MATG - TOEs?

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

John Secker
E5

MATG - TOEs?

Post by John Secker »

I have downloaded the second edition of the Micro Armour game, printed it off, very nice. But I have just noticed something missing - the TOEs which were in the first edition. These are not the same as the ones in the 1:1 game, they are at a different level, where the smallest individual unit is roughly a platoon. The 1:1 TOEs are available on the GHQ site, but not the ones from the Micro Armour game.

Now I still have the book of the first edition, so I can use the TOEs there, but it would be good to have them electronically, so I could bind them in with the new edition. Is there anywhere out there that those TOEs are available in soft copy?

tomc300

Post by tomc300 »

Try Wargame Vault, www.wargamevault.com, and search for Micro_Squad_The_11_Scale_Game-_WWII_2nd_Edition.

There's also a thread somewhere here on the forums with direct links to the WGV site.

*edit*

Found it,
http://www.ghqmodels.com/forum/viewtopi ... game+vault

John Secker
E5

Post by John Secker »

Thanks - but this thread and the WGV content are the TOEs for the 1:1 game, going down to individual vehicles and squads. I am looking for the ones from Micro Armour- the Game, the higher level rules where the smallest unit is a platoon.

Waddell
E5

Post by Waddell »

Is this what you're looking for?

http://www.ghqmodels.com/pages/military/squadgames.asp

The above is for WWII and shows platoon level organizations up to battalions despite the name.

John Secker
E5

Post by John Secker »

No - these again are the ones which go right down to individual vehicles and squads. These are designed for the 1:1 game, so that one model on the table represents a single tank.

I am looking for a copy of the TOEs on pages 48-103 of the first edition of Micro Armour The Game. In those rules a single model on the table is a platoon or equivalent - 4-5 tanks typically. And the TOEs reflect that, so they are less granular. An Infantry Company is just "3xInfantry, 1xInfantry Support" for example. They are quite simple and allow you to put together a force quickly.

As I said, I have the printed copy of the old rules, it would just be nice to have the same information in soft copy for convenience.

RedLeif
E5

Post by RedLeif »

Hi John,
I was working on converting GHQ's Micro Squad orgs to platoon scale tables for the WWII Microarmour game but got side tracked. It's still on my to do list. You can use the published Micro Squad TO&E's to build platoon scale orgs it just takes a little effort. I'd suggest you look at the 'company' level and higher within any of those documents, and read the word 'platoon' as 'stand of model/s'.

For example a British infantry company of late 42- mid 43 will usually consist of 3 infantry stands.

One largely disregards the company HQ commands encountered in the company orgs as they are 'aggregated' up to battalion level.

The Weapons company of the same ere will have 1 x 3" mortar [3] stand w/ Carrier, 2 x Carrier stands ( i'd give them 2 as the 'platoon' had 9+ vehicles in it), 1x engineer infantry stand w/ truck and 2 x 2-pounder guns w/truck or carrier as prime movers.

I might possibly make that 'carrier platoon' into 3 total stands: 2 x carriers and 1 x 2" mortar [1] carrier. I'd want to do a little reading to see about that first.

The battalion of the same period would then have 4 x infantry companies (12 stands total), 1 x weapons company and 1 Infantry HQ w/ light truck. One might give the Btln HQ an additional infantry stand w/ light truck as well. Since a TO&E is 'authorized strength' not 'field strength' one could go either way there.

Hope this helps.
Leif

John Secker
E5

Post by John Secker »

I don't want 1:1 TOEs, there are plenty of them on the GHQ website and elsewhere. What I am looking for is TOEs for the next level up, the level where a single model on the tabletop is a platoon. The ones that are in the first edition of Micro Armour The Game, but not in the second edition. As Leif says, I can work these out for myself with some work from the lower level ones, but I was hoping to find a copy somewhere on the web. I guess not, but it was worth asking. Thanks to all who replied.

ferret701
E5

Post by ferret701 »

John, if you can find copies of GDW's assorted Command Decision (WWII) or Combined Arms (modern, as of 1988), they have pretty comprehensive stuff. In particular, check out eBay for a copy of Armies of the Second World War Vol 1 by GDW, as it is extremely comprehensive. There was never a Vol 2, AFAIK. All of this stuff is out of print, but still shows up pretty regularly.

Pat Callahan

RedLeif
E5

Post by RedLeif »

John, let me know which ones you need done first and I'll send them to you. I can't do them all right now but I can put together some for you pretty quickly.
I have some done to 'first draft status' already and may have what you're looking for.

Regards,
Leif

John Secker
E5

Post by John Secker »

Leif, I am mostly about UK vs Germans - so my top priority would be those two nations, 44-45 in Europe. Beyond that, maybe the US list for the same theatre, then the Western desert in the later stages when it was basically the Germans - I don't (yet) have Italian forces.