Show us yer stuff!

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

chrisswim
E5

Re: Show us yer stuff!

Post by chrisswim »

Red leg,
The LAVs look good. Really like the Amtrak’s. I do see a shine a little. Mostly looks like a flat paint on the LVTP-7s.
What Color and brand did you use?
Nice presentation.

Chris

Hoth_902
E5

Post by Hoth_902 »

Redleg, your AAVs look awesome. You are killing me though. I now need to build a set in NATO Tricolor... Even pulled out all my LAVs and AAVs to look at all of them again.. Been a while. Might have to take pictures and post them..

Chris, great looking Patriot Battery.. Are those Game Craft miniatures? If So, I really need to get some Tank Carriers and at least one patriot battery.
Quantity has a Quality all its own.

http://warriorbear.weebly.com/

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

Hoth,
Thank you. Yes to the 3-launchers, the radar is from someone else. I think I have 1-2 extra.

Finished painting these this week.
The Beat up bridge on the M60 AVLB is where I should have quit trying to separate the bridge from the launching apparatus 20 minutes earlier. Don’t you agree.

There are 2 M-1 AVLB with bridges, 4 without bridges, an M901 and a URAL-375.

I have been working on some old Cobras, painted for the Commonwealth. Need to finish these.

Then here are FUG-1 from the Czech Republic.

Chris

Hoth_902
E5

Post by Hoth_902 »

Sadly,

It does not look like he makes them any more.. Or the tank transporter. I just took a look. He also at one point made an M4 conversion piece that you could attach to a MLRS chassis to make the command unit. I might reach out and see if he at least would make a few of those.
Quantity has a Quality all its own.

http://warriorbear.weebly.com/

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

Hoth, email sent.

Finished the AH-1 with the windows, since bought used there wasn’t rotors or discs.

Chris

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

Nice looking Cobras Chris!
Redleg's Website: micropope.webstarts.com

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

Thank you Redleg.
I heard on the I-news the ROD home island was attacked. Hope casualties are minimal and damage is light..

Hummv with trailers. Seems weird to me, but it is done.

Chris

Gazza
E5

Post by Gazza »

My next 'major' project is to get back to doing my '67-'73 Jordanians. It's been a bit stop and start over the years. So much so that both the M47s and Centurions have old sculpts (from Skytrex and Scotia respectively) and new sculpts from Heroics and Ros. Here's a couple of comparison shots.

Centurions (Scotia above, H&R below)

M-47s (Skytrex left, H&R right)

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Nice work, Gazza! I do like the H&R stuff better. The details stand out more and the proportions look better on the newer H&R models. Of course I prefer GHQ and have a fair number of their models for the Arab-Israeli Wars. I have a painted Egyptian tank brigade of T-54s and T-55s at a scale of 1 stand = a platoon. I have a battalion of M-48s for 1967 for the Israelis and a battalion of Magach 3s for 1973. I still need to paint a lot of other stuff for my forces.

It is nice to know that I am not the only one doing this.

What are you using for infantry for this period, Gazza? I am using some GHQ 1990 era Modern Russians and Cold War Heavy Weapons for my Egyptians which while maybe not exactly perfect are reasonable looking at 6mm scale. I have not yet figured out what to use for the Israelis yet.

I have some of my Arab-Israeli stuff posted on Pete's Place here on the Forum.

Gazza
E5

Post by Gazza »

pmskaar wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:38 am
Nice work, Gazza! I do like the H&R stuff better. The details stand out more and the proportions look better on the newer H&R models. Of course I prefer GHQ and have a fair number of their models for the Arab-Israeli Wars. I have a painted Egyptian tank brigade of T-54s and T-55s at a scale of 1 stand = a platoon. I have a battalion of M-48s for 1967 for the Israelis and a battalion of Magach 3s for 1973. I still need to paint a lot of other stuff for my forces.
Fortunately, I only have to get the Jordanians (along with a couple of other chaps who chipped in some cash). Another club member has the Israelies whilst another is getting the Egyptians.

