Here are the 2016-17 GHQ New Releases
Moderators: GHQ, dnichols, Mk 1
-
GHQ
- Site Admin
- Posts: 714
- Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2004 1:50 am
- Location: Minneapolis, MN, USA
Here are the 2016-17 GHQ New Releases
We are happy to announce our upcoming 2016-17 new releases. These are in no particular order, and it is possible that a couple may change (although that is very unlikely). As always, these releases come from the thousands of requests that we receive from our customers each year. What do you think?
Type 072A Landing Ship- Modern China
Indian Pattern Carrier- WWII India
Mi-28 attack helicopter- Modern Russia
Erzherzog Karl- WWI Austro-Hungarian pre-dreadnought battleship
Windsor Carrier- WWII UK
M103 heavy tank- Modern US
Boxer IFV- Modern Germany
STOVL pack- Modern USA aircraft pack
Mercedes G3A truck- WWII Germany
Japanese Type 10 Tank- Modern Japan
Type 96 APC- Modern Japan
Barnegat Class- AVP-10- WWII USA seaplane tender
ZiS-5 Transport/Bus- WWII Russia
Type 89 IFV - Modern Japan
T-72 B3M- Modern Russia
Heavy cruisers Berwick and Cornwall (1939 appearance)- WWII UK
Marder I- WWII Germany
ERC 90 Sagaie- Modern France
light cruiser Birmingham class- WWI UK
Me Bf 110- WWII Germany aircraft
M114 Howtizer- Modern USA
BMD-4- Modern Russia
T-55 Enigma- Iraq, TW #
light carrier Ryuho- WWII Japan
US Trailers- WWII USA
IL-28 ground attack plane- Modern Russia
MICLIC- Modern USA
destroyers V1 through S24- WWI Germany
GMC 2-1/2 ton short wheel base and the Bofors 40mm- WWII USA
Leopard II A4- Modern Germany, and many others
Pereh Missile Carrier- Israel
“Hog Island†type B (design 1024)- WWII USA transport
GMC 2-1/2 ton short wheel base- WWII USA
FMTV Trailers- Modern USA
K21 IFV- South Korea
Kongo (DDG-173)- Modern Japan destroyer
Opel Blitz with an open back, and loaded with fuel drums- WWII Germany
BM-27 Uragan- Modern Russia
F-22- Modern USA aircraft
CVN-78 Gerald R. Ford- Modern USA carrier
Self-propelled Bofors AA on a Morris- WWII UK
SA-10- Modern Russian
Merchant Aircraft Carrier- WWII UK
MAN KAT-1 Tanker Truck- Modern Germany
Blenheim Mk. 4 bomber- WWII UK aircraft
Westland Lysander- WWII UK aircraft
KamAZ 4350 4x4 truck- Modern Russia
KamAZ 5350 6x6 truck- Modern Russia
KamAZ 6350 8x8 truck- Modern Russia
Macchi C.202 Folgore- WWII Itlay aircraft
Thanks for looklng!
