Republic of Dalmatia Imagi-Nation

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

chrisswim
E5

Re: Republic of Dalmatia Imagi-Nation

Post by chrisswim »

Redleg,
Oh.... whewwww.
Excellent. Beautiful
Chris

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

What are you saying PG? We're talking about 16" guns here...we always need more of those!
Redleg's Website: micropope.webstarts.com

panzergator
E5

Post by panzergator »

Not all on the same hull!

I like battleships, but you must figure out how to defend them, as was demonstrated over and over in WWII.
All blessings flow from a good mission statement.
Pogo was right. So was Ike.
"A Gentleman is a man who is only rude intentionally." (Churchill)
Give credit. Take responsibility.

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

Redleg,
You need another Montana, do the same thing with the stack moving it forward.
Where you have the VLS pad, put another turret there. Similar to Rodney and Nelson except the X, Y, and Z turrets as opposed to the A, B, and C turrets. In your case you will still have A & B, then X, Y, & Z turrets for fire support.
Chris

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

I think what Panzer is referring to is to add some radar guided AA guns like what I did with the KGV refits.

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

I think PG is providing insight, in this case not to have tooooooooooo MUCH on 1 hull. Congestion, overload, lack of duplication, support, and/or having a diminishing return, limits of influence/capability.
But an wonderful navy as ROD, a sea living and loving country as ROD, they will do as they wish. I like the idea, the modifications.
Chris

panzergator
E5

Post by panzergator »

Don't put all your eggs in one basket. You will reach a point of diminishing returns in ship size, crew size, logistics requrements, dock size, speed, air defense, cost to build and maintain, and oh, so many other factors a naval architect must consider.

I like the Montanas. Build some more. Consider converting Alasks for more missile batteries. You must consider the number if missiles you must carry for anti-ship, anti-missile, and anti-air, as well. Lotsa caliber 50s won't cut it anymore.

panzergator
E5

Post by panzergator »

I guess you could modify a carrier hull and... We once made carriers out if battlecruiser hulls (Lexington and Saratoga, WWII), so turn about.

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

Now you're talkin PG! A carrier hull converted into a battleship! The Montana modification is a great idea too Chris! I may have to explore those options just for fun in the near future. I need to focus on my armor backlog first though. I will wait until everyone has forgotten about battleships and then BAM! a new super-battleship suddenly appears out of the mist!

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

Armor.
Backlog.... I am working on about 160 vehicles for CoC, US (some will be CoC in the Home Guard or Monocodom 1st Armored Div.)
Some is being reworked, equipment/turret transfers.
Chris

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

I’m happy that the ROD is going ahead with the 2021 fighter rodeo, now with safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID. Who is going to be participating this year?

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

We don't know who will be participating yet. We will send the invitation out in mid February and it will be open to almost anyone.

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

President Redleg,
You, of course, are completely correct. Avatar Brewing has informed me that they included an Avatar Micro Brewery system. Of course the need to buy the Avatar hops, barley, etc. and finance the expertise of a few Brewmisters from Balzac. Then you may be able to be the first Avatar Brewing Internationally licensed brewery. Commercial Exports are not permitted.
Chris

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

This is excellent news - and it is the highest priority for the ROD right now. We are cancelling our order for a new aircraft carrier and shifting all resources to the establishment of a new brewery, licensing fees, and the procurement of Balzac brewmeisters!

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

Seeing that the ROD is replacing their F-14Cs with Newer jets, The Royal Canadian Navy is asking the ROD if they can transfer their surplus F-14Cs to the RCN, as Unfortunately the Dassault Rafale deal was a bust due to the Jets interoperability issues. As a In term measure the RCN is reactivating their old fleet of F-14s to continue use as a Strike Aircraft.