Page 1 of 2

Price announcement from GHQ

Posted: Sat May 26, 2007 1:48 am
by GHQ
We reluctantly are announcing that we will be raising our prices effective July 11th, 2007. Our last price increase was in 2001. As you know, our expenses have been going up over the last 6 years. The cost of our metal alone has gone up 50% in the last 6 months!! The cost of a standard $8.95 pack of Micro Armour will go to $9.95, with most other price points going up accordingly. All orders that we receive before July11th will be charged the OLD prices. We thank you in advance for your understanding of the situation.

Thank you for your support,
GHQ

Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 8:56 pm
by Donald M. Scheef
Of course, I am disappointed that you are raising prices, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

I appreciate that you have given us advance notice of the increase so that I can get in a large order in advance of the rise.

Don Scheef

Posted: Mon May 28, 2007 12:37 am
by StracCop
That is disappointing news but perfectly understood.
Sadly, it means that I will have to buy less and use
ebay more but I gotta stretch those dollars! Hey,
I'm building an army here!!! :)

Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:02 pm
by Tread Head
bump

Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:23 am
by ww2navyguy
GHQ,

Can you explain how the new prices will affect the WWII Micronauts 1:2400 sclae naval miniature prices?

For example, are all naval kits simply going up $1.00 per kit or will destroyer packs go up like $0.50 per pack and Battleships will go up $1.00 per pack? I'm a little confused from your announcement how the price increases will work. :?

Thanks in advance for your respone.

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:05 am
by GHQ
The new prices for most ships will be:

Destroyers $8.75 per pack
Cruisers $9.95 per pack
Battleships $13.50 per pack
Carriers $15.95 per pack

This will cover almost all of the ships.

price increase

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:06 am
by Wayne
What are the prices for the 10mm figures ACW , Napoeonics etc going to be?

Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:40 am
by cbovill
I was afraid to ask about the ships - I was kinda hoping that they might slip by at the old prices.

Price Increase

Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:38 am
by 30YRSGHQ
:D I have no problem with the price increase. The level of detail and quality that GHQ provide make them well worth the price. They are accurate scale models and I rarely game with mine. I collect them, detail them and produce dioramas using them. They are fantastic and well worth the price. Where else can you get (5) accurate scale models of a particular tank for $10. They truly are masterpieces! :D :D :D :D :D

Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:59 am
by stevecolletti
GHQ,

What will the price be for Combat Commands?

Thanks,
Steve

Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:38 am
by jb
I can really understand a price increase,but honestly it is nothing to rejoice about!
:roll: :(

Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:18 pm
by tstockton
jb said:
it is nothing to rejoice about!
Too true... it seems as though "everything else" is increasing in price faster than the (meager!) amount I get paid at work rises to compensate!

Sometimes, though, I wonder if it is all as bad as it seems... I was talking with my children (both teenagers) the other day, and my oldest was lamenting the recent rise in gasoline prices. And something came to mind... When I was a teenager, the cost of gasoline was roughly 35 cents a gallon (yes, I'm that old! :lol: )... while a "Big Mac" double cheeseburger at McDonalds was 69 cents. Now, 35 or so years later, a gallon of gasoline costs around $3.00 -- but the cost of a "Big Mac" has risen to "only" $1.79 or $1.89 or something like that -- instead of the $6 or $7 a corresponding rise would cost... I suppose that the "truth" is that all things are rising in cost -- but not proportionally. Some things are "cheaper", and some are "more expensive".

Just a point of view that I'm "throwing out" for thought / discussion...

Regards,
Tom Stockton

Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:13 am
by Rusty
I only got into micro not so long ago, one thing i like about GHQ is the detail of the micro. And to not raise your prices for 6 years thats outstanding, i know "other" companies that raise there prices more than once a year.

If materials go up, guess you just have to follow suit.

GHQ your detail is the best i have seen, you offer discount several times a year and when you send out your orders you also give discount coupons.

The price increase wont stop me buying micro, will just have to save a bit more.

On the plus side gives me an excuse to buy at least 12 packs under the old price tag.

Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:23 am
by bejart7092
tstockton ---
When I was a teenager, the cost of gasoline was roughly 35 cents a gallon ---
I grew up in Oklahoma and remember price wars with hand made signs --- 17 cents a gallon. If we had only known --- :wink:
Bill

Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:28 am
by thenorthman
Go, go Canadian Dollar! On par here we come!
Candian Dollar going up or US Dollar falling guess is the same result!
cost of a "Big Mac" has risen to "only" $1.79 or $1.89
A Big Mac up here is like just under $3.00....price of a gallon of milk is $4.69....gallon of gas only in the summer starts to approach $3.00 a gallon. (Couple of stations it did go over $3.00 a gallon)

Sean