Top Secret Information From GHQ

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

RedLeif
E5

Post by RedLeif »

The F-35 in mIcroarmour scale doesn't excite me so much. I'd much rather see more WW2 or cold war aircraft. But everybody's different and its diversity which adds so much to the hobby so keep up the great work.

leif

pibber
E5

news

Post by pibber »

LCS Independance and F-35 : sorry, not for me : not my area of purchases :( .

I'm still waiting new packs for WWII and Cold War. There are many absent models which are cruelly missing in ground forces lines and in our wargames... :roll:
(...UK LVT-4 buffalo, ...Russian M 1937 152mm long arty gun tracted & deployed mode with new heavy prime mover, ...US Sherman M4A2, ...german new Opel Blitz without tarpaulin, ..., M3A3 Stuart..., US 5ton truck, without tarpaulin (for Vietnam period)..., .... :roll: )
I hope some of them will be in the final list... :roll:
Pibber.
(Long life to GHQ !)

exodusforever
E5

Post by exodusforever »

Oh my... this is definitely pure joy for me. With the F-35 released, I will be making quite a few purchases. And my Christmas Wish List grows by the day :p.

With GHQ stepping into fifth generation fighters, My question is will the F-22, PAK-FA 50 J-31 and J-20 follow suit?
IG: modernwargame
"The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

GHQ
Site Admin

Post by GHQ »

OK Guys, it's time for another new release leak. We know that it's impossible to have one that's the perfect fit, and will be liked by all, but this one should make a lot of people happy. The Sherman M4A2 75mm. Two separate packs with 5 models in each pack- one pack with sand shields, one pack without sand shields.

What do you think of this one? "Yes, they finally are making it!"? "That's too old for me, I wish that they would make more current models."? "Oh man, not another Sherman."?

Thanks for checking in today,
GHQ

33YearsGHQ
E5

Post by 33YearsGHQ »

EXCELLENT Choice!
Brad Anderson (enjoying GHQ since 1976)

IRISH

M4A2

Post by IRISH »

I am a 1/2400 Micronaut guy, while not into the 1/285 models I commend you on your choice to do the M4A2 I play Wold of Tanks and the M4A2 tank is one of my favorites.
For you 1/285 Battlers you now have a great tank for wargaming! NICE CHOICE GHQ!

33YearsGHQ
E5

Post by 33YearsGHQ »

That makes:
(2) World War II Armor Allied releases (both highly suggested models)
(2) Modern Armor releases (one Canadian and one Russian)
(1) WWII Aircraft (Russian)
(1) Modern Aircraft (USA)
(1) WWI Micronaut (Austria-Hungary)
(1) Modern Micronaut (USA)

That leaves approximately (40) to go. I am desperately hoping for a few WWII Micronauts. I am ready for the entire list, it usually comes out about now. As for the next few releases I would expect a German WWII piece, the first of the WWII ships and another modern armor selection.

stenna00

Post by stenna00 »

Woohoo. Just read that the new release is an M4A2 Sherman. And 2 different packs. I'll be buying them (at least 10 packs) as soon as they are available. Absolutely essential for the British in Italy (e.g. 25th Tank Brigade); excellent for North Africa/Tunisia as the Brits had a mix of M4A1s and M4A2s; nice for Russia.. Thanks very much GHQ, :D :D

ferret701
E5

Post by ferret701 »

You know, I think this is (from my perspective) the best release year yet so far (at least in a while), and still a ton to go.

RedLeif
E5

Post by RedLeif »

And just last year I acquired 25 M4a3's (with 76's) for use as Soviet tanks as at the time the a2 wasn't available. Personally this doesn't bother me in the least as I don't see a big difference between the a2 and a3 chassis (exhaust grill on back deck and the number of fuel caps also on the back deck is really all I've seen - please let me know if I've missed anything cosmetically more obvious or important)

But GHQ is releasing the a2 without and with 'sand screens' (which I'm hoping means sand bags?) with the 75mm gun and as I don't have any m4's w/75mm guns for my Soviets yet this is still awesome news! Plus as mentioned, helpful for Brit collections too.

I am still anxious to see 'the whole list' for 13/14. If I recall correctly they 'sneak released' 10 models last year so we are getting close.

Thanks GHQ.

Leif

Donald M. Scheef
E5

Post by Donald M. Scheef »

I think the M4A2 is a very good choice. M4s were built in very large numbers with many sub-types. Although it would be difficult to model every minor variation, GHQ should have an example of each of the major types. I am especially impress by GHQ's producing versions with skirts and without at the same time.

I am looking forward to at least one more Micronaut announcement (preferably a WWII-era ship) before the disclosure at the end of the month of all this year's releases.

Don S.

33YearsGHQ
E5

Post by 33YearsGHQ »

RedLeif,

In regards to your comment "But GHQ is releasing the a2 without and with 'sand screens' (which I'm hoping means sand bags?)".

I am sure when GHQ mentions "Sand Shields" they are talking about partial skirts - the British used these on many of their early arrival Shermans.

I am with you, I would love to see sandbagged versions of many the Shermans.

33YearsGHQ
E5

Post by 33YearsGHQ »

Donald M. Scheef,

I am hoping we get our "usual" twelve Micronaut releases this year. We have had one GW and one modern announced so far. I am guessing we will see at least 1 or 2 additional modern ships, 3 or 4 additional Great War, and around 4 or 5 WWII.

RedLeif
E5

Post by RedLeif »

Thanks for the clarification regarding skirts. I wasn't familiar with the term.

the stats for last year are as follows:
13 micronaut models (all periods)
30 microarmour ground models (all periods) (20 w47/coldwar/modern) (10 WW2)
7 microarmour aircraft models (all periods)

These numbers are pretty close to average over the last few years I bothered to research. So it would seem reasonable to see about 12 total micronaut models this year as well. With Jutland anniversary coming up I hope it is a little higher than average but only GHQ can tell for sure.

best regards
Leif

pibber
E5

Post by pibber »

Yepeeee ! Sherman M4A2 Image

Donald M. Scheef wrote :
I think the M4A2 is a very good choice. M4s were built in very large numbers with many sub-types. Although it would be difficult to model every minor variation, GHQ should have an example of each of the major types. I am especially impress by GHQ's producing versions with skirts and without at the same time.
Very agree with you Donald M. Scheef, you very well summed up my thoughts :P !

It's not just 'another Sherman" ! This version was sorely lacking : It's very great for WWII US Armd DIv, Marine Corps, French 2nd Armd Div 1944, British and Red Army Lend Lease !
15-20 packs for me ! :P
Very good choice GHQ ! :wink:
Pibber.
(Long life to GHQ !)