U. I. N. United Imagi-Nations.

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

redleg
E5

Re: U. I. N. United Imagi-Nations.

Post by redleg »

I'm referring to Karmanaskis becoming a regional naval power. Those guys are tactically proficient, and pretty crafty to boot.

Not too worried about NC. When someone suggests you reduce your combat power you are eager to oblige. At the same time when someone tries to teach you how to fight you dismiss them and pick your top commanders by written exam.
Redleg's Website: micropope.webstarts.com

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

Im just trying to appease people by following their suggestions.

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

Interesting that you mention appeasement on the anniversary of D-Day.

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

Mech,
Slow down. Think, .... think. Determine what you want, can afford. Strategic thinking. SWOT evaluation. Strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats.
Chris

Hoth_902
E5

Post by Hoth_902 »

Mech, diplomacy is not resolved through sticking your head in the sand. Plenty of examples of how that ends up, from history. Tacking that approach only emboldens your enemies. You have to learn diplomacy....changing opinions do not occur through avoidance. You boxed up all your toys and left your boarder in defended. That could make a country believe that there is fruit ripe for the picking.

Countries fall out with each other than fall in. You have to chart your path and handle things that occur, both good and bad.
Quantity has a Quality all its own.

http://warriorbear.weebly.com/

E5

Post by 7.62 »

redleg wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:22 am
on the anniversary of D-Day.
Karmanaskis marked the anniversary of D-Day with the naming and float out of a new amphibious warfare ship.
KNS Redoutable is the second of the Fearsome Class of LPD. Fit out will not take long and she will soon join the fleet.

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

What diplomatic approach should I take to resolve this problem Hoth? As Im out of ideas.

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

Just grow a pair..........

Build your defense force. Develop capability, determination to defend NC.
Be a good ally, friend so that they CAN count on you. SWOT.... know what you can and will do. Do not over commit.
Chris

Hoth_902
E5

Post by Hoth_902 »

Mech,

You play the game. Sometimes time its time that is needed. Things don't get fixed by the click of the finger. You may suggest something that I am not open to today and then tomorrow I say ok. Maybe a week, a month, a year, I decide to reach out or if I see nothing worth being concerned about, I start to de escalate things. You make alliances....sometimes that angers someone and sometimes it makes them concerned. You have to work your way thought. Just because I have troops on the boarder, does not mean we will not participate in a joint UIN mission. You make mistakes an you learn.....it's a game, have fun with it.....play.

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

In northern Argentina and Paraguay, reports of Latin Alliance militia groups have been surfacing. The governments in Buenos Aires and Asuncion have downplayed the reports, characterizing the armed groups as “rabble” and “criminal gangs” that are operating in remote areas and having very little real power. The Latin Alliance continues to gain popularity, however, and rallies occur on an almost daily basis in the larger cities of Argentina, Paraguay, Uruguay, and Bolivia.

The number of rural residents coming to these rallies is steadily increasing. They offer testimonials of how the Latin Alliance militias have not only offered protection against corrupt government officials and armed gangs, but the Latin Alliance is also providing badly needed funds for the establishment of schools and medical clinics in remote areas. They are also repairing roads and wells, though it is unclear where all the money for these infrastructure projects is coming from. Witnesses claim to have seen “armed trucks”, “tanks”, and militia troops operating in groups of 100-200 armed men.

Government officials in Buenos Aires today announced that if there are indeed any militia groups operating in Argentine territory, they will be dealt with swiftly.

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

These rallies by the Latin Alliance happened around the same time as that imperial Convoy showed up in South America, coincidence? Hmm.

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

The news out of Bueno Aires, Argentina is alarming with the EE convoy 5.21 approaching the Harbor that leads to Buenos Aires.
Speculation as to the cargo, believed to be weapons, vehicles etc.
Is EE supporting armed conflict?
Chris

Hoth_902
E5

Post by Hoth_902 »

The RPNW has announced today that they are sending a group of delegates to Argentina and Paraguay for the purposes of increasing trade. Accompanying this delegation will be representatives from various coffee companies, which will be touring the country and speaking with local coffee bean growers for the purpose of finding new coffee bean sources and to evaluate future sites for Coffee Bean processing facilities.

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

Oh, that’s good... get your spies in there.
Monacodom is sending in some member of the Chamber of Commerce to develop relationships, banking &finance, manufacturing, production, logistics groups being represented along with sales and marketing reps. (Gotta get out spies in there too).
Chris

Hoth_902
E5

Post by Hoth_902 »

The RPNW delegation arrived in Argentina today. Government officials will begin trade talks with Argentina in three days. Representatives from the coffee industry will be heading into the coffee regions later this week to sample coffee beans and identify potential sites for processing facilities.

In unrelated news, two RPNW Destroyers made a port of call in the British controlled Falkland islands. This was due to mechanical problems with one of the two ships on patrol in the region.