Show us yer stuff!

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

8ball
E5

Show us yer stuff!

Post by 8ball »

Well, this isn't exactly my stuff. It's binpicker's stuff. He's outta town. I thought it would be neat if we had a thread where we could put our best stuff and maybe even describe the techniques we used.

Anyhow, Check out these PzKwIVs of binpicker's:

...and these T-34/85s. Check out the barrels. Yup. :? Yup. He drilled out the ends.

I gotta get him to take a pic of his 88.

Maybe I'll post a pic or two of my stuff later.

paul
E5

Numbers

Post by paul »

8ball are the numbers hand drawn or decals? I like the look of them.

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

How much would he charge to paint vehicles? I might only want him to paint my unpainted stuff, I have too much painted vehicles now.

Thunder
E5

Post by Thunder »

I think the Russian #s are the GHQ decals. What does the line under the number represent?

ferret701
E5

Post by ferret701 »

[quote="Thunder"]I think the Russian #s are the GHQ decals. What does the line under the number represent?[/quote]

I happen to have the GHQ decals in front of me... just bought them for conversion on Sunday.

According to the enclosed sheet, the line underneath the number represents the 61st Guards Tank Brigade (1 block in the middle), 62nd Guards (2 blocks), or 63rd Guard (3 blocks)

Pat Callahan

GMills
E5

Post by GMills »

[img]C:\Documents and Settings\millsg\Desktop\My Pictures\OPFOR Modern.jpg[/img]here is a collection of my Modern OPFOR. Roughly 1/4 of my total collection.

8ball
E5

Post by 8ball »

Hey CAMA...that's a beauty -- I love the finish. Is that the one GHQ uses on their website? If not, it should be.

To all --
I'm pretty sure binpicker used decals on those tanks. He'll log on when he gets a chance, and I'm sure he'll provide some background.

tstockton
E5

Post by tstockton »

!WOW! You guys are GOOD!!!

Thanks for posting your pictures -- it gives me something to shoot for!

I'm currently working... slowly... on a pack of JS-II's. They're not quite where I'd hoped they'd be; I don't think I got my blackwash dark enough, nor my drybrushing light enough. Part of the "proof of the pudding" will be when I take some pictures and examine them -- one of the best modeling tricks I've ever come across is to take a picture of your model, then examine the picture. It's absolutely amazing the things the eye doesn't notice "live", but pop right out in a picture! And now that I have a digital camera, I don't have to (a) wait for processing, and (b) don't have the expense of film, developing, etc.

I'll post them for critique when they're ready... don't wait up for them, though!!

Again -- thanks for the posts!!!!!

Regards,
Tom Stockton
"Well, I've been to one World's Fair, a picnic, and a rodeo, and that's the stupidest thing I ever heard come over a set of earphones. You sure you got today's codes?"

-- Major T. J. "King" Kong in "Dr. Strangelove"

jb
E5

Post by jb »

8Ball, (Binpicker),and Cama- really good stuff! JOLLY GOOD SHOW -SA!
As soon as I feel creative,I'll see what I can do...
John

kampfgruppe
E5

Post by kampfgruppe »

HI...it's my stuff
Image[/img]

kampfgruppe
E5

Post by kampfgruppe »

And Pz Pat stuff
Image[/img]

HMSDiomede
E5

Post by HMSDiomede »

ferret701 wrote:I happen to have the GHQ decals in front of me... just bought them for conversion on Sunday.

According to the enclosed sheet, the line underneath the number represents the 61st Guards Tank Brigade (1 block in the middle), 62nd Guards (2 blocks), or 63rd Guard (3 blocks)

Pat Callahan
Hmmm.... Sounds like we're talking about the 10th Guards Tank Corps. Oddly enough, that just happens to be the Soviet unit I built years ago, and am currently updating. Much as I dislike trying to put decals on my micro, I may have to buy some. At least to use as a painting guide.

The more I look at all the stuff you guys have posted, the less sure I am that I want to post my stuff when I do get a camera! You're all just way too good at this!!

David

8ball
E5

Post by 8ball »

jb wrote:8Ball, (Binpicker),and Cama- really good stuff! JOLLY GOOD SHOW -SA!
As soon as I feel creative,I'll see what I can do...
:P Yeah! The gauntlet is tossed.

Those are binpicker's tanks. I'm not that good. I'm thinking I might do some photography tonight.

Hey Kampfgruppe! Nice Stuff. I like your buildings too. Are they paper? Where'd ya gettem?

David F
E5

cross thread post.

Post by David F »

I posted some photos in the Infantry thread of some of my project. I did not want to post them again and hog the sites bandwidth so please have a look and tell me what you think! You will notice in a rapid fashion that it is of WWI. You might have guessed that I have a fondness for the era if you ever read my signiature block. :D
David