Canada (Imagi-Nation)

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

MechCommander
E5

Re: Canada (Imagi-Nation)

Post by MechCommander »

But now we have a question that needs to be answered, What is the EE doing in Argentina? and Why? This will have to be monitored more closely.

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

Get a few naval assets down there. Check IT OUT. Don’t be afraid of some submarines that might or might not be there. It’s peace time.
Chris

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

Im gonna make a call to my counterparts in the Brazilian Navy to monitor the EE activity in Argentina.

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

Is there a reason they would tell you? Normal port-o-call? If any big alliance probably would not tell you.
Chris

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

I'll send the Crown Colony Class light cruiser HMCS Ontario, to Rio de Janeiro, to meet up with some Brazilian Navy ships and proceed to Argentina to monitor the EE fleet activity.

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

HMCS Ontario has departed CFB Halifax early this morning, the Light Cruiser should arrive in Rio De Janeiro in about 8 days. The rest of the RCN's Atlantic fleet is hunkering down at the port to prepare for the arrival of Hurricane Teddy which is due to make landfall tonight.

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

Hope the storm doesn’t throw around the ships too much into the docks, piling. Hate to have any sink.
Chris

Hoth_902
E5

Post by Hoth_902 »

Yea Mech,

Most Navy ships are sent out to see to weather the storm. Normally they sail out of the way of the storm for safety. Big naval vessels do a better job out to sea than sitting in a port. Some of the Navy guys can correct me if I am wrong.
Quantity has a Quality all its own.

http://warriorbear.weebly.com/

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

Don't Worry Hoth, the ships will be safe at the port. the smaller ships have been lashed down heavily at the docks, while the larger ships like HMCS Canada are anchored in the Bedford Basin.

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

Hoth, you are correct. NS Mayport, Jacksonville, FL would send the ships out. Winds at 75mph +, 90.... will send metal, trees, etc flying. Nothing could serve those lashing in the NC navy. Piling a get damaged, does a ship good, real good. With weather satellite info, the ships should avoid the storm. But what do I know.

Homestead AF Base, near Miami, was het a few decades ago, they could not fly out two F-16, secured in hanger, it was bad. No one else was there.

Winds above 55 mph, Jacksonville Sheriffs’ Office have the police go home, not going to secure the bridges over the River any longer.

It is good it is ‘imagination’ gaming in a virtual setting, aye?
Chris

Hoth_902
E5

Post by Hoth_902 »

Chriswim,

I started college, at embry riddle, that year. Got to Daytona in August of 92, after the storm.. Sat on the third floor of my hotel in new Smyrna Bearch. Watched two dolphins at eye level racing south. That whole fall semester I watched c-130s land at airport and load up chanooks, and sea stallions. And send them to miami.

There was a restore B-17 that could not fly out. The storm picked it up and it flew 5 miles and landed in the swamp with only a little damage.

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

I should not worry, the port will shelter the ships from the storm.

this will likely last till Saturday. Once it’s subsided NCAF personal will help with the post storm clean up and relief effort.

Hoth_902
E5

Post by Hoth_902 »

Mech,

You have not seen many harbors after a hurricane, have you? Ships do not fair well. When I lived in New Jersey, a lot of small craft owners actually sunk there boats in the harbor rather than have them subjected to the effects of a storm. It would be easier to have them raised and cleaned up than smashed into things.. Anyway, this is imagination land so its all good. Just idle chit chat from me.

E5

Post by 7.62 »

The finest of the NC Navy was carefully removed from the water.
Deflated and safely placed in the trunk of a car. If they can find the bicycle pump, return to service should be breeze :P

Just kidding Mech, weather seems just fine out there.

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

So, the NC Army does not have Special Forces, but the NC Navy does have Special Forces.
All those inflatables is only for special forces. Watch out for the trickery in NC. Evil and nefarious, as much as the EE.
Chris