Canadians Discussion Thread - Modern

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

panzergator
E5

Post by panzergator »

Canadians and Canadiens might consider calling an alert. CofC is trumping up a pretext for attacking GS. It may be a diversion. Those forces he sends may suddenly swing north for your territories.
All blessings flow from a good mission statement.
Pogo was right. So was Ike.
"A Gentleman is a man who is only rude intentionally." (Churchill)
Give credit. Take responsibility.

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

Agreed the Canadian military is on high alert, the army has the border closed and heavily patrolled, the RCAF are scrambling CF-18s, and CF-101s and RCN ships are moving out of harbor to patrol our waters.
Last edited by MechCommander on Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

panzergator
E5

Post by panzergator »

Agree. Some degree of discretion is in order when discussing ALL reality forces.
Last edited by panzergator on Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
All blessings flow from a good mission statement.
Pogo was right. So was Ike.
"A Gentleman is a man who is only rude intentionally." (Churchill)
Give credit. Take responsibility.

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

Right sorry, speaking of Real Canadian military stuff, Cama do you know what type of colors the RCN used on there ships? as Im trying to figure that one out for a while.

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

the period from the late 1950s to today. and Ive seen the models before in the previous trip, my guess is a sort of light grey but almost white in some pictures ive seen. the paint im using is Army Painter.

Guroburov
E5

Post by Guroburov »

If you go to dakkadakka they have a paint range compatibility chart that includes army painter along with the other major brands. You just need to know which vallejo paint Cama is using and cross reference. If you can't find the chart I can PM it to you.

-Steve

edit: their list isn't very complete though, looking at it again.

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

I posted on this thread as I thought MechCom. might like to see what is here. There is some good stuff to use as background & reference or ideas to develop.
Take care.
Chris

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

So far for army painter i found two possible candidates, Space ship exterior, and Brain matter Beige.

Guroburov
E5

Post by Guroburov »

Yeah, the dakka list isn't very complete and doesn't cover those colors. My main go to list was scale model helper but his site isn't working and I'm not sure when or if it'll come back. And that's a shame as it was a massively comprehensive list of FS colors and their equivalents in a lot of ranges.

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

Hello if GHQ was going to make Canadian army infantry mounted on snowmobiles. what model of Snowmobile should they use?

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

So Polaris Indy RMKs then, though I did come across a pic of a Ski-doo Skandic being used by the Canadian army but I guess that depends mostly on the period.

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

still having snowmobile mounted infantry would work well considering that most of my games happen on arctic maps.

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

So the GHQ LAV-25s make great Canadian Coyotes. Do the Canadians use the other variants, like the LAV-AT and the LAV Mortar carrier? And how are Coyotes organized? Mechanized infantry units? Armored Reconnaissance?

Thanks,

-Mike
Redleg's Website: micropope.webstarts.com

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

Thanks for the great info, Cama!
Redleg's Website: micropope.webstarts.com

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

Is it possible to kitbash a AVGP Grizzly, Cougar, and Husky out of existing GHQ vehicles?