Show us yer stuff!

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

recon110

Re: Show us yer stuff!

Post by recon110 »

Redleg. My Turkish friend Ali Sayiner of Iliada Game Studio crafted it up for me to my specifixation 4 yrs ago off a commercial ferry. We beefed it up a bit in size etc. I added shapeways ADA. Its 1/285ish. Assault Ferry.
David Farrell

recon110

Post by recon110 »

BTR 80 Rgmt. Some unique stuff and attachments. 120mm mortar battery (WW2 German), SA14 BTR80 plts, WW2 Russian riders.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/gYAbQNyX1ZCQdyKF8

https://photos.app.goo.gl/LWLUyxPbwpnjaBnaA

https://photos.app.goo.gl/LamoqMTJpDjD3a8w6

https://photos.app.goo.gl/AZBeeEGpgryNqkUr6
David Farrell

wkurniawan

Post by wkurniawan »

Greetings everyone.
I have been a longtime microarmour fan and I must say a lot of the photos posted in this forum have inspired me greatly to continue building up my own microarmour collection. I decide that it is time for me to stop lurking in the forum but contribute as well. So here they are , pictures of my budding German Panzer Division. As much as i tried to, i just can't do a decent camo paintjob so please forgive the bland grey german panzers and grunts :D

panzergator
E5

Post by panzergator »

I think you are doing just fine. They look good.
All blessings flow from a good mission statement.
Pogo was right. So was Ike.
"A Gentleman is a man who is only rude intentionally." (Churchill)
Give credit. Take responsibility.

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

Nice work you guys! Your vehicles and troops like great wkurnianwan and David! Keep the pics coming!
Redleg's Website: micropope.webstarts.com

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

David,
The camo is great, looks superb. What colors did you use?

Whurniawan,
Looks great., keep going. Multi color for WW2 German, could be the mustard-yellow, then paint with green and reddish… in the field there was not a specific pattern or camo-scheme.
How much are your bases per base? Just an idea, use a penny for the infantry. The cost can be determined specifically. There is not any sales tax on the penny. Cost per penny base is 1 cent. Could consider not basing you vehicles unless you have a larger base to protect the barrel. I do not base except for a few specific items, like a command group 3-4 TOCs.
Chris

wkurniawan

Post by wkurniawan »

thank you guys for the kind words :D
@chrisswim,
A word about the bases i used. i had originally thought about using pennies but i found them to be to thin for me to handle. I dont like to touch my miniatures directly so prefer to hold them by the base. this is the same reason why i base my tanks. but appreciate your suggestion.
As for the camo paintjob, Its not that i m doubtful about the color pallete. I just dont know how to paint those freestyle pattern if you know what i mean. its just our of my "comfort zone" you see. but one day i swear!

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

Wkurniawan,
Makes sense to me, others apply same idea on handling and/or painting.
Chris

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

Panther on the Abrams chassis.
Manned with 2-man crew or remote control.

Chris

Mike ENG

Post by Mike ENG »

Nice work wkurniawan. I have a question about you acrylic bases. What type of glue did you use? I notice you don't have the white cloudy effect I get when I use super glue on acrylic. It might not be the glues fault but my technique. Either way you don't seem to have that issue. I like the idea of a clear base because you don't have to worry about matching the terrain because you see it through the base.
MIke

Mike ENG

Post by Mike ENG »

Nice work wkurniawan. I have a question about you acrylic bases. What type of glue did you use? I notice you don't have the white cloudy effect I get when I use super glue on acrylic. It might not be the glues fault but my technique. Either way you don't seem to have that issue. I like the idea of a clear base because you don't have to worry about matching the terrain because you see it through the base.
MIke

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

Working on M2A4 Bradley, I added the missile launcher (either Avenger missile box or styrene)

XA-180 series of variants

French VAB Air Defense with twin 20mm

Chris

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

Abrams TUSK
My base paint is different look of olive drab, just added the tan and black. The ERA blocks have one of several different colors: olive drab, dark tan, faded olive drab, dark green, one Abrams has a few blocks on each side RAF Green.

I cut off the .50 CROWS weapon. These will get the 3-tone Aussie camo.

Added 9 more Abrams TUSKs adding tan & black.

Chris

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

Lookin good Chris! That's a lot of tanks!

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

Stop…HEMTT Time! I finished up 11 HEMTTs this weekend – 8 fuelers and 3 wreckers. That’s a total of 99 wheels for those keeping count (and I was definitely counting).

These are going to my 9th ACR project. The fuelers and 1 wrecker are for 2nd Squadron HHT, and the other 2 wreckers are for 3rd Squadron.