Price announcement from GHQ

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: GHQ, dnichols, Mk 1

GHQ
Site Admin
Posts: 714
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2004 1:50 am
Location: Minneapolis, MN, USA

Price announcement from GHQ

Post by GHQ »

We reluctantly are announcing that we will be raising our prices effective July 11th, 2007. Our last price increase was in 2001. As you know, our expenses have been going up over the last 6 years. The cost of our metal alone has gone up 50% in the last 6 months!! The cost of a standard $8.95 pack of Micro Armour will go to $9.95, with most other price points going up accordingly. All orders that we receive before July11th will be charged the OLD prices. We thank you in advance for your understanding of the situation.

Thank you for your support,
GHQ

Donald M. Scheef
E5
Posts: 1629
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:24 am
Location: Waukegan, Illinois USA

Post by Donald M. Scheef »

Of course, I am disappointed that you are raising prices, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

I appreciate that you have given us advance notice of the increase so that I can get in a large order in advance of the rise.

Don Scheef

StracCop
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 9:54 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Post by StracCop »

That is disappointing news but perfectly understood.
Sadly, it means that I will have to buy less and use
ebay more but I gotta stretch those dollars! Hey,
I'm building an army here!!! :)

Tread Head
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:52 am

Post by Tread Head »

bump

ww2navyguy
E5
Posts: 349
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:21 am
Location: Sunny Florida

Post by ww2navyguy »

GHQ,

Can you explain how the new prices will affect the WWII Micronauts 1:2400 sclae naval miniature prices?

For example, are all naval kits simply going up $1.00 per kit or will destroyer packs go up like $0.50 per pack and Battleships will go up $1.00 per pack? I'm a little confused from your announcement how the price increases will work. :?

Thanks in advance for your respone.

GHQ
Site Admin
Posts: 714
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2004 1:50 am
Location: Minneapolis, MN, USA

Post by GHQ »

The new prices for most ships will be:

Destroyers $8.75 per pack
Cruisers $9.95 per pack
Battleships $13.50 per pack
Carriers $15.95 per pack

This will cover almost all of the ships.

Wayne
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:31 pm
Location: Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada

price increase

Post by Wayne »

What are the prices for the 10mm figures ACW , Napoeonics etc going to be?

cbovill
E5
Posts: 439
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:20 am
Location: Las Vegas, NV

Post by cbovill »

I was afraid to ask about the ships - I was kinda hoping that they might slip by at the old prices.

30YRSGHQ
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 3:42 am
Location: Missouri

Price Increase

Post by 30YRSGHQ »

:D I have no problem with the price increase. The level of detail and quality that GHQ provide make them well worth the price. They are accurate scale models and I rarely game with mine. I collect them, detail them and produce dioramas using them. They are fantastic and well worth the price. Where else can you get (5) accurate scale models of a particular tank for $10. They truly are masterpieces! :D :D :D :D :D
Old11B

stevecolletti
E5
Posts: 108
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:01 pm
Location: Whittier, CA, USA

Post by stevecolletti »

GHQ,

What will the price be for Combat Commands?

Thanks,
Steve

jb
E5
Posts: 2160
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2005 7:13 am
Location: Antananarivo

Post by jb »

I can really understand a price increase,but honestly it is nothing to rejoice about!
:roll: :(
John

tstockton
E5
Posts: 715
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2005 10:55 pm
Location: Indiana
Contact:

Post by tstockton »

jb said:
it is nothing to rejoice about!
Too true... it seems as though "everything else" is increasing in price faster than the (meager!) amount I get paid at work rises to compensate!

Sometimes, though, I wonder if it is all as bad as it seems... I was talking with my children (both teenagers) the other day, and my oldest was lamenting the recent rise in gasoline prices. And something came to mind... When I was a teenager, the cost of gasoline was roughly 35 cents a gallon (yes, I'm that old! :lol: )... while a "Big Mac" double cheeseburger at McDonalds was 69 cents. Now, 35 or so years later, a gallon of gasoline costs around $3.00 -- but the cost of a "Big Mac" has risen to "only" $1.79 or $1.89 or something like that -- instead of the $6 or $7 a corresponding rise would cost... I suppose that the "truth" is that all things are rising in cost -- but not proportionally. Some things are "cheaper", and some are "more expensive".

Just a point of view that I'm "throwing out" for thought / discussion...

Regards,
Tom Stockton
"Well, I've been to one World's Fair, a picnic, and a rodeo, and that's the stupidest thing I ever heard come over a set of earphones. You sure you got today's codes?"

-- Major T. J. "King" Kong in "Dr. Strangelove"

Rusty
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:03 pm
Location: New Zealand

Post by Rusty »

I only got into micro not so long ago, one thing i like about GHQ is the detail of the micro. And to not raise your prices for 6 years thats outstanding, i know "other" companies that raise there prices more than once a year.

If materials go up, guess you just have to follow suit.

GHQ your detail is the best i have seen, you offer discount several times a year and when you send out your orders you also give discount coupons.

The price increase wont stop me buying micro, will just have to save a bit more.

On the plus side gives me an excuse to buy at least 12 packs under the old price tag.

bejart7092
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:44 am
Location: Sunny Florida
Contact:

Post by bejart7092 »

tstockton ---
When I was a teenager, the cost of gasoline was roughly 35 cents a gallon ---
I grew up in Oklahoma and remember price wars with hand made signs --- 17 cents a gallon. If we had only known --- :wink:
Bill

thenorthman
E5
Posts: 200
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:12 am
Location: North Bonneville, WA

Post by thenorthman »

Go, go Canadian Dollar! On par here we come!
Candian Dollar going up or US Dollar falling guess is the same result!
cost of a "Big Mac" has risen to "only" $1.79 or $1.89
A Big Mac up here is like just under $3.00....price of a gallon of milk is $4.69....gallon of gas only in the summer starts to approach $3.00 a gallon. (Couple of stations it did go over $3.00 a gallon)

Sean
Last edited by thenorthman on Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply