U. I. N. United Imagi-Nations.

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

redleg
E5

Re: U. I. N. United Imagi-Nations.

Post by redleg »

Thus far the war has not made its way to the north Pacific. Nevertheless, ROD reconnaissance aircraft are in the area, looking for EE naval forces that may be lurking in the region. A recent recon flight by an ROD SR-71A captured some photos of an impressive Karma force in port. It is believed that these ships are operating in a surveillance /home defense capacity in Karma waters.

Surface ships include Halifax class, Grimsby class (modified Visby?), and missile boats.

Submarine force includes Orca class AIP and several diesel-electric models.

Oh and BTW: EE Destroyer Flotilla 35 was sighted in the north-eastern Pacific (Sovremenny class destroyers).
Redleg's Website: micropope.webstarts.com

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

Oh my! Those submarines are impressive. That group might be enough to enforce a landlocked Navies of the ROD, PRNW and the NC Pacific Fleet, Eski and Graham.
Chris

Hoth_902
E5

Post by Hoth_902 »

Not sure what you mean Chris,. The RPNW does not have a land locked navy.
Quantity has a Quality all its own.

http://warriorbear.weebly.com/

E5

Post by 7.62 »

chrisswim wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:05 am
Oh my! Those submarines are impressive. That group might be enough to enforce a landlocked Navies of the ROD, PRNW and the NC Pacific Fleet, Eski and Graham.
Nonsense! The KDF submarine fleet is completely defensive.
We have 8 modern Orca AIP (Type 212/+212mod) plus 8 diesel electrics which normally stay coastal.
An additional 8 older diesel electrics are kept in the reserve mobilisation stock.

In fact the KDF Navy just suffered a major setback with it's submarine force due to the ongoing conflict between the ROD and EE.
Karmanaskis had signed a contract to lease two nuclear submarines for the next 8 years from the EE, we had planned to build several of the type.
However with the EE missile attacks on the ROD mainland and the sinking of civilian shipping by the EE, the contracts are now null and void.
The two subs will be returned to the EE but not while the conflict is ongoing. Trade and diplomacy with the EE will continue but there is now no cooperation on military matters.
This is seen as major problem for the Navy. Plan B is now underway but it is unlikely that the KDF will now deploy a nuclear powered sub.
A new much larger AIP class is most likely.

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

As of yesterday the Eurasian Empire forces in the Syrian city of Aleppo has issued a formal surrender to the Pan Oceanic Pact, the city is now liberated.

E5

Post by 7.62 »

With the UIN failing to get the two factions (the ROD & the EE) to talk, the Karmanaskis Government is trying to get the respective sides back channels to talk "off the record". This week will see the Karma Navy commission its first FSC (Future Surface Combatant). Invites will go out to embassy Ambassadors and defence attaché from the ROD, EE, RPNW, Monacodom etc (we still have no diplomatic exchange with the POP Countries) to attend the ceremony. They will be kept well apart but the opportunity and meeting rooms will be available if both sides wish.
The New FSC will replace the ageing Halifax class Frigates of the KDF Navy.

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

Training being conducted in Poland.
Good luck with the Peace Talks and telephone calls.

Scouts out….

There is not even the typical response to press inquiry as to who is training?
Unknown if Polish Army, Ukrainian Army, or another I-NATO member.
Chris

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

The ROD attaché is looking forward to attending this event! He will be in his fancy dress uniform, and he will have an “embassy staffer” with him in a non-descript suit and tie.

Officially, the ROD will not enter into talks with the EE. But this dude in the suit just might take a wrong turn on his way to the bathroom and wind up in some quiet meeting room.

E5

Post by 7.62 »

Excellent. That gives me the excuse to revamp the old harbour/port board that I've been putting off for ages.

As was.

As is.

In progress for a new shipyard for the FSC project.

All on a 24"x18" board.

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

That is awesome!!!!

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

The port is awesome (quoting Redleg), it does.
The CoC May need to send a group there to visit just for some great Ship pictures in the Harbor.
Chris

nashorn88
E5

Post by nashorn88 »

Wow ! Love the harbor I made a small one b4 our house fire.
I’ll have to make another one day. Hopefully “one day will come along “

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

The POP nations New Canada and the Feline Confederation are jointly working on their own FSC projects as well based on the Type 45 DDG and the Horizon Class Frigate, both vessels are currently in the drafting stages at their respected nations Design Bureau’s

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

Here is a info for the DDG Type 45.

https://www.ghqmodels.com/collections/m ... e-45-class
Chris

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

on top of the features such as reduced RCS and using the new Naval Strike missiles, these ships will also carry UAVs in their hangers.