WWII Czechoslovaks

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

Luca
E5

WWII Czechoslovaks

Post by Luca »

I know they didn't fought the war, but non the less they had a good army and good equipment. Now GHQ is equipping the Hungarians with some czech stuff (the Turan wa the LT-38, and also they're gona to have the 45mm AT gun. And who can forget the great Pz-35t and the Pz-38t!)

The camo scheme of czech's AFV was very nice, resembling much the French style, but a little more darker and with bigger spots. Now I don't have a picture of a czecoslovak vehicole, but You can find it easily on the Osprey NVG 26 on light panzers. There's a plate of a slovak tank painted as in the 1938. Or You can get the Czech publicantion of MBI pubblisher of Prague, dedicated to the Skoda Lt-35. I had the luck to get one in a fair last year.

Here I'll post for You a pic of re-enacting czecoslovak soldiers who a friend of mine gave to me.

To conclude. Czecoslovaks could be good opponents of your armies for some good reasons: GHQ produce yet a lot of czech stuff. Czechs could fight what-if scenarios agains german, and why not also against russians, even if they signed in the '20 an alliance. And more interesting, they could fight the border clashes against Polish and Hungarians occured in the spring of 1939 after the german invesion. The most violent fighting were in slovakia, were the czechoslovaks opposed great resistance against the invading Hungarians, that wanted to re-take the old Hungarians territories lost after the Tryanon peace treaty of 1919 (or it was 1920?), mostly habitated by slovak nationals.
The czecoslovaks had to withdrew they're soldiers after a bit resistance, because the germans very soon closed the game with the capitolation of Prague.
In any case, the czechs used with great skill they're thanks against the Hungarians, only armed for the occasion with old armoured cars.

Everything was written on the MBI pubblicashion, written by Vladimir Francev and Charles K. Kliment

Image[/img]

Hugewally
E5

Post by Hugewally »

Nice painting technique... :wink: :wink:

BattlerBritain
E5

Post by BattlerBritain »

The black wash seems to have run from their feet.

Seems to have made a good shadow impression though.

Nice trees.

Mk 1
E5

Post by Mk 1 »

Hugewally opined:
Nice painting technique... :wink: :wink:
Bet Ritter could have done better... Image
-Mark 1
Difficile est, saturam non scribere.
"It is hard NOT to write satire." - Decimus Iunius Juvenalis, 1st Century AD

Luca
E5

Post by Luca »

Here finally I got a piture of a tank, LT-38, gently shared by the wargame fellows of www.wargaming.eu

Image[/img]

IRON FIST

Post by IRON FIST »

The infantry and heavy weapons and some the the equipment can also be used for Slovak forces on the eastern front. I would love to see these items produced I know I would spend plenty to field the Slovak's on the eastern front. Also the artillery pieces equiped, Romania, Hungry and other Axis forces of the eastern front. How about it GHQ?

Mk 1
E5

Post by Mk 1 »

A fellow from the Czech Republic has posted a set of pics of "Tank Day" at the Czech Military Museum on TankNet : http://63.99.108.76/forums/index.php?showtopic=17565

For those who might like to paint some up, here is a picture of their Lt-38, fully restored in the colors of the Czechoslovakian Army. Looks like it may be the same one, maybe even at the same event, as Luca's post. But here is a much more detailed close-up:

Mighty purdy that little one is! Sure would be fun to paint some GHQ micros like that!
:P
-Mark 1
Difficile est, saturam non scribere.
"It is hard NOT to write satire." - Decimus Iunius Juvenalis, 1st Century AD