Show us yer stuff!

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

redleg
E5

Re: Show us yer stuff!

Post by redleg »

Nice work Ben! Great paint job!

BTW - are you posting your work on Facebook as well? Wondering if it's the same Ben.
Redleg's Website: micropope.webstarts.com

BenfromBrooklyn
E5

Post by BenfromBrooklyn »

It's me there too.

I think I am finally getting the right colors for Korean vehicles.

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

I think you got the colors spot on! I can smell ajumma's cooking when I look at them!

Splod
E5

Post by Splod »

That's lovely Ben! I think the base green is a much better fit than your earlier attempts. The painting quality is still great too :mrgreen:
Little Metal Men: A story of a distracted wargamer

“A learning experience is one of those things that says, 'You know that thing you just did? Don't do that.”
- Douglas Adams

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

Ben, the K-21 looks sweet.
What ImagiNation, if you are using it as that?
Chris

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

I finished my AMX-30B2s. They were fun, though I know very little about them. I feel like I'm getting better with washes and dry brushing, but I still need a lot of practice. Nothing in this batch of website specials that really interests me - looking forward to the next batch!

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

Redleg,
Looking good, my man. (You aren’t my man, just a phrase).
AMX-30B2 has a 20mm coax m.g. as the LeClerc has a .50 cal HMG coax.

Namers and Pumas. Colors seem yucky… they are olive drab.

Chris

regia-marina
E5

Post by regia-marina »

Nice job on the armor redleg and chrisswim! What color are you guys using on the treads? I'm working on a similar project and bounce between using Vallejo dark rubber and their rust color. I'm thinking about painting the base with the dark rubber color and dry brushing with rust. Curious to know how you are painting them.

BenfromBrooklyn
E5

Post by BenfromBrooklyn »

chrisswim wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:36 am
For games, I create notional nations as necessary in the tradition of the US Army (Kraznovia, Pineland, etc). My favorites have been San Tabasco and Extremistan.

Although we made this popular, "notional nations" caught on, other nations now use them. Belarus has taken it to a bizarre extreme. During the 2017 Zapad exercises with Russia, the nation of Veyshnoria was created. Belarusians, possibly because the nation has few if any sources of fun, went nuts and created web sites, currency, songs, etc for "Veyshnoria".

They gave it food, a flag, a national anthem...

They invented a Prussian origin for the name which means "hospitable ones" or something like that, however, in Yiddish, which was once widely spoken in the land that is now Veyshnoria, it might mean "Land of the Woeful Beggars". According to the area of Veyshnoria shown on the exercise maps, I may in fact be of partial Veyshnorian ancestry.

Splod
E5

Post by Splod »

BenfromBrooklyn wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:28 am
chrisswim wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:36 am
Although we made this popular, "notional nations" caught on, other nations now use them.

*snip*
That's fantastic! :lol:

I've always enjoyed the Australian OpFor, being the 'Musorians', which have served as a generic Soviet style force which can be armed with anything form 1950's to 21st century equipment. It's recently been replaced with a new series of fictional nations, but I still use the old 'Land Warfare' pams for my Imagi-Nation gaming in Australia.
Little Metal Men: A story of a distracted wargamer

“A learning experience is one of those things that says, 'You know that thing you just did? Don't do that.”
- Douglas Adams

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Nice work on the AMX-30s Redleg! What color did you use for the base color?

That is certainly an interesting color on your vehicles, Chris! They look good. I know from experience that adding a bit of white to Humbrol #155 Olive Drab can give quite a range of shades depending on how much white is added.

Pete

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

Thanks Fellas! All of my paint at the moment is Tamiya brand. For the base coat I used NATO Green out of a spray can, and then I dry brushed NATO green from the bottle, which is significantly lighter than the spray color. The wash was just plain old black. The tracks are NATO Black.

I did a base coat, then dry brush, then washed, and then I did another dry brush because it didn't look right. I'm still not sure if I should dry brush or wash first, so I will just keep experimenting.

I do remember the Krasnovia days in the US Army, but then everything turned into Redland, Orangeland, Greenland, etc. Pretty boring if you ask me.

BurtWolf
E5

Post by BurtWolf »

Nice work Red! Your detail work definitely is worth it, I like how those minis came out!!

Extra Crispy
E5

My T64s

Post by Extra Crispy »

I've been showing these on Facebook but have not been here in an age. Anyway, I'm currently painting up a Soviet tank brigade. I have the first battalion of tanks complete, as well as a few support units, such as the BM-21 battalion and a company of Motor Rifles (well, almost done I still need a bunch of trucks). This is pretty much just a modeling project, not a gaming one. I hoe to do the entire unit at 1:1.

The "back story" is the war has dragged on. This is a newly raised unit headed to a secondary front where they will be on defense, hence the use of camo. (Really, I just like painting the camo and needed a story to rationalize it).

Loads more pics of the project here:

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmL8BUcy
Mark Severin
Owner, Scale Creep Miniatures
Author DeepFriedHappyMice.com

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

Extra Crisy is attacking, it is the EE Army.
Great work, great set up.
Glad I am not the front line defending against that.
Chris