Top Secret Information From GHQ

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

Rutgervanm
E5

Post by Rutgervanm »

Good news about the F35. I'm assuming it's going to be the F35 A version? Not the USMC/UK B or the US Navy C versions?

ROGER_HOUSTON2EMC-ENG.COM
E5

Post by ROGER_HOUSTON2EMC-ENG.COM »

I am keeping my fingers crossed for the US 5 ton truck redo (hopefully the M-54) and the F-100 Super Sabre this year.

kampfgruppe
E5

Post by kampfgruppe »

GHQ the best damn warGAMING products

yes GAMING :

Very good news about M4A2, i will be very usefull for gaming, thank you ghq, but like you ask : i'm very disapointed about F-35, in my opinion F-35 has no interest for gaming...

i understand F-35 will be a good news for our collector friends...but, please don't become GHQ the best damn warCOLLECTING products... :)

kiasutha
E5

Post by kiasutha »

M4A2- "US Armd. Div."
Was it actually? What I've read says no use by the US army, just USMC.
Perhaps because it had a diesel engine? I'm not really up on Shermans...

So far, nothing of any interest to me, but still hoping for "things yet to come".

Last year was much the same; only 5 new items I thought I'd buy.
Scratched the 3 Finns off the list when I saw the infantry.
Very nice figs, but I didn't want the "snow suits"...
StuIG-33 is great, but not high on my need list right now.
Eventually, i'll buy it, but can't see wanting more than 1 pack.
And I'll pick up 1 pack of sWS-40 flakwagen at some point, just out of
nostalgia for the many Roco ones I had when I was a kid.

GHQ
Site Admin

Post by GHQ »

kampfgruppe wrote:i understand F-35 will be a good news for our collector friends...but, please don't become GHQ the best damn warCOLLECTING products... :)
In all seriousness, the only way that this whole thing works is if GHQ makes warSELLING products. Please believe us when we say that we don't have any agenda, hidden or otherwise, other than to produce models that sell. That's the only thing that keeps us in business. Obviously we open ourselves to criticism by having a forum that allows our customers to post pretty much anything, pro and con, about our products, the way that we do business, the models that we choose to make, the prices, the length of time that it takes to fill orders, the way that we package things...you get the idea. In all of the years that we have had this forum we have only edited, or taken down, a handful of posts, and those were because the forum users were posting vicious things about each other. The bottom line is that we have a forum that has maintained a generally cordial atmosphere for all who choose to use it.

With all of that being said, sometimes we wonder if many people think about the fact that other people, and sometimes large numbers of them, may have an interest in something that is different from yours. We have thousands of customers, and we really do appreciate all of you. Fortunately, or unfortunately, we make models that run across several areas. We know that means that it is clearly impossible to announce a single item that will make EVERYONE happy. This fact is always the most obvious around the time that we announce new releases.

When we put together a new release list, it literally takes months to complete. We get thousands of requests every year, and we consider them all. Almost every model that we release originates from customer requests because we want to make models that our customers will buy. When we put together our new release list our goal is to have every one of our customers have a few things that they are excited about. If we can accomplish that, we consider the list to be a success. We know going into this that there is absolutely zero chance of ever putting together a list that will have even one person agree that every item on the list are the ones to go with. In all honesty, we don't agree with all of the model choices that we make. Some of them get an overwhelming amount of customer support, so we make them.

Please keep that in mind when you post something about an item that doesn't excite you. Our intention is not to make you unhappy, or unsatisfied. The chances are 100% that we are trying to make other people happy. You can post whatever you want, and the chances are very good that we will continue to leave the post up whether it is positive, or negative, about GHQ. Some of our choices may very well be complete bombs, but remember that we have a lot of people who we are trying to keep happy, and many of them may have interests that are different from yours.

Thank you for your support,
GHQ

CG2
E5

Post by CG2 »

I fully support GHQ's statement - just because I don't personally want to buy a model doesn't mean I begrudge those who do. Just look at the wishlist comments - there is very little commonality in requests and these are just the comments we see. There's no guarantee that those who post are even the biggest purchasers .....

