Show us yer stuff!

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

chrisswim
E5

Re: Show us yer stuff!

Post by chrisswim »

GI, that happens to me if I look at pics during lunch at work.
Chris

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

Strykers

Just put up on eBay.
Chris

Mike ENG

Post by Mike ENG »

Chris I don't know where you find the time. You are a micro armor painting machine. Enjoy seeing all the pics keep them coming.

Unfortunately I find it hard to find the time or space to work on projects. I have stuff on the list from a decade ago that I am just now working and plenty more in the wings when time and space permit. Below are some ideas I had for desk top displays using a commercial plastic display box. As of now there are three ideas in all one for an obstacle belt in various stages of breach (WIP), two a switch back road that allows models to be displayed in a stair step format (WIP), and the third vehicle fighting positions HDP (Hull Defilade Position) TDP (Turret Defilade Position) and a TDP with an escape route (still on the drawing board).

MIke

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

Mike ENG,
I painted those Strykers years and years ago. I have note done anything with them in years.
I now have a basement, “the bunker” and a “war room”, and rest room.
Your terrain is impressive. Really neat. Well thought out, I like the planning sheets.
Chris

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

Just finished the SS-21

M2 Bradleys repainted in MERDC-M (modified)
If you look there is a Bradley with different base color, grayish look vs. dark green base.
Rust-oleum Camouflage- Deep Forest Green. Most of the Bradleys base color is Model Masters Dark Green.

Chris

Brigade Commander
E5

Post by Brigade Commander »

I am so missing Model Masters Dark Green Acrylic paint. Everything, until the Evil Empire Rustoleum killed them off, was painted in it.
"It is a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the road and, if you do not keep your feet, there is no telling where you might be swept off to."

Bilbo Baggins to Frodo Baggins.

Mike ENG

Post by Mike ENG »

Finally got around to finishing up some models that have been in the Q for a while.

The first set are the PACVs which I finally finished the decals on. In addition to those I have modeled some AVCs in CAD and had the printed. The big differences being the two ring mounts rather than the one twin .50 cals and on at least two of the hulls there is an automatic grenade launcher ball turret on the front left deck. I haven't had a chance to paint those yet I just got them in the mail from the 3D printing company.

The next set of photo show the M4 C2 cabs on the M270 MLRS chassis. Again I modeled them in CAD and had them printed.

Next are are the HEMMT wrecker back ends I modeled in CAD and had printed. This was before I notices GHQ was coming out with their own. I just finished painting them so I figured I would post them.

Next are the MLRS pods I modeled in CAD and had printed. I have had them for a while just got them painted

And last are some SciFi models I built in CAD and had printed. I am still working the painting on some. One reason I am posting them is to see if anyone has a recommendation for a forum to post them on as I know SciFi really isn't what the GHQ forum is for. Any recommendations are welcome.

Hope y'all enjoy.
MIke

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

Mike! Those are beautiful!
Redleg's Website: micropope.webstarts.com

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

Nicely done Mike. I post my 28mm here from time to time, something different to look at occasionally is cool.

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

At the Tankers’ Ball, display area.
Equipment used by the Commonwealth of Chrisdom, its military forces and some of its members.
This is the display area for equipment. Avatar Beer truck to arrive in the late morning.

The CoC Army is looking forward to participating in this event.
From CoC, Company B, 1BDE, 1 Armored Div, Send LeClerc MBT, in 3-Tone NATO.
Monacodom is sending Co. A, 2 BDE, 3rd ID, M1A2 TUSK, 3-Tone NATO.
Moroccodom is sending Co of M1A1 HA, in Chris Camo.
Estonia-Dom is sending a Co. in M1A1, in MERDC.
Balzac Republic, Co. C, 7 Guards BDE, Leopard 2A7 in Sweden Camo.
Camastan Republic, Challenger 1, 3-Tone NATO.
Romaniadom, Co A, T-72 TUSK, Dark Green

CoC 1st Armored Div.

