Never knew how much this forum meant.

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

jb
E5

Never knew how much this forum meant.

Post by jb »

For the last 5 days or so I have not been able to get on this forum due to a SQRl thing :x It was a very strange feeling, kind of like being on a crashed aircraft and left in a deserted place feeling.
I'm sure glad to see the forum back in business... :D
John

av8rmongo
E5

Post by av8rmongo »

I've been busy packing up my worldy possessions for the big move and haven't had the chance to check in either. At first I thought my heart palpitations and nervous tic was due to caffiene overload but then I realized it was just withdrawl. So I tried for a quick fix and - nothing. I was devastated, I yelled at the kids, the wife, the dogs (well the dogs actually deserved it but you get the point). Welcome back GHQ. :wink:

Paul
“It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.â€￾
― George Orwell, 1984

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
- George Orwell

http://av8rmongo.wordpress.com

Mk 1
E5

Post by Mk 1 »

It was so unnerving. I first discovered the forum was down on Sunday morning. Got up, had breakfast, read the comics, and then plunked m'self down in front of the PC and ... WHAT?!?! NO GHQ FORUM????!!??

Wife was out. Daughter was out with wife. Teenaged boy had spent the night at a friend's house. Youngest (pre-teen) sone was watching Sunday morning cartoons that I just can not stand to sit and watch. Oh, woe was me... whatever was I to do?

So I went and painted up a company of Medium Tanks, M3, for my Tunisia gaming forces. :)

Life, lemonaide, you know the drill. Picures in the "Show Us Yer Stuff" thread in a day or two.

:wink:
-Mark 1
Difficile est, saturam non scribere.
"It is hard NOT to write satire." - Decimus Iunius Juvenalis, 1st Century AD

cbovill
E5

Post by cbovill »

Having the forum go down right at the exact time of the year that GHQ puts out its new production list for the coming year is like having your TV go out in the final moments of the fourth quarter and your team is down by 4 points but at 1st and goal!

Well, thankfully its backup, but where's the new product list?! Please show me!!!! I can't wait any longer!!!!

Chris

Ben
E5

Post by Ben »

:D Good to see that I am not the only one with such thoughts. :lol:

Beste Grüße,
Ben

GHQ
Site Admin

Post by GHQ »

Wow! We are glad to hear that our forum is so important to so many people. We are sorry that it has goen down twice in the last few weeks, especially during a holiday weekend for those of us in the USA. We have contacted our website designers and asked why this has happened. We haven't gotten a real answer, but they have assured us that they are working on a more permanent fix that will keep it going for more than a couple of weeks at a time. If this happens again, it is helpful to have our customers let us know because often times that is the first way that we know about it. If you ever receive an error message when using our forums, it is very helpful to copy and paste the exact error message. This will speed the diagnosis of the problem. Once again, thanks for using our forum!

GHQ