Update, Micronauts: The Game- WWII

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

GHQ
Site Admin

Update, Micronauts: The Game- WWII

Post by GHQ »

There have been multiple posts, and many direct e-mails, inquiring about the status of Micronauts: The Game- WWII. Unfortunately we experienced many delays that were out of our control. In all projects that we undertake our gameplan is always to do whatever we can to release the best possible product. That is why we chose to allow everyone who had anything to do with these rules to take as much time as they needed to get it right, rather than try to rush it out the door. The rules are now at the printer, and we are supposed to have them back in our hands in late- February. When in February? We don't know exactly, but we will list them on our website as soon as we have them. For the time being we have listed a free supplement to the rules on our website here:

http://www.ghqmodels.com/pdf/WWII_Micro ... lement.pdf

This will give you a good idea about the look and feel of the rule book, the combat table cards, layout of the ship data, scenario, etc.

We know that many of you have been patiently waiting for these rules to be relased, and your patience is going to be rewarded. The rules are going to be listed on our website for 50% off ($14.95) for an initial period. For the time being please feel free to look through the bonus supplement and get the feel of how some of the things are laid out.

Thank you for your support,
GHQ

ACWBill
E5

Naval Rules

Post by ACWBill »

Am I correct in assuming that a Great War Micronauts, the Game or whatever the terminology may be, is forthcoming as well?
"I was worse scared than I was at Shiloh" - Sam Watkins
Perryville, KY - October 8, 1862

ww2navyguy
E5

Micronauts The Game WWII

Post by ww2navyguy »

Awesome news on the rule set. Thanks GHQ for the half-price initial offering! :D

Can't wait to order a copy! Thank you also for posting the supplement. Looks great! :D

GHQ
Site Admin

Post by GHQ »

We have discussed doing a WWI set of Micronauts rules, but nothing has been done at this point. It is a very likely project, but nothing has officially been announced or promised. We agree that WWI rules would be a very nice addition.

GHQ

thenorthman
E5

Post by thenorthman »

WOW....I gonna have to get a set of those....

Plus GHQ you just said it is a needed rule set but I second (triple or whatever) the WW One set of rules as being needed.

Sean

hussar62

Post by hussar62 »

Looks really nice. I really appreciate being able to have a close look at the format.

If possible you may want to have a quick review of some of the charts it appears the data may be transposed in the fleet characteristic chart for the USN & IJN.

Also noticed on the Oyodo Class Cruiser that the main armament is listed as:

6x6" A2, B2, Y2

Should this not be

6x6" A3,B3 as the Oyodo did not have a rear turret?

In any event I do like what I have seen and will buy this set of rules.
Tom

ACWBill
E5

Naval Rules

Post by ACWBill »

I have played the pre-released version with a couple of the playtesters several times now. They are fast and fun. They contrast greatly with some of the overly complex rules out on the market today. These rules will allow actual fleet engagements. My only lament, I have the entire Jutland fleets on boths sides and not a single WWII ship. Oh well.

:roll:

ww2navyguy
E5

Re: Naval Rules

Post by ww2navyguy »

ACWBill wrote:I have played the pre-released version with a couple of the playtesters several times now. They are fast and fun. They contrast greatly with some of the overly complex rules out on the market today. These rules will allow actual fleet engagements. My only lament, I have the entire Jutland fleets on boths sides and not a single WWII ship. Oh well.

:roll:
ACWBill,

Do you have your WWI fleets painted already? I'd love to check'em out. :D Will you be bringing them to Recon 2008 in Orlando? Do you plan to play or run a WWI naval game anytime soon? I have never played WWI naval and would love to join in any game that you may be having.

My interests have been primarily WWII, and I have played in Paul's GHQ playtest rules twice now in Orlando. I've really enjoyed the GHQ rules set.

Please let me know if you might run and game in WWI naval anytime soon, if you are looking for new players. Too bad I live on the opposite coast from you guys or I'd be by to game quite often.

Thanks and hope to see you at Recon! :D

Scott

ACWBill
E5

Jutland Fleets

Post by ACWBill »

Yes, 90% are done. I am now working on the lesser ships using a combination of CinC, GHQ and Panzershiffe (if nothing else is available). I even converted a Colossus Class ship over to the Neptune by adding a flying bridge and second Tripod Mast. I have posted pcis on the "show us your stuff" chain before. Its probably still there but here is a sample or two.

Sorry to say I will not be attending Recon this year.

Bill Moreno

ww2navyguy
E5

Re: Jutland Fleets

Post by ww2navyguy »

ACWBill wrote:Yes, 90% are done. I am now working on the lesser ships using a combination of CinC, GHQ and Panzershiffe (if nothing else is available). I even converted a Colossus Class ship over to the Neptune by adding a flying bridge and second Tripod Mast. I have posted pcis on the "show us your stuff" chain before. Its probably still there but here is a sample or two.

Sorry to say I will not be attending Recon this year.

Bill Moreno
Wow! :shock: The ships look great Bill! Bummer that you will not be attending Recon this year. I hope that you will maybe run a WWI game soon in an upcoming convention so I can sign up and play.

Thanks for sharing the photos. The ships look awesome! Love the waves on the bases too. Great work.

Scott

jb
E5

Post by jb »

Good looking stuff, Bill- It looks like the Black sea! :D
John

cbovill
E5

Post by cbovill »

Bill,

Beautiful work! Just love the site of squadrons of dreadnoughts at sea - and the smoke coming out of the stacks is a great addition - and a helpful reminder during war gaming of the effect funnel smoke had in battle.

Wouldn't mind a run down of how you made your bases.

Chris