GHQ
Type 072A Landing Ship- Modern China
Indian Pattern Carrier- WWII India
Mi-28 attack helicopter- Modern Russia
Erzherzog Karl- WWI Austro-Hungarian pre-dreadnought battleship
Windsor Carrier- WWII UK
M103 heavy tank- Modern US
Boxer IFV- Modern Germany
STOVL pack- Modern USA aircraft pack
Mercedes G3A truck- WWII Germany
Japanese Type 10 Tank- Modern Japan
Type 96 APC- Modern Japan
Barnegat Class- AVP-10- WWII USA seaplane tender
ZiS-5 Transport/Bus- WWII Russia
Type 89 IFV - Modern Japan
T-72 B3M- Modern Russia
Heavy cruisers Berwick and Cornwall (1939 appearance)- WWII UK
Marder I- WWII Germany
ERC 90 Sagaie- Modern France
light cruiser Birmingham class- WWI UK
Me Bf 110- WWII Germany aircraft
M114 Howtizer- Modern USA
BMD-4- Modern Russia
T-55 Enigma- Iraq, TW #
light carrier Ryuho- WWII Japan
US Trailers- WWII USA
IL-28 ground attack plane- Modern Russia
MICLIC- Modern USA
destroyers V1 through S24- WWI Germany
GMC 2-1/2 ton short wheel base and the Bofors 40mm- WWII USA
Leopard II A4- Modern Germany, and many others
Pereh Missile Carrier- Israel
“Hog Island†type B (design 1024)- WWII USA transport
GMC 2-1/2 ton short wheel base- WWII USA
FMTV Trailers- Modern USA
K21 IFV- South Korea
Kongo (DDG-173)- Modern Japan destroyer
Opel Blitz with an open back, and loaded with fuel drums- WWII Germany
BM-27 Uragan- Modern Russia
F-22- Modern USA aircraft
CVN-78 Gerald R. Ford- Modern USA carrier
Self-propelled Bofors AA on a Morris- WWII UK
SA-10- Modern Russian
Merchant Aircraft Carrier- WWII UK
MAN KAT-1 Tanker Truck- Modern Germany
Blenheim Mk. 4 bomber- WWII UK aircraft
Westland Lysander- WWII UK aircraft
KamAZ 4350 4x4 truck- Modern Russia
KamAZ 5350 6x6 truck- Modern Russia
KamAZ 6350 8x8 truck- Modern Russia
Macchi C.202 Folgore- WWII Itlay aircraft
Thanks for looklng!
GHQ
-
Donald M. Scheef
- E5
- Posts: 1629
- Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:24 am
- Location: Waukegan, Illinois USA
-
scopemaster
- Posts: 55
- Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:41 pm
- Location: Kansas City Area
Coolio, These are great for me, I look forward too seeing them, Hope my luck keeps holding
Last year made my first order of the year and 3 days later had a stroke, order came in when I was in re-hab, so was waiting when I got home (did not even remember I ordered half the stuff so it was a surprise package)

Last year made my first order of the year and 3 days later had a stroke, order came in when I was in re-hab, so was waiting when I got home (did not even remember I ordered half the stuff so it was a surprise package)
-
av8rmongo
- E5
- Posts: 1637
- Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2004 8:24 pm
- Location: Newport, RI
- Contact:
Excellent list!
“It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.â€
― George Orwell, 1984
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
- George Orwell
http://av8rmongo.wordpress.com
― George Orwell, 1984
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
- George Orwell
http://av8rmongo.wordpress.com
-
panzergator
- E5
- Posts: 3693
- Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:44 am
Only two I can really use, but I know you have a lot of folks to keep happy, It will be easy to build up my M103 battalion. But then, I have other ambitions for older stuff to spend money on.
One question. Will it be the M103, M103A1, or M103A2. I'm kinda hopin' it will be the M103A2...
One question. Will it be the M103, M103A1, or M103A2. I'm kinda hopin' it will be the M103A2...
All blessings flow from a good mission statement.
Pogo was right. So was Ike.
"A Gentleman is a man who is only rude intentionally." (Churchill)
Give credit. Take responsibility.
Pogo was right. So was Ike.
"A Gentleman is a man who is only rude intentionally." (Churchill)
Give credit. Take responsibility.
-
kiasutha
- E5
- Posts: 439
- Joined: Thu May 25, 2006 9:10 pm
Glad some of you got items you were looking for!
It's kind of scary that there is more of interest to me here than for the past few years.
WW2 Opel and Mercedes trucks, and Marder 1 (Lorraine I assume). Good ones.
But that's about it for me. Maybe a ship or two. (Idon't collect planes)
I'm not sure what a ZIS 5 transport/bus is- maybe an "8" or "16"(?); but I'm not really interested in buses... And that's the only WW2 soviet???
Once again, no WW2 polish 1939, french 1940, hungarian, romanian, or italian.
Ah well...
It's kind of scary that there is more of interest to me here than for the past few years.
WW2 Opel and Mercedes trucks, and Marder 1 (Lorraine I assume). Good ones.
But that's about it for me. Maybe a ship or two. (Idon't collect planes)
I'm not sure what a ZIS 5 transport/bus is- maybe an "8" or "16"(?); but I'm not really interested in buses... And that's the only WW2 soviet???
