PolishGI’s Working Thread (WWII & Vietnam)

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

redleg
E5

Re: PolishGI’s Working Thread (WWII & Vietnam)

Post by redleg »

That's fantastic Polish! Amazing work! Knowing that you place every individual blade of grass on your terrain leads me to conclude that you are actually filling teeny tiny sand bags for your bunkers! Your aircraft and vehicles are great too - the paint job / weathering / shading on those mortar tracks and M577 are awesome!
Redleg's Website: micropope.webstarts.com

PolishGI
E5

Post by PolishGI »

Beagle wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:33 am
That’s some awesome eye candy, thanks for sharing!!
Thank you Bill! Just trying to keep up with you! Lol

redleg wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:26 am
That's fantastic Polish! Amazing work! Knowing that you place every individual blade of grass on your terrain leads me to conclude that you are actually filling teeny tiny sand bags for your bunkers! Your aircraft and vehicles are great too - the paint job / weathering / shading on those mortar tracks and M577 are awesome!
Thank you redleg! The bunkers were interesting… many test prints to figure out the scaling for this size.

Thanks for the kind words.

I need to get going on my inventory. Time should be freeing up on my end so I should have no excuses to continue to press forward. Working on the next batch of DAK vehicles and guns, British AFVs and guns, NVA 130mm guns, Yubuta boats and Sampans.
Image Charlie don't surf!
"Don't do things by half."
GHQ BUILD THREAD

BurtWolf
E5

Post by BurtWolf »

Polish your work is inspiring! No detail left untouched between painting and terrain.Very realistic, and I’m chomping at the bit to see the next 3D printer project!!

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

GI,
Oh my!! Fantastic work painting, creating.
As I recall….
Love the A-4, A-1, A-4, the buildings, the resin, are fantastic.
Great stuff!
Chris

PolishGI
E5

Post by PolishGI »

BurtWolf wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:02 am
Polish your work is inspiring! No detail left untouched between painting and terrain.Very realistic, and I’m chomping at the bit to see the next 3D printer project!!
Thank you Burt! I need to figure out the next 3d project as well. I have a few road Truss Bridge drafts Im working on for WWII but can’t nail it down just yet when scaled down to 1/285. (strength/thin) There are a few other bridges in the mix as well and then the “damaged/destroyed” versions. Once happy, then you have to figure out how to incorporate them into the hex. Swap out hexes when destroyed? Or keep the hex and swap out bridge versions?

I have to finalize the desert wadis as well and start creating some desert roads and towns. (have the buildings)

chrisswim wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:09 am
GI,
Oh my!! Fantastic work painting, creating.
As I recall….
Love the A-4, A-1, A-4, the buildings, the resin, are fantastic.
Great stuff!
Thank you Chris!
GHQ BUILD THREAD

BurtWolf
E5

Post by BurtWolf »

That will be cool when you finally get it down right. I built bridges out of styrene, and had a destroyed and intact version. I swap them out except for the one bridge that I use for a rail line. That one got glued permanently in place. He’s a small bridges and they fit on a single GHQ hex so it’s not a huge issue.

The coup de grace would be a 6 mm Pegasus bridge!

PolishGI
E5

Post by PolishGI »

BurtWolf wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:54 pm
That will be cool when you finally get it down right. I built bridges out of styrene, and had a destroyed and intact version. I swap them out except for the one bridge that I use for a rail line. That one got glued permanently in place. He’s a small bridges and they fit on a single GHQ hex so it’s not a huge issue.

The coup de grace would be a 6 mm Pegasus bridge!
I hope so! This is where the time is spent, testing, printing, altering retesting and reprinting… Styrene works so well! Love it for scratch builds. So it sounds like you went the destroyed/intact way as well. Probably easiest way to approach this matter? Hmmmm

You know… lol That would be ideal, to have a Pegasus Bridge in 6mm. Ive seen cardstock models but having a 3d PLA version would be neat. 20mm and 28mm can be found, but no 6mm. Maybe locate a map so you have the surrounding area and create all of the models in one shot.

I want to get interested in the Bolt Action game for Pegasus Bridge, but even those have become pricey.
GHQ BUILD THREAD

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

They may be a little spendy, but the minis for Bolt Action are so worth it, I love painting them.

PolishGI
E5

Post by PolishGI »

Beagle wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:02 pm
They may be a little spendy, but the minis for Bolt Action are so worth it, I love painting them.
Pegasus is already interesting. Are the figures not painted?

Couple of quick updates on things I am working on. Have a few things left to tidy up. 130mm guns are more dark green in person. The guns are more for targets to find or destroy for SF missions. Initial pics of some sampans. Need to see if I can sneak some civilians on the boats.

GHQ BUILD THREAD

PolishGI
E5

Post by PolishGI »

Made a push to get through these guys as well. Need to finalize and tidy them up before moving them to storage. I need to finalize the terrain a tad, straighten some pieces up and tone down the decals.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2meKHD6]Image

GHQ BUILD THREAD

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

No, the Bolt Action are not painted, in fact they aren’t assembled. They come on spruces so you can vary the poses and weapons. I have some British para that aren’t paint yet, I can post a picture of a sprue if you’d like to see one. Great job on your vehicles and terrain, you picked out the detail really well, especially on the wheels.

PolishGI
E5

Post by PolishGI »

Beagle wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:01 am
No, the Bolt Action are not painted, in fact they aren’t assembled. They come on spruces so you can vary the poses and weapons. I have some British para that aren’t paint yet, I can post a picture of a sprue if you’d like to see one. Great job on your vehicles and terrain, you picked out the detail really well, especially on the wheels.

Oh wow, I guess I assumed they were painted given the price but I guess not. Might be fun painting the soldiers up then. If you think of a pic but no rush!

Thank you. I am trying to get through my inventory that has been sitting in the on deck circle. Ive stared at those items so long, I have made it my goal to get through them now so I can order more. If I can get through my inventory items, I have a number of pieces given to me from my brother covering North Africa. So there will be 100-200 more pieces there. But after that, should be good to go with NA. Just need to get more done on the terrain.
GHQ BUILD THREAD

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

It’s no problem. Do you want me to post pictures on your thread on mine. I don’t want to clutter yours up if you don’t want them there.

PolishGI
E5

Post by PolishGI »

Beagle wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:04 am
It’s no problem. Do you want me to post pictures on your thread on mine. I don’t want to clutter yours up if you don’t want them there.
haha! Dealers choice! Im cool with it here or on your thread! I just like looking at everyone's modelling pics and what they are working on.
GHQ BUILD THREAD

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

Here is what comes in the box. The British para comes with enough parts for 30 soldiers.
Here is my Bren team built up, and a punchy fellow with an Enfield.

They are a blast to paint, and the different parts and rank and badge decals make possible to create a huge variety of individuals.