Building the game and getting players.

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

fullmetaljacket
E5

Building the game and getting players.

Post by fullmetaljacket »

Now here is a little tid bit that i wish to share with all of you out there in internet land. We all talk about growing the hobby and getting together and having games. Well I want let you all know that me and several of my friends here from the forums and in real life have gotten a great group to game with and we keep growing. I know several months ago there was a thread started about growing the hobby and getting more involved. Well i took the idea and started emailing people here on the forums about our local gaming group. Now just to let you know we have JB, Pitfall, Extra Crispy, fullmetaljacket, and a couple others all from the forums here get together once or twice a month to game and have a good time. Now i know with the price of gas i tell everyone i totally understand about not being able to make it every time we play, but we have some come as far as 4hrs away to play for the day. I always offer them to stay the night because it can be a long trip home.

I guess i just want to share it with you all that there is a rather large group of gamers here in Northern Indiana, Southern Michigan, Western Ohio, Eastern Illionis, and Souther Wisconsin gaming.

We are always looking for more to join us so please if you wish to game with us, come talk history with us, or just see how large men can play with little toy tanks. Feel free to email me and i will add you to the every growing email list and hopefully we will see you at our next get together.

FMJ

pmskaar
E5

Growing the Hobby

Post by pmskaar »

Great to see that some of you guys in the midwest are able to get together for some games. As stated in my last post on Growing the Hobby, I ran a WWII GHQ micro armor game using the Mein Panzer rules. Here in the greater Phoenix and Tucson area we have 4 guys that are forum members. They are Thunder who played Saturday all the way from Tucson, 8ball who showed up but was unfortunately unable to participate due to other commitments, militaryfanatic that has posted several posts on the Mariine thread and myself - the binpicker guy. Militaryfanatic showed up later in the afternoon but saw the terrain and models all set up. It was a great time and I also have several others that are not currently contributors to the forum that will play. It would be interesting to hear from other forum members on this as well regarding a group of members in one general geographical area. Have a great day!

Pete - Binpicker, Out!

BattlerBritain
E5

Post by BattlerBritain »

100 members in the club!!

I gotta emigrate to Canada.

Do you think Airline security would let me through with 8-hundred-weight of lead under my arm?

Extra Crispy
E5

Post by Extra Crispy »

As long as it's not a gel or a knife I think you;re fine!
Mark Severin
Owner, Scale Creep Miniatures
Author DeepFriedHappyMice.com

av8rmongo
E5

Post by av8rmongo »

Just what is a "hundred-weight" anyway?

Paul
“It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.â€￾
― George Orwell, 1984

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
- George Orwell

http://av8rmongo.wordpress.com