I normally end up buying way more than I thought I would when the list gets published and over the years my requirements change and I then buy things I didn't need before.

Anyway, I always find some things I really want every year and I hope everyone else does too. Sooner or later, what you want will turn up!

Nil carborundum illegitimi GHQ!
CG2

kampfgruppe
E5

Post by kampfgruppe »

No problem GHQ, message received, you asked for opinion about F-35

I give you just mine, it's only one opinion, some details : i 'm not happy with F-35, since i will prefer see something usefull for wargames, the F-35 still in development, maybe in 5 or 10 years it will be usefull for realistic wargames, but not now...

of course we could play science fiction wargames with this one...
thank you for your work :D

IRISH

Release

Post by IRISH »

GHQ,

Fully understood, While I am 100% into the Great War and the WW2 Micronauts only.
I have read over each year the wishes and fully understand about your choices and releases.
Last year was a Great year for me with the Micronauts releases and I and excited with the Austrian Hungarian release this year. I am glad that we are seeing modern releases as well and the for the fact of the matter all you releases!

Keep em coming

IRISH

cwsmp

Post by cwsmp »

Thanks to GHQ and all there staff for the hard work.
We should all ge greatful that there is an outstanding company
producing theses great minatures.

GHQ
Site Admin

Post by GHQ »

Sorry Kampfguppe, we didn't mean to pick on you. :oops: Your posting gave us the opportunity to quote from it, and share that message. Once again, the main thing is that we know that everyone isn't going to like every release. We have a lot of customers across a large number of categories, and have people who are military historians, model builders, model collectors, wargamers, and some people who just like cool models in general. One fortunate fact is that the larger our aircraft line gets, the more people that like them just for the model building and collecting, and we know that many of them never make it into a game. That means that a lot more models are potentially viable for people who want to game things that maybe wouldn't have the strongest following for "gaming only".

As we always say, we truly appreciate all of our customers, and we want to try to make as many people happy as possible. If you have a few things to look forward to in the coming year, then we feel that we have put together a successful list.

Thank you,
GHQ

GHQ
Site Admin

Post by GHQ »

OK, now that that is all out of the way, how about a new leaked release for the day? Hopefully this one will make a lot of people happy...there was a lot of support for it. The next Top Secret Leaked Release of the Day is the...CV Hosho.

Thanks for checking in,
GHQ

33YearsGHQ
E5

Post by 33YearsGHQ »

AWESOME release. Still hoping for the CVE Bogue as well. So far this has been a near perfect list of releases. There are only 2 or 3 I am interested in, but they all have been popular requests.

GHQ is an awesome company, where else do you get 40 - 50 new releases per year and the dates they will be released (plus they hit their commitment dates!)

As for GAMING versus COLLECTING, who cares as long as we all get something we like. I have rarely gamed over the past 35+ years, but have purchased 6,000+ 1/2400 scale ships, over 25,000 pieces of armor and over 1,500 1/285th scale aircraft (plus some ACW and Napoleonics as well).

I now generally just purchase 1/2400th for the sake of simplicity.
Brad Anderson (enjoying GHQ since 1976)

Blackheart23

Post by Blackheart23 »

My gaming group is ecstatic that GHQ is putting out modern naval and aircraft. We only do modern wargaming so the F-35 and USS Independence are most welcome additions. Here is hoping for a Su-27, J-10, and some modern Japanese navy.

piersyf
E5

Post by piersyf »

So far for me, the La-5 is the only interest, and that's peripheral. I am not a part of the obsession with WW2 naval between the US and Japan, and for me the response to the M4A2 was 'not another Sherman'. I'm not that fussed over the position of fuel caps. I should point out though, that my WW2 US force was built mostly 30 years ago and was sourced from a shop in Australia, so I had to select from what the shop stocked. I drew the line at using Ishermans, if that gives you a hint.

I think the issue here isn't so much the products, but the perplexing level of anticipation and excitement around the releases. It's a bit like Christmas as a kid where you see all the cool presents go to your relatives and you get socks.

Personally I like looking at the pictures... but that is over a year away for this batch before I actually get to SEE them all.
There is no right or wrong, only decisions and consequences.