Republic of Dalmatia Imagi-Nation

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

16 Corps is to remain south of Kiev, do not enter Kiev.
You are to remain south of Kiev. The road traffic is extremely heavy moving at a snail's pace. The congestion would mess up the organization of units.
. Not sure why the 16th Corps does not understand this idea.
As a trained professional military leader - commander this should be known and understood.
When 16th Corps commander what giving out orders to other leaders, he told them were to be "now". There was not any desecration in the order you gave.
Now the 16th Corps commander wants to do something without informing hierarchy. Even in the NC Army I was thinking orders should be followed, perhaps my evaluation is wrong.
Orders to 16th Corps
The far left platoon of the left company, of the left battalion of the left brigade of the left division is to get in contact with the far right platoon of the 30th Corps. Then all units will know the area of control and zone of responsibility.
Hopefully, I am clear in the transmission.
Chris

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

The NC Army does follow orders though we tend to interpret orders differently, I’ll send one of the Nigerian divisions to link up with the 30th Corps right flank the rest of the 16th Corps stays with me.

Hoth_902
E5

Post by Hoth_902 »

Mech, you don't need to go to kiev to link up with me. move no further north than the line drawn through Vinnytsia to Bila Tserkva on through to the river. I got everything north of that. Take up position on river and set up pontoon bridges to cross where you can, or hold river coast. You could send forces across at night to setup bridge head on far bank.
Quantity has a Quality all its own.

http://warriorbear.weebly.com/

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

3rd Army Command
Orders and command instructions need to be followed and the intent needs to be followed.
The order of not going to Kiev cannot be interrupted in any other way.
But ... hey...
Would you like to be relieved of command of the 16th Corps I remember a story of IKE and Monty. Monty thought i could not be replaced, until he was reminded of Alexander. Roosevelt would not remove IKE. That thought just came to me.
Chris

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

No I will stay in command, the 16th corps will remain just south of Kiev and not enter into the city and form a defensive live at Vinnytsia to hold off the river crossing from imperial troops.

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

I got some unfortunate news my RCN fleet has been destroyed trying to escape the Black Sea, remnants of the fleet will sail back to Greece for repairs, Its unknown how many or which ships survived the imperial attack.

This is a very dark day for the Royal Canadian Navy.

Hoth_902
E5

Post by Hoth_902 »

Mech, Sorry for your loss, but stay the course.

Also, Recieved your position and concur with your location. Set up (CAP) Combat Air Patrol over both sides of the river. Once Air Superiority is accomplished, set up kill boxes to start grinding down the EE ground forces on the other side. Also Identify likely places to cross using pontoon or other bridging and ferry assets. At some point we will need to get your forces across the river. Let me know when your forces are set.

Chris, if you are crossing, let me know when you got some bridge heads across the river in your sector.

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

Set up a CAP? With what? My supercarrier along with its compliment of aircraft are now at the bottom of the Bosporus.

Hoth_902
E5

Post by Hoth_902 »

So you only brought aircraft on board your carriers? Well that sucks.. I thought you brought air force assets as well.

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

I have brought 2 squadrons of RCAF CF-18s along with some CC-17s and CC-130s but their all in Greece., the majority of the helicopter squadrons from 1st Wing Trenton would have been onboard the Nabob when she sank. The Sliver Dart did survive though but badly damaged and won't be able to launch Helios anytime soon.
Last edited by MechCommander on Sun May 31, 2020 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hoth_902
E5

Post by Hoth_902 »

Ok, well you definetly need to get them to a forward operating base and at least fly cap. See if you can fly some more aircraft from Canada using air refuelers.

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

I'll send a CC-707 air tankers to get the CF-18s in Greece into Ukraine.

But Morale is very low right now as HMCS Canada was the pride of our military being our first Supercarrier and thus part of a group of nations who uses supercarriers, now shes lost to us and I don't know if we can afford a replacement carrier.

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

It was a very big mistake on your fleet commander's part, but maybe you can use it as a rallying cry for your troops.
Redleg's Website: micropope.webstarts.com

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

Remember the Carrier!!!
Remember the fleet!!!
Chris

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

Speaking of the Fleet Commander, his body was found in his private quarters onboard the Kanata, with a gunshot wound to the side of his head.

The NC troops after hearing the News about the Carriers loss wants revenge on the Imperials, they will angrily storm into Imperial Position and butcher them to the last man.