Republic of Dalmatia Imagi-Nation

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

MechCommander
E5

Re: Republic of Dalmatia Imagi-Nation

Post by MechCommander »

I think I had not done this Redleg, setting up a New Canadian embassy in the ROD Capital of Erinsburg since reestablishing ties. Current NC Ambassador to the ROD is Kale Clarkson.

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

The NC embassy is in the basement of the Stock Exchange???
Chris

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

No that "Stock" you see Chris is a watermark was from a Public Domain Website that I got it from, its annoying to see that.

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

Ohhh. I see ‘STOCK Getty Images’.
Chris

panzergator
E5

Post by panzergator »

Like the collection of pieces organized in batteries.
All blessings flow from a good mission statement.
Pogo was right. So was Ike.
"A Gentleman is a man who is only rude intentionally." (Churchill)
Give credit. Take responsibility.

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

Thanks, PG! You can never have enough artillery!

Good looking embassy, Mech! Looks like you have plenty of room in there for a few dogs to run the halls.
Redleg's Website: micropope.webstarts.com

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

Well there won't be any room to run around in, as it will be crowed with embassy workers, clerks from the Foreign Affairs Department, and long winding paper trails and stacks of Magnetic Tape reels from its computer room.

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

This will be a new or recurring phenomenon?
Chris

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

Its not a problem Chris, its just an average work day in a NC Embassy.

E5

Post by 7.62 »

Early morning reports of UFOs, strange lights off the S.W. coast of the ROD.
Saint Catherine Morning Show TV.

Lights seen on and under the ocean.
Then emerging from the sea, moving up into the sky, moving erratically, seconds later they have gone.
9 1 1 phone calls logged in the same minute over 100kms apart by creditable sources.

Then large internet outage reported around the South, reports of ROD military called out!

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

The internet outage was very widespread - even crashing the GHQ forum. As noted on the ROD website, this sighting was a wake-up call for the ROD military. We have been too focused on overseas operations and we have grown complacent in the defense of our home island. We were able to scramble the four alert fighters from Naval Station Saint Catherine, but bringing additional military assets to bear in short order was a challenge. First there is the issue of personnel being on leave for the holidays, but then there is also much difficulty in quickly providing live ordnance and ammunition to aircraft, ships, and troops. Measures put in place to keep the civilian population safe were an obstacle to getting combat units into position to kill anything.

In the end, this exercise (which the vast majority of the ROD military did not know about beforehand) was a success because it slapped us in the face and helped us to focus our attention on our own defense. It was also a showcase for Karmanaskis military capabilities!

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

Meanwhile at the Saint Catherine Bay Shipyards, naval engineers and ROD Navy officials are debating how to proceed with the new Montana class battleship. Downloading the plans and building the ship was simple, but we want to modernize it along the same lines as the four Iowa class battleships. It seems like a no-brainer to just add some platforms between the funnels and to the rear of the aft funnel for some Tomahawk ABLs and Harpoon launchers. That would be a carbon copy of the Iowa. What we're trying to figure out is if we can add some VLS missile cells to the ship somewhere. Can you put a VLS between the funnels, or do you need more open space for that?

Pictured here is the unglued Montana next to an Iowa.

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

Im in the same boat as you are Redleg with the new Vanguard class Battleship for the Royal Canadian Navy.

Debating if I should put a 8 cell ASROC/Harpoon launcher between the funnels or 2 MK 29 Box launchers, I know 4 of the secondary guns will be replaced with the MK 26 Dual Rail Launchers.

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

As I recall, if we were to modify the Iowa Class BB, the Z turret area would be removed, the capacity below would allow plenty of room for VLS. Also be able to provide a hanger for helos.
For Montana, remove the Y turret or both of them, the Y and Z turrets.
Chris

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

I read that about the Iowas too - remove a turret to make space for VLS, but I really want to keep the guns! I'm going to mess around with it a little bit and see what I can come up with. Worst case is I'll just copy the Iowa class and add some missiles amidships. I'm planning to add the helo deck at the back with no hangar space, just like the Iowa class.