Landing craft scale plans

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

pmaidhof
E5

Post by pmaidhof »

I took the specifications listed on global security and crunched the numbers to come up with the length and width of the LCU. I'll check at home to see it my scratch paper is still available to me.

I only own 2 non-GHQ M1's out of my gaggle of them. I cannot honestly say for sure that those are not one or both of them. Again, I'll check when I go home, and edit (re-take) the photos if I violated the "rules" here. What are the odds :o
S/F
Pete

pmaidhof
E5

Post by pmaidhof »

Yes,

For use with my 1/285 stuff. Still no luck yet on the other questions.
S/F
Pete

Mk 1
E5

Post by Mk 1 »

pmaidhof wrote:I only own 2 non-GHQ M1's out of my gaggle of them. I cannot honestly say for sure that those are not one or both of them. Again, I'll check when I go home, and edit (re-take) the photos if I violated the "rules" here. What are the odds :o
Pete:

The only firm rules here are to be polite and respectful, and not to post links to competitors' web stores.

That said, many of us to focus our postings and pics on GHQ's fine products. But that is more of a personal bias than anything that could qualify as "rules". (And scratch-built stuff has always been warmly received, as GHQ themselves have attested in the scratch-builds thread.)

So I expect your pictures are just fine under the "code".

That said, no one around here is likely to object if you take and post more pictures. Nope. No votes against that proposition at all.
Last edited by Mk 1 on Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Mark 1
Difficile est, saturam non scribere.
"It is hard NOT to write satire." - Decimus Iunius Juvenalis, 1st Century AD

pmaidhof
E5

Post by pmaidhof »

The scratch LCU is 14.5mm long x 3.0mm at its widest. I'll leave it to the math guru's to tell me how far off I am in the 1/285 world.

Yes, the tanks in the photos are both GHQ models....whew! :D
S/F
Pete

Mk 1
E5

Post by Mk 1 »

pmaidhof wrote:The scratch LCU is 14.5mm long x 3.0mm at its widest. I'll leave it to the math guru's to tell me how far off I am in the 1/285 world.
:?
Well, if I am to take your measurements at face value, I would say you are off by about a factor of 10x. :shock:

Unless, of course, you meant 14.5cm x 3.0cm. Then, I too will leave it to the math gurus to consider the details.

:wink: :lol:
-Mark 1
Difficile est, saturam non scribere.
"It is hard NOT to write satire." - Decimus Iunius Juvenalis, 1st Century AD

pmaidhof
E5

Post by pmaidhof »

yessir, centimeters. Back to the mathletes. :lol:
S/F
Pete

ShortRound70
E5

Post by ShortRound70 »

Nice job, Pete. Looks like it works well. I may have to try my hand at making one.
Maybe down the road, we could get GHQ to add a LCU to their "to do" list.