LVT 1 amtrac in 1/285 or 1/300

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

Mortis57
E5

Post by Mortis57 »

Don't Scotia do one in their Ship to Shore range?

pibber
E5

LVT1

Post by pibber »

Hello thomas.tmcc :)
I don't know which company do LVT 1 model in 6mm. For the assault on Tarawa, there were 75 old LVT1 and 50 new LVT2 that have been prepared. You could use only the LVT 2 until GHQ make the LVT 1...
This brings back a problem I have already mentioned on this forum: to my point of view, it's really important that the GHQ choice for new models is related to some famous battles. For example, we were several members of the forum to wish the PzIII with side skirts to play the summer of 1943 in Russia (including the Battle of Kursk), GHQ did it and it's really great !
Regarding the Pacific Front, it's true that we still lack some important equipment : LVT1 (for refueling of Guadalcana-l, Bougainville, Tarawa assault...) LVT4, LVT2 and LVT(A) 4 with armored shield for machine guns (for Iwo Jima, Okinawa), LVT3 "Bushmaster" (Okinawa).
GHQ has released the "US Marines" who are very beautiful, so,probably next year will come a new LVT to fill the gap and allow us to play some famous US amphibious assault landings in Pacific aera ...
There is too much scratchbuilding work to create a model of LVT1 and too much work for create Shields machine guns of 1945 LVT on existing GHQ models so I'm patient and wait for GHQ manufactures them one day (in not too long time I hope ! :roll: ).
:wink:
Pibber.
(Long life to GHQ !)

TAMMY
E5

Post by TAMMY »

Scotia do the LVT1. It is STS28 in the ship to shore range.

In other words it is not between thje vehicles.

You shioukd choose Historical / 1:300 armpur & Infantry/ Ship to shore.
Ubicumque et semper

SPecial_63

Post by SPecial_63 »

Shapeways offered a Set of LVT-1 in 1/285 Set of 6 four standard, two armored. A little bit expensive but good quality.