HOW ABOUT GHQ CONDUCTING A SELECTION CONTEST

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

IRON FIST

HOW ABOUT GHQ CONDUCTING A SELECTION CONTEST

Post by IRON FIST »

I think it would be a great idea if GHQ held a section contest.

This is how it could work. With every purchase from GHQ that persons name would be set back for a drawing when GHQ is getting ready to make a selection of the new models for that year. The winner would be allowed to pick their favorite tank, plane, ship, infantry ect... to be produced for that year. The winner would be anounced and the model that they selected. I think this could be a great promotional item for GHQ and this would give the lucky winner a chance to get their favorite model without waiting for years. Just an idea I had.

Pitfall
E5

Post by Pitfall »

I don't know if that would work out to anyone's benefit except the guy buying all the stuff. It would effectively allow someone to buy into GHQ, forcing them to allocate resources to production of a product that only one person really wants.

A better idea would be a poll of all people who have purchased from GHQ (NOT just the forum) giving a number of choices for new production, with write-ins available. Then, produce the most popular one.
I wish I had something witty to say...

Luca
E5

Post by Luca »

This is something very close to what Osprey Pubblishing makes on Its site. Maybe GHQ can ask the Osprey's "Boss" how it works, and if it really works. :-)

fullmetaljacket
E5

Post by fullmetaljacket »

Just hope Pitfall never wins the poll or the lucky drawing contest or we will all be buying nothing but Itailian stuff :)

FMJ

Der Kommandeur
E5

Post by Der Kommandeur »

"simply make a " What should come election " on this page. Every registered user should have the possibility to suggest up to 5 wished models.The " Winners " should be presented here. And then out oft these every user can select his favourite 3 .Perhaps it works like this ?"

"This is something very close to what Osprey Pubblishing makes on Its site. Maybe GHQ can ask the Osprey's "Boss" how it works, and if it really works. "

The Osprey site does seem to offer a workable solution ... but would need to be limited to one vote per purchaser. The instant poll result graph is rather nice.

The potential advantage of the Osprey solution is that the information could go into a database (although it may simply generate an email). The weakness (as it stands) is that it is open to multiple votes from individuals.

"A better idea would be a poll of all people who have purchased from GHQ (NOT just the forum) giving a number of choices for new production, with write-ins available. Then, produce the most popular one."

GHQ could:
– use the email subscription list to request a prioritised list of five(?) models.
– advertise a 'call to action' to encourage forum membership registration, where the voting could be organised ... one vote per registered user.

At this point it may be interesting to see what GHQ thinks would be the most workable solution. After all, they would have to implement it, and they may be happy with the way things work at the moment.

Less structure seems to result in more passionate requests :D

Just a few thoughts.

DK
Der Kommandeur
:: Been away but still painting ::