Hurricon in Orlando

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

chrisswim
E5

Hurricon in Orlando

Post by chrisswim »

Who is going to Hurricon in Orlando in Sept?

ww2navyguy
E5

Post by ww2navyguy »

chriswim,

I plan to be there Thursday through Sunday.

The folks over at HMGS-South really put on a great convention. Since it is moving to Orlando this year (previously in Tampa), I think the convention will be much better. It's great for familys to spend time together and hit a theme park or two after the gaming is finished.

Actually, this year, the hotel which is right in the middle of International Drive, is a great location to find plenty of good restaurants to chose from too. The space will be much larger than our last hotel in Tampa, so we will have more areas for gaming! :D

It really will be a good convention. If anyone hasn't been to Hurricon, I highly recommend it.

Hope to see you there!

Scott

ACWBill
E5

Hurricon

Post by ACWBill »

I will be there and one of my games will be a micro armor Vietnam game. It is entitled 861 and is a reconstruction of the Marine assault on the hills surrounding the Khe Sanh perimeter in Spring, 1967. All of the figs are GHQ and I am building the terrain at this time. It should be some nice eye-candy. I will post pics if I can figure out how to redguce the size of them.
"I was worse scared than I was at Shiloh" - Sam Watkins
Perryville, KY - October 8, 1862

kgpanzer
E5

Post by kgpanzer »

Next month our HMG is running ATC from what I can tell not as large as Hurricon however. Next year I might be moving to florida if so I will be sure to get to hurricon and recon there in florida

thanks
Ar