Monacodom, 3rd I.D.

Moroccodom
Camastan in the background.

Balzac in the background.

Estoniadom
Balzac in the background.

Balzac Republic, 7th Guards BDE

Camastan Republic, 3-tone NATO

Romaniadom
The 3rd and 4th AIFV are BMP-23 and BMP-30

Drone Birdseye view of the CoC armored display area for all spectators to enjoy. Avatar Beer truck to drive in the area in the late morning.

Chris

panzergator
E5

Post by panzergator »

Chris, nice stuff but your organization is what, horde or motley crew (NOT Motley Crue, the rock group. Put some UNITS together!

Mike ENG, that's nice work. Have you thought about posting your printer files on Yeggi. At first, that's where I thought you got your PACV.
Last edited by panzergator on Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All blessings flow from a good mission statement.
Pogo was right. So was Ike.
"A Gentleman is a man who is only rude intentionally." (Churchill)
Give credit. Take responsibility.

PolishGI
E5

Post by PolishGI »

Wow Mike ENG, the PACVs look great!

Haha Chris, I still cant see the pics. I need to figure this out.
Image Charlie don't surf!
"Don't do things by half."
GHQ BUILD THREAD

BurtWolf
E5

Post by BurtWolf »

Chris - don’t stop! There are millions more minis out there to be painted!

Mike ENG - That is some really cool stuff and I’m intrigued by all the printing. Was it hard to develop your own CAD drawings? Do you have a background in that? I think the items you printed came out really well and the details are crisp.

What’s next up in the to be printed list?
Thanks for sharing - great stuff!

Mike ENG

Post by Mike ENG »

Chris it is always great to see you armor in formation. You have also done some neat customizations. Thanks for sharing all your cool armor.

Burtwolf to answer your questions it takes a minute to collect source material like front, side, and top photos if I am modeling the Warthog. In general CAD takes time but if you do it right on the front end you can save time by copying parts of tweaking an existing model. As for back ground my undergraduate degree is in Architecture and we had to take two years of classes in CAD 20 years ago. That said I haven't used that skill much in my current line of work. I mainly do it for hobby related stuff. I tend to work on CAD when I don't have the time or space to set up the work bench to build or paint the real thing. Kids with tiny hands and no dedicated man cave work space don't work well together. The kids are fun and building kits with them is a blast and what I do most of the time. These models are too small for them yet so I do it mostly when they are asleep. Some of those models have been in various stages of work for 3 years and others like the ACVs only took 60 days to get to this point while working other projects. Too many ideas in my head and not enough time or space to work them all. As for what next print wise I've got several things in various stages of CAD work like patriot missile reloads for cargo, the C21 Dragon gunship from Avatar, the Bat urban helicopter from the Batman movies, and other stuff that isn't made in this scale but that I think is cool. Nothing is near completion just WIPs. All the stuff I have done is posted on the 3d printing site that begins with an S for anyone who wants one of their own. The only thing that GHQ makes that I made a model of was a HEMMT wrecker which was my mistake for not checking the new release list first. Not wasted time though because I can use components from it for other models I am working.

Panzergator thanks for the compliment. I haven't heard of Yeggi I will have to look into it. My stuff is posted to the 3D printing site referenced above.

PolishGI thanks for the feedback. They came out decent but the decals still weren't perfect. That said I am very pleased with them especially since I can take them off the to do list after a decade. I had them painted up for a while but making my own decals has been an on again off again time consuming process. I finally bought a laser HP printer that I can swap the black tonner out with a white tonner for a company called Ghost Tonner. It allow me to print a white silhouette then swap the black tonner back in to print over the top. The issue has been things don't always line up when they go through the printer the second time. Which at a larger scale is manageable at .5mm difference however at this scale can make a big difference.

Thanks for all the feedback and post of your work. As I have said before seeing others work really helps to get the creative juices flowing.
MIke

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

PanzerGator armor
M-803, formerly the XM-803

Chris