Show us yer stuff!

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

chrisswim
E5

Re: Show us yer stuff!

Post by chrisswim »

Yes, It is an R/C. I cut a bunch of junk off. Have 2 LHD in 1/350 scale. I have a couple in 1/2400 scale.
The shipyard is operating at full capacity on Crash assembly, currently.
New Port, a couple of Frigates, a Tico, etc.
The carrier is on hold.. Need to get the reactor elements in. The shipyard is working on a larger floating dry dock for a carrier.

hhhh MERDC!!

Chris

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

Nice looking tanks Chris!
Redleg's Website: micropope.webstarts.com

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

Thank you Redleg.
Thicker light tan areas.

Same tanks after applying more black to cover the light tan. I am not in ‘the groove’ yet for MERDC. Is that possible.

For my accurate MERDC on the right....I think.

Chris

KILLroy1978

Post by KILLroy1978 »

looking awesome
"Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men." Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Cav Dog
E5

Post by Cav Dog »

Chris, you're getting there.

The MERDC winter verdant "formula" for all vehicles was 45% green, 45% field drab, 5% sand and 5% black.

https://www.team-yankee.com/Portals/0/a ... s-IPM1.pdf

I don't have much use for TY, and M1s were not operationally deployed in this color scheme, but this is a good template if they had been, at least according to them.
Tactics are the opinion of the senior officer present.

Mike ENG

Post by Mike ENG »

If you are looking for the manual that dictated how MERDC was to be done it is TB 43-0147 TECHNICAL BULLETIN COLOR, MARKING AND CAMOUFLAGE PATTERNS USED ON MILITARY EQUIPMENT MANAGED BY USATROSCOM December 1975. It has some templates on how some vehicles should look like the M577, M548, AVLB, M60, and others. If someone wants the PDF version you can PM me with an e-mail address and I will send it to you. I can't remember where I downloaded it from. Just thought it might be helpful for folks looking to replicate MERDC.
MIke

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

Improved, expanded fire department.

CV90 Engineer vehicle.

VAB 4x4 AOP

VAB 4x4 w/20mm Gun

Chris

BurtWolf
E5

Post by BurtWolf »

As usual Chris, very impressive work!!!

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

Great work Chris! Those fire engines will come in handy for when my guns start brush fires in the impact area!

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

I was going to post tis to the ACR thread, but for some reason that particular thread is giving my an error message wen I try to add to it.

I’m doing some work on the 9th ACR. When I put it all together at first, I was pulling existing vehicles together and grouping them into troops, but a lot of them has really sucky paint jobs. Sometimes I also had different versions of Abrams and Bradleys. Now I’m working to repaint a lot of it and I’m shifting the pieces around. I will be acquiring M2A2 Brads for the regiment and phasing the M2s out to the mech battalions of my DD-214 project as I get new equipment in under the new acquisition program. I’m also adding a lot of the support vehicles that I was lacking before like the PLS trucks – thanks to Brigade Commander and Hoth for the motivation to go all out!

As usual, I’m already planning too far ahead. After this ACR and the DD-214 projects are complete I’m going to build another ACR in desert paint, but with M2A3s for the Bradleys and M1A2s for the tanks.

So the first unit to get a new paint job is 1st Howitzer Battery. I was pretty happy with the paint jobs and then I hit them with dullcoat, but now they look a little shiny. Is this because I painted them with Tamiya paint and the dullcoat is Testors?

I also pulled the fire support assets back to the battery. The ACR howitzer battery really is a big unit – 20 tracks, 22 wheels, and 153 dudes under my MTO&E.

The battery:

Battery HQ and survey section:

1st Platoon:

2nd Platoon:

Support Platoon (Ammo and Maintenance Sections):

Fire Support:

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

Mike, thank you, glad you like my stuff.

Your ACR looks great. Nice look, nice organization and set up. I do like the colors.
Chris

BurtWolf
E5

Post by BurtWolf »

Nice work Red I like the organization - and the minis look awesome.

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

Thanks fellas! I'm going to get a different brand of dullcoat and blast them again to see if I can kill that shine.

I hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday afternoon. It's too nice to be inside today in Southern California! It's about 80 degrees outside. I got some brand new virginal micro armor to open and a brew from one of my favorite rock bands. Can today get any better?

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

redleg wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 5:44 am
Thanks fellas! I'm going to get a different brand of dullcoat and blast them again to see if I can kill that shine.

I hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday afternoon. It's too nice to be inside today in Southern California! It's about 80 degrees outside. I got some brand new virginal micro armor to open and a brew from one of my favorite rock bands. Can today get any better?

That’s been a huge “problem” for me since April, the weather has been amazing in Va Beach, so I’ve been outside working on my other hobbies like gardening, before the humidity gets insane in a few months….or hurricanes.

PolishGI
E5

Post by PolishGI »

Bummer Chris, I cant see the images attached to those links. Might be this work laptop.

Hi redleg, nice setup! Interesting colors for sure. I like them.

That can be frustrating with trying to eliminate a shine…

No, that cant be any better. I wish it was 80deg by me! I think we are dancing with 100deg here in the Valley of the Sun! Brand new micro armor, SoCal and new brews are the best!

Cheers.
Image Charlie don't surf!
"Don't do things by half."
GHQ BUILD THREAD