Canadians Discussion Thread - Modern

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

Cama,
That is what I am trying to replicate.... or the rope camo net.
Chris

whoa Mohamed
E5

Post by whoa Mohamed »

I would try a sheet of water soaked copy paper ....you have to fit it and cut it then mount it on just like real life then soak it down with water mixed with PVA glue a few carefull jabs with a hobby knife then let it dry for 24 hours then paint and wash with delvian mud let it dry another 24 hours and then base it .....it would be a long process piece by piece but if you can pull it off it would really look good......Mikey
every man for all mens rights
all men for every mans rights

Boy_wundyr_x

Post by Boy_wundyr_x »

I'm working on putting together my order for the current sale, and I'm trying to figure out what infantry to get for Cold War era (say 1983) Canadians. Somewhere I've seen recommended the Third World Warriors pack for regular infantry, but would the Third World Warriors Heavy Weapons pack also work best for them, or the US HW pack? I'll have some US HW packs anyway, for American forces (Cold War and modern), so I can do some mixing if that is an even better solution.

Any suggestions or comments are welcome.

Thanks,
Chris

dougeagle
E5

Post by dougeagle »

Boy_wundyr_x wrote:I'm working on putting together my order for the current sale, and I'm trying to figure out what infantry to get for Cold War era (say 1983) Canadians. Somewhere I've seen recommended the Third World Warriors pack for regular infantry, but would the Third World Warriors Heavy Weapons pack also work best for them, or the US HW pack? I'll have some US HW packs anyway, for American forces (Cold War and modern), so I can do some mixing if that is an even better solution.

Any suggestions or comments are welcome.

Thanks,
Chris
I can't remember if it was on they GHQ forum or another...but I was told for Canadians in Cold War '80s...look at the Vietnam US infantry.

http://www.ghqmodels.com/store/vn17.html

http://www.ghqmodels.com/store/vn18.html
Doug

A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at.
Bruce Lee

Boy_wundyr_x

Post by Boy_wundyr_x »

Thanks for the help guys. I have US WWII HW packs lying around too, so I may borrow some LMGs from them, but otherwise use the TWW HW pack.

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

o.
Chris

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

I am thinking about some LAV III for Canada, what color scheme have you done or recommend?
Chris

dougeagle
E5

Post by dougeagle »

Nice work Grant...lovely stuff.

I definitely need to get my hands on a few of the modern Canadians. Be fun to have a small battle using them :D
Doug

A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at.
Bruce Lee

paul
E5

Canadian vehicles

Post by paul »

Hey Cama,

So you hand paint all of your high points on those figs? How long do you think it takes you on average?

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

Cama,
You must be lying.... cause MY Canadians are either Olive Drab, Dark Green, or 3-tone NATO,, maybe a desert earth tone. You are giving us this dis-information or mis-information to deceive us. I cannot afford another camo/color scheme. Just what are the Canadians thinking of?
Chris

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

I remember a pic with a C-5 Galaxy unloading a 3-tone Leopard 2A6, for Canadian in Afghanistan, to be camo'd later. If not Canada, who, German Lpd 2A6? with miss-identified pic?

Because of the 'damage deposit' I hope none were affected by an IED.... that would be bad. Tracks, road wheels, frame and hull, etc.

I remember seeing their Leopard 1C in Irag with the add-on armor. It was massive.
Chris

dougeagle
E5

Post by dougeagle »

cama wrote:
dougeagle wrote:Nice work Grant...lovely stuff.

I definitely need to get my hands on a few of the modern Canadians. Be fun to have a small battle using them :D
Thanks! Nice to see you online :)

You don't need much to put together Canadians for Afghanistan.
Thanks...I do surf on here from time to time, but otherwise I haven't much in the way of microarmour in a long time...been rather busy.

From what I understand with the 2A6 leased tanks, they were the upgraded ones with the mine protection package. I remember reading about how one of the leased Leo's hit an IED and damaged the tank and crew survived...which is always a good thing. Plus the sand coloured mesh was also to help with the heat...meaning that it helped keep the tanks from overheating...sort like a thermal blanket.
I think if I were to get some 2A6 mini's, I wouldn't get the CAN ones...not a fan of the side rails on them.
Plus I wish there were some modern Canadian infantry as well. Our kit isn't exactly the same as what the US or other countries are.
Doug

Bruce Lee

dougeagle
E5

Post by dougeagle »

Edmonton Garrison receiving the new Leopard 2... 8) 8) 8) 8)

http://www.military.com/video/combat-ve ... 374189001/
Doug

Bruce Lee

dougeagle
E5

Post by dougeagle »

cama wrote:
dougeagle wrote:Edmonton Garrison receiving the new Leopard 2... 8) 8) 8) 8)

http://www.military.com/video/combat-ve ... 374189001/
That's in 2012. I saw one of the Leopard IIs at Stampede parade last year - so quiet. Amazing. The Taurus was before it and sounded like a big old pig.
:( :( :( :( Noooooooooo! Say it ain't so!
8)
Doug

Bruce Lee

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

MechCommander
Chris