Top Secret Information From GHQ

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

Donald M. Scheef
E5

Post by Donald M. Scheef »

Drat! Another perfectly good selection that just doesn't fit into my wants. Well, there should be about nine more Micronauts in this year's releases and some of them will be battleships, cruisers, destroyers or auxiliary/merchant types.

Congratulations to the aircraft carrier fans.

I'll take Hosho off the wish list.

Don S.

ed*b
E5

Post by ed*b »

GHQ wrote:
Please keep that in mind when you post something about an item that doesn't excite you. Our intention is not to make you unhappy, or unsatisfied. The chances are 100% that we are trying to make other people happy. You can post whatever you want, and the chances are very good that we will continue to leave the post up whether it is positive, or negative, about GHQ. Some of our choices may very well be complete bombs, but remember that we have a lot of people who we are trying to keep happy, and many of them may have interests that are different from yours.

GHQ
Even though my main area of interest is WW1 navals, with a generous helping of WW2 navals on the side, I am extremely happy to see the range of military vehicles and aircraft growing each year. We have been doing naval miniatures pretty intensively for the past 20 years or so, but before that we did a lot of microarmour, and I suspect we may be getting back into that. At the recent Enfilade convention, I tried out air war games, as that's another area in which I might start gaming.

When GHQ brings out all these models in other areas, I see it as opening future opportunities for me should I decide to branch out into other gaming areas, and I am pleased that they are providing for my future needs.

IRISH

WOW

Post by IRISH »

WOW GHQ,

While I was hoping for the Taiyo or Unryu I never thought I would see the Hosho.
I am pleasantly surprised with that, I should have seen that one coming after you did the Langley. Nice choice, I am still hoping one day for the Taiyo, Unryu, Katsuragi, Long Island and the Bogue. MAN 2 great releases so far whats next??? I am sweating with anticipation, now my mind is racing on whats up next UGHHHH I have to sit through the next few releases till the next Micronaut. You Micro armor guys are lucky yours comes next!!

Keep them coming GHQ I AM STOOKED

IRISH

pibber
E5

Post by pibber »

You're right "Kiasutha", MA42 only equipped the tank battalions of the Marines Corps or was intended for export to the allied countries of the United States (british, French, Russians).
I said 'US Armored Divisions", because I think, (depending on the model GHQ will provide us : if it's the first tank serie...), there's a possibility, maybe, to have a figure very close to many "classical" M4s used by the U.S. ARMY in Europe ... :roll:
(even if I know rear motor armored plate is very different between M4 and MAA2 :roll: )

And yes, one of the main difference between M4 and MAA2 (or name Sherman III) is M4A2 had a diesel engine. (engine more simple for maintenance and less flammable than gasoline used by US Army's M4...)
Wait and see the figure to see if it's possible... :wink:

Very happy for the "CV Hosho", I'm very interesting in WWII micronaut too (but only Pacific aera), so, to me, this new release is welcome. :wink:
Pibber.
(Long life to GHQ !)

RedLeif
E5

Post by RedLeif »

One of the things I like most about the new release list is some of your choices mean I get to look up that vehicle/ship and learn something new. Case in point - the IJN's Hosho. I'd never heard of it till yesterday and now I know more about it.

Thanks for the history lesson GHQ!
leif

pvt64
E5

Hosho

Post by pvt64 »

DING! Love the Hosho!!

Noble713

Post by Noble713 »

I'm definitely buying a section of 2x F-35's for my USMC force. Just need some J-10's or J-11's for the Chinese!

There's a decent chance I'll buy LAV-III's to form the motorized infantry component of one of my fictional ultra-modern armies as well.

WWIICentral
E5

Post by WWIICentral »

IJN Hosho - Excellent choice, very glad to see :D

Thanks GHQ!

Tanner

exodusforever
E5

Post by exodusforever »

After reading both pros and cons comments about the F-35, I guess we all can't deny that GHQ can't satisfy every customer (as GHQ stated earlier)

Ultimately, I do hope that they continue making good business and the wargamers and even collectors, continue to support this great business that is but one of the very few that take customers' feedback into great consideration.

On a personal note, i for one am very happy with the Modern Micronauts and Aircraft lineup. My Modern Wargaming community in Singapore will most definitely put the F-35 and LCS Independence to good use.

Besides that, I don't see what is wrong with wargamers like me collecting this miniatures aside from playing war games with them. While I am a vivid modern military collector and wargamer, I too can't deny that most mainstay wargames revolve around the WWII era compared to Modern.

As such, I am actually happy to see GHQ distributes each era accordingly.. so as to ensure profits and sustainability of their company.

Can't wait to hear the next release, WWII or Modern! It is just exciting to see what is in store. :wink:
IG: modernwargame
"The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

kampfgruppe
E5

Post by kampfgruppe »

Besides that, I don't see what is wrong with wargamers like me collecting this miniatures
I could try to explain my feeling about that. Of course i have some minis that i never used in game, so it's a kind of collecting too, furthermore, GHQ fanatics are free, to collecting, wargaming and both of them.

But there is something very frustrating about the GHQ news list :
There is some missing items very important for wargamers. One example : german and french modern infantry.

Since many years maybe 10 years, we purchase the french cold war and modern vehicles. Up to now, as wargamers we can't play with our vehicles, there is no infantry, the gameboard is empty of infantry...and it's the same things for german modern infantry....very frustrating...

Nevertheless, a very good point for GHQ, we have the feeling that they work for everybody and every lines, boats, planes, figures, ww2, modern, etc...there is justice in this news lists... :D

av8rmongo
E5

Post by av8rmongo »

kampfgruppe wrote: Since many years maybe 10 years, we purchase the french cold war and modern vehicles.
LOL, and you think that is a dry spell? Until last year there was a 20+ year gap between GHQ modern naval warships from any country. 10 years is a light nap.

Paul
“It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.â€￾
― George Orwell, 1984

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
- George Orwell

http://av8rmongo.wordpress.com

kampfgruppe
E5

Post by kampfgruppe »

ok, you are right.

Quartette
E5

Post by Quartette »

kampfgruppe wrote:

Since many years maybe 10 years, we purchase the french cold war and modern vehicles. Up to now, as wargamers we can't play with our vehicles, there is no infantry, the gameboard is empty of infantry...and it's the same things for german modern infantry....very frustrating...
French and German infantry would be enablers. Producing them would open up french and german forces for wargaming. I'd certainly invest in a french force if modern infantry were available.
Cave Ab Homine Unius Libri

GHQ
Site Admin

Post by GHQ »

Let's post another Top Secret Release of the Day. The next Top Secret release is the South Korean K1A1 main battle tank.

Thanks for checking in with us again!

GHQ

kiasutha
E5

Post by kiasutha »

kampfgruppe wrote:ok, you are right.
Don't feel bad, you aren't alone.
I started collecting GHQ WW2 when I was about 16 years old. (I'm almost 59 now)
Back then, we had no infantry at all, and not a single truck in the entire line. :lol:
Btw,GHQ-how about that "Polski Fiat" some of us were asking for?
The Polish line really does need at least one truck, and when the Poles run for the border my Romanians are waiting with open arms to confiscate them. :wink: