Tips when registering for your forum account

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

Olfarty

Re: Tips when registering for your forum account

Post by Olfarty »

I sent a PM 5 days ago. I'm still patiently waiting for a response.

Meanwhile, I'm still getting the message "You cannot post in this forum" when I try signing in via the New Topic icon.

Olfarty

Olfarty

Post by Olfarty »

Again, I’m hereby requesting assistance from the moderators/admin to participate in this forum.

I sent a PM to the moderator “Mk 1” on 23Nov (my local time/date) which wasn’t read until 08Dec. Now it’s 15Dec and there has still been not been a response. I also sent a PM to GHQ Admin on 30Nov which still hasn’t been read.

I do know that the forum’s PM system works as I have communicated with two of the registered members.

Meanwhile, I’ve been signing in most days since 14Nov. Any message I attempt to post on the forum just disappears – pending approval of a moderator. I still don’t have permission to create a New Topic. I’ve also tried signing in via the New Topic icon however I still getting the message “You cannot post in this forum”.

In a minute or so I will hit the submit button, and I predict this response will disappear – pending approval of a moderator - before it appears on the forum in some hours or days (my third post took 8 days to appear, fourth post 3 days to appear, fifth post 10 days to appear). One of the registered members has even offered to create a New Topic on my behalf, however it’s pointless if I can’t participate on a daily basis.

The whole point of this request, is afterall, so that I can post pics and discuss aspects of GHQ products.

Assistance would be appreciated.

Olfarty

Post by Olfarty »

Attention: the GHQ Forum Moderators/Forum Admin.

I’m getting slightly irked by the somewhat impolite lack of communication here.

My daily routine:

29th December 2023. Friday, 0720 AM (my local date/time).

Got online. Went to GHQ Military Models General Forum. The Forum still shows my last post was “Tue Nov 28, 2023”. This, despite the fact that I also submitted posts on 15Dec23 (ie. again requesting assistance to participate in the forum), and, 26Dec23 (ie. a Happy Christmas/New Year message to GHQ devotees!) – both of these posts have disappeared, apparently still awaiting approval.

Signed in.

Still NO response from PM sent to Moderator on 22Nov23. Checked Moderator “Mk 1” activity via “User Statistics”. Last active on 07Dec23.

Still NO response from PM sent to GHQ Admin on 30Nov23. Checked Moderator “GHQ” ie. “Site Admin” activity via “User Statistics”. Last active on 23Dec23.

Signed out, then signed back in again via “New Topic” icon. Information displayed: “You cannot post in this forum.”

Signed out.

Checked email. NO response from message (requesting assistance) sent to GHQ via the website contact on 24Dec23. However, I expect that the staff at GHQ may be having a Christmas break. I will attempt to contact them by phone after 01Jan24.

panzergator
E5

Post by panzergator »

Has your issue been resolved yet?
All blessings flow from a good mission statement.
Pogo was right. So was Ike.
"A Gentleman is a man who is only rude intentionally." (Churchill)
Give credit. Take responsibility.

Olfarty

Post by Olfarty »

My post on 29Dec23 resulted in the folks at GHQ responding to my e-mail. There apparently issues to be resolved with the forum. I'm now in limbo.

Indeed, as I hit the submit button on this post, I'm not sure whether it will be two hours or two weeks before it actually appears on the forum....

Olfarty

Post by Olfarty »

Hi Forum Moderators/Admin,

I wasn't going to do this, however this is getting freaking ridiculous.

Having finally got an e-mail response to my request for assistance on 29Dec2023, I have again been waiting patiently for something to actually occur. I have been signing on to the forum everyday in the hope that I would be actually be granted permission to participate on a daily basis. I was going to wait until 29Jan2024 before yet again trying to communicate with the forum moderators/admin. However, yesterday (US time), a forum member posted a message asking if the issue had been resolved. I then optimistically attempted to respond to the member. However, my entirely polite, two line post, then disappeared - pending approval. Sixteen hours later that two-line post has still not appeared on the forum (I am now taking screen grabs to prove the time/date). It only takes 16 minutes for a message to get to planet Earth from Mars!!!

What the Hell???

Olfarty

Post by Olfarty »

Another post.

I've just changed my location to: "In some sort of freakin Matrix!"

It is 16Jan2024 7.57 AM as I begin to type this. Quite soon I'll hit the submit button and this message will disappear, just like the previous three messages. Or perhaps this message will just be ignored or deleted? Perhaps I'll end up being banned from the forum altogether?

The year is 2024. Communication via an online forum should not be this freaking difficult.

Recent events:

13Jan24 5.11 PM. Posted response to member Panzergator...

Hit submit button. Automated response: “This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.”

16Jan24 7.57 AM >> 62 Hours ago, post still not publicly viewable.

14Jan24 9.50 AM. Posted attempt to connect with Forum Admin...

Hit submit button. Automated response: “This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.”

16Jan24 7.57 AM >> 46 Hours ago, post still not publicly viewable.

15Jan24 8.45 AM Posted response on Topic “Gazza’s Stuff”...

16Jan24 7.53 AM >> 23 Hours ago, post still not publicly viewable.

Olfarty

Post by Olfarty »

A few minutes later and what do you know:

This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

An endless loop...

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

Olfarty, any good fortune or events?
Let’s see some stuff.
What say you, Olfarty???
Chris

Olfarty

Post by Olfarty »

In case you hadn't noticed I changed my location from "Somewhere" to "Somewhere" to "In some sort of freakin Matrix!"....
Last edited by Olfarty on Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mortis57
E5

Post by Mortis57 »

It would be helpful if one of the more active members was made a moderator. I lost access to my Gazza account and tried to contact a moderator. At least I still have this account.

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

Another forum member has been locked out of the forum completely. Brigade Commander can't even access the forum anymore.

He did send word though that he has secured some truck and trailer pump & tank units that some were looking for! I will post the info on the other thread.
Redleg's Website: micropope.webstarts.com

Cass71

Post by Cass71 »

I registered January 5 , I think. Still can't post , except here. :(

dalem

Post by dalem »

I still have posts waiting in limbo. I've sent a few PMs to MK1. No change yet.

Thanks for looking!

-dalem

panzergator
E5

Post by panzergator »

GHQ better get this straightened out. There are damned few contributors as it is. Locking some out, not admitting new folks does not speak well to the firm's longevity. We can't afford this kind of neglect.
All blessings flow from a good mission statement.
Pogo was right. So was Ike.
"A Gentleman is a man who is only rude intentionally." (Churchill)
Give credit. Take responsibility.