Inspirational Vietnam Photos?

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

6milPhil

Inspirational Vietnam Photos?

Post by 6milPhil »

Hello Friends,

I've been led astray by the heathens from other scales... but there's been whispers of doing Vietnam and having a lot of suitable scenics I'm trying to convince the chaps to do it in 6mm. Anyone able to share some great images to win the game?

Thanks in advance and keep the faith. :wink:

av8rmongo
E5

Post by av8rmongo »

over to pibber...
“It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.â€￾
― George Orwell, 1984

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
- George Orwell

http://av8rmongo.wordpress.com

av8rmongo
E5

Post by av8rmongo »

Start here:

http://www.ghqmodels.com/forum/viewtopi ... sc&start=0

By the end one of two things will happen. Either you'll never play Vietnam again because you can't hope to match the quality of what has been done. Or, if you served there you'll be curled up in a ball suffering from PTSD because the stuff looks so real you'll swear you were back there. Either way enjoy.

Paul
“It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.â€￾
― George Orwell, 1984

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
- George Orwell

http://av8rmongo.wordpress.com

pibber
E5

6mm vietnam photos

Post by pibber »

Hello "6milPhil" ! :D

Very agree with "av8rmongo" ! Have a look to the "Vietnam thread" on this forum, there are many good inspirational pictures and informations by all authors ! :D

US Base :

Vietnamese sampans

Interested in US riverine force ?

For your inspiration :D
Pibber.
(Long life to GHQ !)

jb
E5

Re: 6mm vietnam photos

Post by jb »

pibber wrote:Hello "6milPhil" ! :D

Very agree with "av8rmongo" ! Have a look to the "Vietnam thread" on this forum, there are many good inspirational pictures and informations by all authors ! :D

US Base :

For your inspiration :D
Pibber, MAGNIFIQUE! love those tracks!
John

6milPhil

Post by 6milPhil »

Thanks gents... I'm sold - the others can do what they choose... I'm playing this in 6mm.

Some of that is stunning, but the cherry on top is the VC recon water buffalo- fiendish!

opsctr
E5

Post by opsctr »

Pibber, fantastic work as usual. Any more new pictures of your work?

Please PM me when you get the chance... Will
"The three most important words when trying to make a decision are: communications, communications, communications, ...in that order" MGen BG Hollingsworth USMC (retired)

Brigade Commander
E5

Post by Brigade Commander »

I forwarded this topic to a friend who had served in River Div. 515 and he was amazed at the whole Riverine force. Not just the job done on the models but the selection as well. A big question is was the YRBM built from a model or scratch-built? A truly impressive centerpiece!!
"It is a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the road and, if you do not keep your feet, there is no telling where you might be swept off to."

Bilbo Baggins to Frodo Baggins.

pibber
E5

Pibber's boats

Post by pibber »

Hi guys ! :D

The "APL" is made from scratchbuilding (plastic card from Evergreen).
She was made specialy for playing wargaming with GHQ's riverine boats.

During US riverine Vietnam war, US Navy's barrack ships were very important for supporting US soldiers and boats. That's why I decided making few Riverine support ships to go with GHQ's boats : An APL, one LST, one APB and one ARL !!!)
This is a very, very big project with lot of work ! (need lot of time :( to finish it)

My next model for example (work in progress) : The LSD-26, to support US PACV crafts (1/288 model from Lindberg) :

This boat was the first to be use to support PACV unit and an helo gunship Team in the sea near the SouthVietnamese coasts before ** CENSORED ** LST's arrive...
Original model from Lindberg is the WWII version, so I have to make all modifications in scratchbuilding for Vietnam version...

Others Pibber's Vietnam figurines in Vietnam thread :wink:

Thank you very much for yours comments guys :D !
Pibber.
(Long life to GHQ !)