Once again, no WW2 polish 1939, french 1940, hungarian, romanian, or italian.
Ah well...
-
panzergator
- E5
- Posts: 3693
- Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:44 am
Thank you, thank you, thank you! for that M103A2.
When I reported to my first unit at Fort Knox in 1972 (a basic training company at Fort Knox) I, discovered that right next to it was a Marine motor pool with a company of M103A2s and a recovery vehicle. What an interesting place. Two years later, as XO for a tank company, still at Fort Knox, I was sent over to the depot maintenance yard to see what parts I could scrounge from those same tanks, the Marines finally having turned them in.
While I prefer the appearance of the M103A2, Army battalions in Europe were equipped with earlier models. One of my battalion commanders in Friedberg (Ray Barracks, 1-32AR) had served in one of those M103 battalions as a lieutenant.
For those interested, an Army battalion was 3 tanks per platoon, six platoons per company, and 4 companies per battalion. Each platoon had a jeep, as well.
The Wiki entry says only one battalion of M103s were assigned to Europe, however, I believe there were two, one in V Corps area (899th TB? which became 2-33AR) and one in VII Corps. I'll have to check the Hunnicutt book when I can negotiate stairs again. Any old(er) tankers out there who can deny or confirm the two battalions?
When I reported to my first unit at Fort Knox in 1972 (a basic training company at Fort Knox) I, discovered that right next to it was a Marine motor pool with a company of M103A2s and a recovery vehicle. What an interesting place. Two years later, as XO for a tank company, still at Fort Knox, I was sent over to the depot maintenance yard to see what parts I could scrounge from those same tanks, the Marines finally having turned them in.
While I prefer the appearance of the M103A2, Army battalions in Europe were equipped with earlier models. One of my battalion commanders in Friedberg (Ray Barracks, 1-32AR) had served in one of those M103 battalions as a lieutenant.
For those interested, an Army battalion was 3 tanks per platoon, six platoons per company, and 4 companies per battalion. Each platoon had a jeep, as well.
The Wiki entry says only one battalion of M103s were assigned to Europe, however, I believe there were two, one in V Corps area (899th TB? which became 2-33AR) and one in VII Corps. I'll have to check the Hunnicutt book when I can negotiate stairs again. Any old(er) tankers out there who can deny or confirm the two battalions?
Last edited by panzergator on Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
All blessings flow from a good mission statement.
Pogo was right. So was Ike.
"A Gentleman is a man who is only rude intentionally." (Churchill)
Give credit. Take responsibility.
Pogo was right. So was Ike.
"A Gentleman is a man who is only rude intentionally." (Churchill)
Give credit. Take responsibility.
-
33YearsGHQ
- E5
- Posts: 618
- Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:27 pm
- Location: Missouri
-
chatto
- E5
- Posts: 146
- Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:32 pm
- Location: Australia, NSW/QLD/ACT
Interesting that there is absolutely no new infantry within that list, but that's okay, there's always the 2017 cycle 
However, this coming year is going to be VERY full on for me!
There are WAY too many things on here I want, sooner rather than later!
Question for you team GHQ - the SA-10 - it's not just, literally the SA-10 launcher right? Does it come with the associated radars, because a whole battery is at least two seperate radars (the Flap Lid and Clam Shell) and the Big Bird radar if you wanted.
I don't know how far you've gone into it, but I'm sure there are plenty of us who would appreciate the SA-10 as a pack with the right radar suite as well, plus the singleton launchers.
Either way, a great list overall! Hopefully 2017-2018 will be the year of the foot!
However, this coming year is going to be VERY full on for me!
There are WAY too many things on here I want, sooner rather than later!
Question for you team GHQ - the SA-10 - it's not just, literally the SA-10 launcher right? Does it come with the associated radars, because a whole battery is at least two seperate radars (the Flap Lid and Clam Shell) and the Big Bird radar if you wanted.
I don't know how far you've gone into it, but I'm sure there are plenty of us who would appreciate the SA-10 as a pack with the right radar suite as well, plus the singleton launchers.
Either way, a great list overall! Hopefully 2017-2018 will be the year of the foot!