US Paratroopers in WWII

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

Eagle

US Paratroopers in WWII

Post by Eagle »

I have noticed a number comments about the US Paratroopers for WW2, and the concern over their size. I think they offer some great gaming opportunities BECAUSE of their size. The average height of a Japanese soldier during the war was something like 5' 4". GHQ's Japanese infantry look taller than that to me. So if the Japanese infantrty faces the US Paratroopers (11th Airborne Division) in the reconquest of the Philipines, the proper size difference of the opponents would seem to be properly achieved.

Eagle

DAK
E5

Post by DAK »

That may be true, but the U.S. paratroops were not 7 feet tall in WW2 either. They are clearly bigger than that the rest of the WW2 line. The detail on them are outstanding, but the are a little too big for me.

av8rmongo
E5

Post by av8rmongo »

And don't forget you really can't use them next to any 1/285 scale vehicles. Unless of course you're going for that Magilla Gorilla strap a jeep on to each foot like roller skates look.

Paul
“It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.â€￾
― George Orwell, 1984

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
- George Orwell

http://av8rmongo.wordpress.com

Apachex

Post by Apachex »

DAK wrote:That may be true, but the U.S. paratroops were not 7 feet tall in WW2 either. They are clearly bigger than that the rest of the WW2 line. The detail on them are outstanding, but the are a little too big for me.
According to their own propaganda, they were actually 10 feet tall and defecated ice cream

Theodore

Post by Theodore »

av8rmongo wrote:And don't forget you really can't use them next to any 1/285 scale vehicles. ...
Yeah but they are paratroopers so they shouldn't be closer than average bazooka range to a vehicle. :wink: