GHQ models used for training purposes in the military

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

Mk 1
E5

Post by Mk 1 »

Dog Smack wrote:ERRRRR!!!!!!!!!! :x
Dog Smack:

After carefully comparing the contents to ensure they were identical, I have deleted your duplicate postings.

You have suffered a bite from the SQerL (SQL Error Log), our local forum pest.

If you get an error message after posting a message, please do not immediately re-post. If you can, go back to your message and clip it into a temporary file. Then come back and check the forum in half an hour or so. More often than not, your message will in fact appear.

Just a note from your friendly neighborhood GHQ FORUM MODERATOR. 8)
-Mark 1
Difficile est, saturam non scribere.
"It is hard NOT to write satire." - Decimus Iunius Juvenalis, 1st Century AD

Dog Smack
E5

Post by Dog Smack »

Thanks for straightening that out!! :D

Oberst

Post by Oberst »

Hi. I was in Korea in 1986 with the Wolf Pack at Kunsun AB. To Help pass the time I started my own hobby shop to get others to play war games with my. I was able to make enough to pay all most all my gameing needs. Before long I was selling to both the U.S. & Korean Army. Good times back then.
Kelly

BattlerBritain
E5

Post by BattlerBritain »

Ideal job by the sounds of it :D

GHQ
Site Admin

Post by GHQ »

It has been awhile since anyone has posted to this topic. We recently received the following in an e-mail from HMC Richardson:

"We currently use your models on our
Night Vision Terrain Boards in our Night Imaging and Threat Evaluation
Laboratories. As stated before, we have 20 worldwide who provide mandatory
Navy/Marine Corps-wide aviation Night Vision Goggle (NVG) training to fleet
Naval Aviators and Aircrew. We use your models as real-life references for
aircrew to visually identify threats and friendlies as well as to
demonstrate how, by the use of different textures, shadows and terrain
features, we can reduce the contrast of these vehicles and aircraft with
reference to their surrounding environment to camouflage their position.

Your models are the highest quality, most realistic ones we've seen
and, when painted well, greatly enhance the quality of training we provide
to fleet aircrew."

If there are any present, or past, members of the military who use GHQ models as training aids in the classroom or field, please share your stories, observations, and descriptions of how you use them. These are valuable anecdotes for us to have, and help out when we deal with military inquiries and planning future releases. We frequently send out orders to military units, but we know that the use of GHQ models is far more widespread than we can imagine. Hearing the who, what, how, where about the use of our models really helps, and it is very interesting.

Please keep the stories rolling in!

Thank you,
GHQ

mmi80

Post by mmi80 »

I bought my first GHQ in !972 as a youngster visiting the beach in MS. (Tiger I, Panther, M-4 and M-3) still have most of them. The next time I saw them was at Marion Military Institute during the tactics phase, we used Dunn Kempf. Got my clock cleaned as a Mech Heavy Company Commander. Later in my military career I was lucky enough to get to use the sim center at Ft Riley on weekends with Manhattan Maneuver Group Steve Bachelor, Gary Mills, myself and many others refought many WWII battles and wargamed many of 1ID (M) reforger missions as well as many make believe fights. I remember my farewell game was a WWII Kursk recreation where we brought what we had and fought it....There were thousands of AFV's on the table that weekend. I was a HAPPY DOG!!!! Great Training aids. I even used them as training aids for rehearsals when I was a Maintence Company Commander before we went to the field, a wonderful tool for convoy ops and to train Junior Leaders both Officer and NCO.

afv's on the table that weekend
Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying,"Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" I said, "Here I am. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8
Gun Control, being able to hit your target!! .45ACP