Show us yer stuff!

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

8ball
E5

Post by 8ball »

I looked at them Dave. Very nice stuff. It's the first time I've seen pics of WWI.

baineblade

Post by baineblade »

I know these are nowhere near as good as the many others out there but I am happy with them.
HOLY HELL! NED IT'S COMING RIGHT FOR US!!!

HMSDiomede
E5

Post by HMSDiomede »

Finally, have digital camera, will shoot! Here is part of the Soviet 18th Tank Regiment (1:platoon scale) with Lend-Lease M4A2 Shermans and Valentine Mk.IX on the move.

The camera is a 5-year old HP215 and I am still learning how to make it work, but here goes.

David

HMSDiomede
E5

Post by HMSDiomede »

Hey, I figured out what that "macro AF" button does!

I know it's still not nearly as good as most of what other folks have posted, but I'm still figuring out what this thing does.....

David

pushbike
E5

Post by pushbike »

Sherman with Crop gulley Terrain Maker hex.

raffraff

Post by raffraff »

Hello, What do U think about this?

tstockton
E5

Post by tstockton »

Gentlemen -- and I won't list names for fear of clumsily omitting someone --

What I am seeing is really, really neat for a multitude of reasons:

(1) I'm seeing some VERY well done models! And in seeing those, I continue to not only be both impressed and visually pleased, I think to myself "How can I duplicate this?" So I read the notes here and elsewhere... I practice... I critique my work... and I become a better modeler myself.

(2) I am also seeing some very good terrain -- ditto on note above. It kind of hit me this morning... I think that some of the terrain I've seen (both Terrain Maker and "tiles" in various sizes), in it's own way and a much smaller scale, rivals some of the dioramas I've seen in various modeling magazines or live a shows, etc. And to think we have the ability at hand to do an entire battlefield in diorama-quality scenery, and populate it with diorama-qualtity models... didn't someone mention the "WOW!" factor?

(3) I'm seeing more and more of us share our work with each other. I'm a relative "newbie" here, so the fact that I'm seeing works from "all over the place", presented for our combined "viewing pleasure" -- it's kind of like sitting down with a modeling magazine devoted to our specific genre -- micro armor! (There's that "WOW!" factor again!)

Hopefully, this trend will continue... I plan to post more of my own pictures, as my skills improve -- and I get more micro armor and terrain finished and photographed.

Thanks to all for sharing your efforts -- keep up the good work!

Regards,
Tom Stockton

p.s. -- I also enjoy the information I've received via this message board, such as painting and modeling tips, discussions on gaming with Micro Armor, looks at their "real world" counterparts, etc., etc., etc..
"Well, I've been to one World's Fair, a picnic, and a rodeo, and that's the stupidest thing I ever heard come over a set of earphones. You sure you got today's codes?"

-- Major T. J. "King" Kong in "Dr. Strangelove"

David F
E5

Nice jobs all around!

Post by David F »

I am seeing some really nice work on all efforts! :D I like this thread. It lets us all share our hard work especially when we only have a local buddy or two previuosly. Keep posting guys! :D

David

Hetzen
E5

Post by Hetzen »

I've been lurking here for a while, and have got to say that the stuff people are up to is top notch.

@pushbike

What product do you use for that ground cover. I love the fact it has a real un-kept high summer grass look about it.

Also, have you contoured all of your hexes? What tips could you give me.

Cheers

Mage Knight Kevin

Test Image

Post by Mage Knight Kevin »

Kevin

Mage Knight Kevin

WWII Micro Armor Images

tstockton
E5

Post by tstockton »

Hetzen,

I am still dabbling around with "sub-level" terrain. I'm in the midst of an experiment -- taking notes and pictures as I go. If it's successful, I'll post my notes and pictures on my website. So far, it's going pretty well. I'm down to the "proof of the pudding" stage -- if and when I can find the time to carry it out! (Now, if I could just win the lottery, so I wouldn't have to do this "work" thing... I'd have more time available! :lol: )

As for raised terrain -- GHQ's Terrain Maker system notes while making stream / river hexes, to save the pieces you cut out to make your river... turn them over... and glue them to a standard hex, thus making a ridge hex. These acutally work very well, but I've gone "a step further". I will take one of the cut-out "ridge" pieces and "round off" the end -- thus making an "end" to a ridge. And if you take a piece and round both ends -- you've made a small hill.

I'm not sure how well this hex photographed (to more fully "see" the rise, I should have photographed a "bug's eye" view) -- but this is a small hill hex, made by taking the "waste" piece from the top level of a river hex (1/4"), flipping it over, rounded off both ends so the piece would fit on a single hex, added some water putty to smooth the rise into the base hex, then painted and landscaped as per any other hex. I decided to make this a "mini-forest". Almost all of the scenic materials on this hex are from the GHQ line; TMA3 Grass for the base, a mix of TMA5 Medium Green, TMA6 Pale Green and TMA7 Dark Green Vegetation for the "small bushes" (the "big bushes" are Woodland Scenic's Foam Clusters), and trees made using GHQ's methods with TMA1 Dark Green trees (the deciduous trees are flocked with the Medium Green).

I am slowly expanding my Terrain Maker page --

http://www.tomstockton.us/tanks/1-285/g ... _maker.htm

and when I update the page, I'll post a note here on the message board.

Hope this helps!!

Regards,
Tom Stockton
"Well, I've been to one World's Fair, a picnic, and a rodeo, and that's the stupidest thing I ever heard come over a set of earphones. You sure you got today's codes?"

-- Major T. J. "King" Kong in "Dr. Strangelove"

Mage Knight Kevin

Re: WWII Micro Armor Images

cama wrote:You know, I am in Red Deer, and you being in Edmonton, do you know Bob B.? Grant
Grant,

Ya, I'm a member of Bob's Tuesday night group. We were looking for you at MayDay! MayDay!, but we didn't see you there. I'd love to play some micro armor the next time you're up this way. Anyway, thanks for the kind words. You know, I still can't get the images on your micro armor site to show up. :?

Why don't you post a couple more pictures of your stuff here? You've got some really cool items in your collection...and for those of us who can't see everything on your site, we could benefit from another look.

Best,
Kevin.

Mk 1
E5

Post by Mk 1 »

We gotta keep this thread going forever. Major league eye-candy going on here! :D

Truly inspirational. Excellent work -- kudos to all!

And ... um ... dare I say it?

Please sir, may I have some MORE?
-Mark 1
Difficile est, saturam non scribere.
"It is hard NOT to write satire." - Decimus Iunius Juvenalis, 1st Century AD