Top Secret Information From GHQ

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

kiasutha
E5

Post by kiasutha »

piersyf wrote:So far for me, the La-5 is the only interest, and that's peripheral. I am not a part of the obsession with WW2 naval between the US and Japan, and for me the response to the M4A2 was 'not another Sherman'. I'm not that fussed over the position of fuel caps. I should point out though, that my WW2 US force was built mostly 30 years ago and was sourced from a shop in Australia, so I had to select from what the shop stocked. I drew the line at using Ishermans, if that gives you a hint.

I think the issue here isn't so much the products, but the perplexing level of anticipation and excitement around the releases. It's a bit like Christmas as a kid where you see all the cool presents go to your relatives and you get socks.

Personally I like looking at the pictures... but that is over a year away for this batch before I actually get to SEE them all.
Got to agree with almost all of this.
All these releases, and my magazine is still dry!
I don't collect aircraft, and differ on the naval thing a bit- if I was still collecting micronaughts or if I start again, I'd be buying early Pacific war; ABDA and IJN, including the Hosho and last years Langley.

Got a chuckle out of your Sherman situation too. Mine's a bit different, but similar in using what I have/ could get..
I only easily recognize a few types myself and generally categorize them as short gun, long gun, and those late ones with the new suspension that really ought mostly to be fighting north koreans and chi-com... :wink:
In any case, I bought almost all my Shermans from GHQ about 43 years ago.
Back then, it was "US-1 M4 Sherman" and that was that.
It was a 75mm welded job, and I used wire to give some an ersatz "76".
I don't even know if they HAD fuel filler caps, & I'd have to soak off a lot of paint to see.
Beyond those, I bought a few Fireflies when they came out, and a pack of CinC "easy eights" when they were released.
Haven't used any of them in a very long time, but if need arose I'd dig them out again. :)

Blackheart23

Post by Blackheart23 »

Nice. Now we can stop using M1s as stand-ins.

Submariner

Hosho

Post by Submariner »

Hosho! Thank you guys. GHQ is the best, hands down. Thank you for all you do.

-Submariner
All things Japanese Naval

pibber
E5

Post by pibber »

South Korean K1A1 main battle tank : Sorry, not for me.
Pibber.
(Long life to GHQ !)

StVF101

Post by StVF101 »

Super excited about the K1A1 as I originally wanted to do a ROK force. Here's hoping to see a K21, K200 and a F/A-50. Still always hoping to see GHQ announce a PATRIOT Launching Station.

Sudwind
E5

Post by Sudwind »

South Koreans.....awesome! Now if we can get some of the unique North Korean kit.....

Shark73

Post by Shark73 »

Great choice for K1A1! A good opponent for my Red Chinese collection on a hypothetical Korean war scene.

Now the GHQ list is back to Asia!

33YearsGHQ
E5

Post by 33YearsGHQ »

GHQ, where are you? Hoping for the complete list of releases!
Brad Anderson (enjoying GHQ since 1976)

Submariner

Hushed

Post by Submariner »

All guns pointing skyward, a hushed expectation lay over all, the quite gathering of the coils of battle held in check by little more than a trembling finger....
All things Japanese Naval

GHQ
Site Admin

Post by GHQ »

Let's leak another model from our upcoming new release list! Today's super top secret leak is the Stug III with sideskirts.

Thanks for looking,
GHQ

33YearsGHQ
E5

Post by 33YearsGHQ »

No more leaking, how about the complete list tomorrow (May 31). You have selected all winners so far, you need to release at least one dud so we have something to complain about! :D
Brad Anderson (enjoying GHQ since 1976)

IRISH

Stug III

Post by IRISH »

GHQ,

Nice pick the Stug III with skirts, Gotta love that one. I am so waiting the next Micronaut release.

IRISH

WWIICentral
E5

Post by WWIICentral »

Very good! A lot of people have been asking for this one and I will certainly be adding some to my inventory :)

Tanner