ACW Rules

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

dnichols
E5

Post by dnichols »

Greetings and I appreciate your interest in the ACW rules.

The rules are based on the realistic and innovative concept introduced in the WWII and Modern rules of cohesion by John Fernandes.

A single number, a unit's cohesion, represents a units experience, elan, morale and leadership. As a unit experiences casualties they loose their cohesion as their officers and NCOs are killed or wounded and the unit then suffers a lower morale, and their ability to recieve, understand and execute orders becomes less effective.
All with a single number!

As a unit suffers casualties their cohesion suffers but a particularlly effective volley will cause casualties that are removed in stands and half stands. By casualties being marked in stands and half stands, players do not have to re-base their figures to use this rule system. I say again...you do not have to rebase your your figures to use this system. It soesn't matter if a stand has 8, 6,or 4 figures.

The scale is 1 stand = ~70 men. 1 cannon = a section. The primary unit is a regiment but multiple regiments are manuevered by Brigade. Brigades made up of,multiple regiments move as a single unit under the command of a Brigade Commander. This simplifys orders and movement.

Division size games play out easily in about 2.5 hours.

Hope that helps. I am happy to answer questions.
Daryl L Nichols Jr
Designer
Micro Force: The Game - American Civil War