Consolidated Micronaut Wish List

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

Donald M. Scheef
E5

Post by Donald M. Scheef »

It's not really a list of 100 ships - I just truncated the list for ships with fewer than three votes. Actually, right now 127 ships have three or more votes.

Resubmitting votes is not required - the vote totals cover back to the earliest mention of ships I could find in the GHQ forum. However, you are welcome to vote again with either the same list or a modified one. Several people (including myself) have voted several times. All the votes total up. Don't worry about "skewing" the vote - this is not a formal election, just a popularity poll. Voting more than once just demonstrates that you are enthusiastic.

There are several A-H ships sitting at the two vote level. If you place votes for these, they will show up on the next update. Maybe you are correct about the chances of them showing up are better if they don't appear on the list, but Admiral Scheef was near the top of the list and Enterprise & Wolfhound fairly highly placed.

Personally, I would prefer to finish up the US WWI battleships (South Carolina and Nevada classes), but if Tegetthoff or Radetzky show up on next year's list, I would buy them as soon as they became available.

Don S.

Donald M. Scheef
E5

Consolidated Micronaut Wish List Summary
Replaced with updated list 2009-07-31
Don S.

Donald M. Scheef
E5

Replaced with updated list 2009-08-10.
Don S.

Donald M. Scheef
E5

Replaced with updated list 2009-09-16
Don S.

Donald M. Scheef
E5

Replaced with updated list 2009-09-17
Don S.
Last edited by Donald M. Scheef on Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Panzerleader71
E5

Post by Panzerleader71 »

Is there that much of difference in the Jianghu types and varients that would require 4 separate models?
The moral high ground: A good place to site your artillery.

Donald M. Scheef
E5

There is very little external difference between Jianghu I and Jianghu II classes - limited to different radar antennae and (in some cases) small surface-to-air missile launchers added to Jianghu II.

Jianghu III was a major redesign with new anti-ship missile launchers, gun mounts, enlarged hull.

Jianghu IV was one-of-a-kind; hull and equipment of Jianghu I/II classes but with a helicopter landing deck replacing the aft armament.

Jianghu V was a low-cost version of the Jianghu III (enlarged hull and gun mounts of Jianghu III, but with the older missile armament of the Jianghu I/II classes). The missile launchers have a significantly different appearance from the Jianghu III and everything else differs from the Jianghu I/II.

It seems that four different models are appropriate: Jianghu I/II, Jianghu III, Jianghu IV, and Jianghu V, but I doubt that Jianghu IV would be worth-while - only one was built and the ships are too small to sell only one ship per pack.

Don S.

Donald M. Scheef
E5

Replaced by updated list 2009-09-21
Don S.
Last edited by Donald M. Scheef on Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mikee
E5

Hipper or Blucher as a GHQ offering

Post by Mikee »

There has been a goodly amount of interest in persuading GHQ to produce a Hipper. However, would Blucher b e better from a modeler's standpoint? My knowledge is incomplete in this matter, but what little I know suggests that the big difference between the two was that Hipper (eventually) had an Atlantic bow, and the Blucher was built with a more-pronounced clipper bow. Their aircraft facilities seem to have been similar - and different than their later sister.

Would it make sense for GHQ to produce a Blucher, and then we could file down the bow a bit to make a Hipper? Or, if there are other minor differences between the two, produce a Blucher "as she would have been a few years later," so a good Hipper could be "kit bashed" from the original? I started fooling around with a Prinz Eugen last year, filing down the bow to make it look more like Hipper, and at that point it looked pretty good to me. since then I've filed off the aircraft hanger, but haven't yet tried to cut out a new hanger and pedestal for the aircraft catapult.

Mikee

Donald M. Scheef
E5

Replaced with updated list 2009-09-24
Don S.

Donald M. Scheef
E5

Replaced with updated list 2009-09-26
Don S.

Donald M. Scheef
E5

Replaced with updated list 2009-10-17

Don S.

Donald M. Scheef
E5

Replaced with updated list 2009-12-09

Don S.
Last edited by Donald M. Scheef on Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Donald M. Scheef
E5

Replaced by updated list 2010-01-12

Don S.