Building an Iraqi Army

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

plumfire

Building an Iraqi Army

Post by plumfire »

Hello Everyone, I have decided to get back into the hobby and am thinking of putting together an Iraqi Army from the 1st Gulf war. I am thinking of using the GHQ Combat Commands of the Soviet T-72 and BMP-1 along with Iraq in the Desert 1990. I was thinking about adding another T-72 company and some more support vehicles such as AA guns and missiles. Does this seem like a realistic mix of units for that time frame? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Tom

microgeorge
E5

Post by microgeorge »

Try the country studies in the "Free Rule" sections of this website. I think you'll be delighted at the depth of research.

microgeorge
E5

Post by microgeorge »

Sorry, make that the "Country Histories" topic in the "Free Rules" section of this website.

jb
E5

Re: Building an Iraqi Army

Post by jb »

plumfire wrote:Hello Everyone, I have decided to get back into the hobby and am thinking of putting together an Iraqi Army from the 1st Gulf war. I am thinking of using the GHQ Combat Commands of the Soviet T-72 and BMP-1 along with Iraq in the Desert 1990. I was thinking about adding another T-72 company and some more support vehicles such as AA guns and missiles. Does this seem like a realistic mix of units for that time frame? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Tom
These are some pics of an Iraqi Mech brigade,that I did about two years ago. They are 1 to 1 scale
John