I've already bought a battalion each of M47s, M48s, and Centurions along with some Saladin and Ferret armoured cars and a battalion's worth of M113s etc for an armoured infantry battalion.
It is nice to know that I am not the only one doing this.
Well it's a way to get a lot of Cold War equipment on the table legitimately. :D
What are you using for infantry for this period, Gazza?
Given that at the start of the period they were still mostly (AFAIK) using British and US gear I am planning on using WW2 British Infantry (probably the newish H&R NW Europe range). Images like this help justify that :wink: Image
Although by '67 their frontline Infantry were using M1 Garands leaving the Lee Enfields for second line troops.
I have some of my Arab-Israeli stuff posted on Pete's Place here on the Forum.
I need to take another look at your stuff there - it's been awhile since I last looked. :oops:

<edit> why is it that you only notice the typos after pressing 'Submit' and not 'Preview'?

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Hi Gazza! I guess you could use WWII British for Jordanians at this scale and they would look reasonable. I would love to see GHQ produce some more infantry for the Arab-Israeli Wars and Cold War period including Egyptian/Syrian, Jordanian, Israeli, British - 1980s, French - 1980s, West Germans - 1980s, Americans - 1970s early 1980s with steel pots, and maybe the more traditional Soviet Motor Rifle Troops with high boots and a bit less LBE for riding in the back of BMPs and BTRs.

In the meantime, I am proxying Third World Regulars for my West Germans and Cold War/Modern Russians for my Egyptians which are not bad in that role in my opinion.

Gazza
E5

Post by Gazza »

pmskaar wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:18 am
Hi Gazza! I guess you could use WWII British for Jordanians at this scale and they would look reasonable.
That's my thinking, although I'll probably have to use a few US figures too (for the 50 cals and 'Super Bazooka'.
I would love to see GHQ produce some more infantry for the Arab-Israeli Wars and Cold War period including Egyptian/Syrian, Jordanian, Israeli, British - 1980s, French - 1980s, West Germans - 1980s, Americans - 1970s early 1980s with steel pots, and maybe the more traditional Soviet Motor Rifle Troops with high boots and a bit less LBE for riding in the back of BMPs and BTRs.
I'd certainly like to see someone do figures for the Arab-Israeli Wars. Until GHQ do the other Cold War figures you're after the Cold War figures H&R have released over the last few years might do. I know that they do the Brits, French, West Germans as well some US and Soviet Motor Rifle (and paras). There's also a few 'smaller' nations like the Swedes and Danes.
In the meantime, I am proxying Third World Regulars for my West Germans and Cold War/Modern Russians for my Egyptians which are not bad in that role in my opinion.
I've certainly used proxies over the years - such as using H&R's old irregular forces as late WW2 Germans (AK47s as MP44s, RPG-7s as Pzfst 250s etc).

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

Amtracs waiting for marines.

Assault landing equipment
Chris

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

Thanks for sharing those pics Gazza! It's nice to see the products from other manufacturers posted side my side. For guys like me that don't have a big non-GHQ collection, it's good to see wat else is out there. Nice work I'm looking forward to seeing oe of yur work from the Arab Israeli wars!

Looking good Chris! Your collection is always impressive!
Redleg's Website: micropope.webstarts.com

Gazza
E5

Post by Gazza »

redleg wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:29 pm
Thanks for sharing those pics Gazza! It's nice to see the products from other manufacturers posted side my side. For guys like me that don't have a big non-GHQ collection, it's good to see wat else is out there.
No problem glad to share. I guess, unlike most here 95%+ of my armies are Non-GHQ.
Nice work I'm looking forward to seeing oe of yur work from the Arab Israeli wars!
Yeah, I really need to get cracking on that stuff.

In the meantime, I received some more Fallschirmjäger stuff today. Here's a few quick photos.

Landing Zone Stuff
Fallschirmjäger – Gathering parachute
Fallschirmjäger – Container
Fallschirmjäger – Opening container

Heavy Weapons
Fallschirmjäger MG.34 & crew
Fallschirmjäger 2.8cm sPzB.41
Fallschirmjäger 7.5cm LG 40 + Crew
Fallschirmjäger 10.5cm LG 40 + Crew

Late War Examples
Fallschirmjäger MG.151/20 gunner prone
Fallschirmjäger with FG.42