Afew modern British army questions for those who may know

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

ROGER_HOUSTON2EMC-ENG.COM
E5

Afew modern British army questions for those who may know

Post by ROGER_HOUSTON2EMC-ENG.COM »

1) In the 12th Air Defense Regiment -1st UK Armored Division,most of the T.O.&E.s list the unit having 108 HVM Starstreak "launchers". The Stormer vehicle has a 4 cell launcher on each. Does the standard t.o.e. reflect the number of cells per vehicle or are there actually 108 Stormer vehicles in the regiment?
2) Are there still 8 CVR(T) Swingfires(Striker)? in the ATGW platoon in a standard armoured regiment, or have they been eliminated? Are they still in the AT troop of the close recon squadrons?
3) Was the M-578 ARV retained to service the MLRS regiments after the 175mm and 203mm guns were retired?
4) Is the Sabre still in use in the recon platoons in the Mech Infantry battalions? Was the Sabre fielded in just the UK based battalions in 3rd Div or was it used in 1st AD? Were Sabres used in the recon regiments or just the recon troops in the line battalions?
5) Will the Saxon remain in the mech infantry battalions, or have they been converted to all Bulldog and MRAP?
Any info here would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Ben
E5

Post by Ben »

Hi,

I can give a few hints. The Stormer has a eight cell launcher but I have no info on the number of vehicles per regiment. Nevertheless 108 Stormer air defence missile carriers sounds too much to me. 108 launchers seems to be the overall number, including some in MANPADS configuration.

From my knowledge all Strikers have been withdrawn from service. AFAIK they have been replaced by Javelin ATGM teams travelling in Spartan APCs.

If I remember right (some) M-578 ARVs have been in use with MLRS units but I am not sure how long.

Kind regards,
Ben