M4A2 Models

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

Bruce Morris

M4A2 Models

Post by Bruce Morris »

Hey GHQ gurus!

Are there visible differences between the M4A2 75mm models US-99 and R-69? Hoping to get an order up next month after remodeling the bathroom.

Bruce :roll:

dougeagle
E5

Post by dougeagle »

If you're asking about the newer versions coming out, then yeah there will be visible differences. June's release will not have sand shields, while August's release will.
If still unsure what they look like, got to UK WWII tanks, look at UK-16 and UK 57, both have sand shields on them.
Doug

A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at.
Bruce Lee

kiasutha
E5

Post by kiasutha »

Yah, but the question is about the difference between the US and RUSSIAN versions.
Seems they are doing 3 versions of it... :shock:

Mk 1
E5

Post by Mk 1 »

kiasutha wrote:Yah, but the question is about the difference between the US and RUSSIAN versions.
I believe they are simply placing the M4A2 in both the US (for the USMC) and Russian lists, while they are putting the M4A2 with sand shields on the British list.

That is my interpretation. Perhaps we will get the full answer direct from the source on Monday. :wink:
-Mark 1
Difficile est, saturam non scribere.
"It is hard NOT to write satire." - Decimus Iunius Juvenalis, 1st Century AD

kiasutha
E5

Post by kiasutha »

Mk 1 wrote:
kiasutha wrote:Yah, but the question is about the difference between the US and RUSSIAN versions.
I believe they are simply placing the M4A2 in both the US (for the USMC) and Russian lists, while they are putting the M4A2 with sand shields on the British list.

That is my interpretation. Perhaps we will get the full answer direct from the source on Monday. :wink:
Could be; that had occurred to me too.
But it would be a departure from past practice; IE look at the Romanian list where "foreign" gear is listed, but under their original codes.
Same goes for Hungary in the printed catalogue, tho they haven't added them "on-line"...
Time will tell, I guess.

kampfgruppe
E5

Post by kampfgruppe »

I would like to see a USMC version with add on armor, sandbag, wood palm armor on the side, and a russian version without this armor add on :D

TAMMY
E5

Post by TAMMY »

There are only two turrets available: US96 and US01 and you may use anyone of them.

The M4A2 suolied to Russia mounted both types of turrets with 76mm: T23 and T26.
so the choice is up to you.

T
Ubicumque et semper

Bruce Morris

Turrets

Post by Bruce Morris »

Tammy,

Thanks for the info on the 76mm turrets. I had the same thought as AJ.

Bruce