber
E5

Riverine Monitor

Post by pibber »

Hi ! :D

One photo of my riverine monitor for this Vietanm topic.

My APL is nearly finish. Photos come soon.... :wink:
Pibber.
(Long life to GHQ !)

jb
E5

Post by jb »

...excellant, magnifique ! monsieur
John

pibber
E5

APL-55 (Part 1)

Post by pibber »

Hi !

Few months ago :

Pibber.
(Long life to GHQ !)

pibber
E5

APL-55 (Part 2)

Post by pibber »

The barrack ship today... :D

Few small details are still missing, I will add them soon..... :wink:
Pibber.
(Long life to GHQ !)

pibber
E5

Last Chance Saloon

Post by pibber »

What about this original subject ?

For Vietnam riverine veterans, I think they recognized the "Last Chance Saloon barge" with peace signs drawing with white shalk.

(For JB : I don't forget the challenge to add small beer cans next some 6mm figurines:shock: .... I work on....:wink: )

Others photos comes soon...
Pibber.
(Long life to GHQ !)

jb
E5

Post by jb »

C'est un certain M. merveilleux pibber de travail. Vous êtes un artiste vrai…
John

pibber
E5

Post by pibber »

Thank you JB :D

I saw on a other post your few moderns US figurines photos, they look very nice.
I 'm about to constitute an US infantry Vietnam Batallion.
I wish I could paint this US figurines so fine as you.

Your french is good. It' a pleasure to communicate with someone passionate with the same hobby. :D
Pibber.
(Long life to GHQ !)

pibber
E5

APL-55 (part 3)

Post by pibber »

Pibber.
(Long life to GHQ !)

pibber
E5

APL-55 (part 4)

Post by pibber »

:D
Pibber.
(Long life to GHQ !)

jb
E5

Re: reply

Post by jb »

pibber wrote:Thank you JB :D

I saw on a other post your few moderns US figurines photos, they look very nice.
I 'm about to constitute an US infantry Vietnam Batallion.
I wish I could paint this US figurines so fine as you.

Your french is good. It' a pleasure to communicate with someone passionate with the same hobby. :D
Thank you ,pibber. Coming from you that is a real honor. I do believe that you have certainly surpassed me on the level of detail when it comes to painting the figurines. Over here we would give you the honor of "you da man" when showing these figures.
I will agree with you about my passion for the hobby. I love nothing better than sitting down and working on a project. But with a job and a daughter that doesn't leave me enough time for my passion :cry: As a matter of fact my daughter is the one who is a French student here. She is lots of help...
As for the Vietnam project I too would like to finnish a US Infantry battalion,along with a good sized section of a combat aviation battalion to support them. I would like to do them in the 1965-69 time frame. Along with this I would like to assemble a North Vietnamese regiment. I would like to wargames around the Chu phong massif area. This area straddles the Cambodian border with Vietnam. It was never taken. as a matter of fact in 1973 this is one of the areas that N.Vietnam launched their successful armored thrusts into S. Vietnam.

Merci, pibber. Venez de toi qui est un vrai honneur. Je crois que vous m'avez certainement surpassé au niveau du détail quand il vient à peindre les figurines. Ici nous te donnerions l'honneur de « toi homme de da » en montrant ces figures. Je serai d'accord avec toi au sujet de ma passion pour le passe-temps. Je n'aime rien mieux que s'asseyant et travaillant sur un projet. Mais avec un travail et une fille qui ne me laisse pas assez de temps pour ma passion : cri : En fait ma fille est celle qui est un étudiant français ici. Elle est un bon nombre d'aide… Quant au projet du Vietnam je trop voudrais à finlandais un bataillon d'infanterie des USA, avec une bonne section classée d'un bataillon d'aviation de combat pour les soutenir. Je voudrais les faire dans la tranche du temps 1965-69. Avec ceci je voudrais rassembler un régiment vietnamien du nord. Je voudrais aux wargames autour du secteur de massif de phong de Chu. Ce secteur écarte les jambes la frontière cambodgienne avec le Vietnam. Il n'a été jamais pris. en fait en 1973 c'est l'un des secteurs que N.Vietnam a lancé leurs poussées blindées réussies dans S. Vietnam.
John

Mk 1
E5

Post by Mk 1 »

Mais c'est pas juste, ca! Personne m'a jamais dit qu'on peut parler francais ici. Non, ca ne va pas du tout.C'est insuportable, je te dis!Et qu'est-ce qu'on va fair maintenant qu'on parles francais le dedans? . . .
-Mark 1
Difficile est, saturam non scribere.
"It is hard NOT to write satire." - Decimus Iunius Juvenalis, 1st Century AD

cbovill
E5

Post by cbovill »

I don't even know what to say - that whole scene is incredible! D_mn fine work!