Canada (Imagi-Nation)

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

chrisswim
E5

Re: Canada (Imagi-Nation)

Post by chrisswim »

Great idea concept. It looks more as a supply ship with the cranes to me, although without space for helos to land.
I visualize the elevators bring up supplies, the cranes move them to the sides for an LCM to carry back to the other ship, and/or move the cargo net to bow or stern for helo to hook up then lift.
No helos as configured as of now assigned to the ship. If you wanted helos, perhaps remove the middle crane, bring the other 4 in toward center on each side some. Interesting idea.
The US combat group in Alaska after getting within a mile of the NC border turned around after simulating an advance, halt to fire. Then taking slightly different route back simulating attack on a retreating formation. Idaho and Montana had similar exercises although still over 200 miles from the NC border. Soldiers that were lifted and deployed by air mobile forces, are being supplied for 2 weeks, then will be withdrawn by helicopters and trucks.
. After the exercises in Alaska, Idaho and Montana evaluation takes place. Coordination for this large of a distance may help, but tangible benefits probably marginal as each directional attack would not be able to support each other. Advantage is limiting the defense logistic support, air support.
Chris

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

Cool idea. A flat top like that has a lot of potential since it could handle helicopters and it's big enough to serve as a repair ship, supply ship, amphibious assault, or hospital ship. maybe a command ship, or some kind of special ops platform. At least that's my artillery logic applied to naval stuff. I agree with Chris though - all the cranes eliminate the ability to operate helicopters with their current configuration.
Redleg's Website: micropope.webstarts.com

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

Well as I have stated before im in the process of selecting a New class of ships for the Nabob and the Puncher, to replace the Ruler class. so it would make sense for that old ship to become a repair ship.

I have 4 options Im looking at for the Nabob and the Puncher.
Tarawa-class Amphibious assault ship.
Austin class LPD
Fearless class LPD
Thomaston LSD
Last edited by MechCommander on Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

Pacific Ocean.
The Destoryer HMCS Skenna is sailing away from the EE fleet to avoid any subs that may be with them (if they are there.) they will be arriving in CFB Esquimult next week.

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

RCN Pacfic fleet HQ CFB Esquimult.
(Telegraph Operator): "Sir I just received a message from our counterparts in Chile."
(Message): "<EE fleet spotted possibly trying to sail through Cape Horn.> <Stop>, <ROD Carrier Group in Pursuit>, <Stop>."
(RCN Admiral): "Is that EE Admiral Bloody insane? Cape Horn is too dangerous to navigate in this season. Well lets hope that ROD taskforce can catch them."

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

You DD. avoids SSN ??? Impressive!
Is NC at war with EE? Or do y’all shoot at each other on occasion?
Are your FFG, DDG, CG bumping their warships as the US and USSR did in Cold War.
. Conversation detected...Maj Charles Johnson, Idaho Natl Guard, “mom, I just updated my will and papers, I will send the papers to you.
Mom, “oh why, what’s going on?”
Chuck,”mom, I can’t tell you you, we are getting winter clothing ready, organized for logistic travel soon. We are conducting combat drills for the infantry, receiving new radios, checking all electronics.”
“Son, I love you, I call you next week dear.”
“Bye mom.”
Chris

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

No we are not a war with the EE, the Skeena was just way too far away for to follow the EE fleet, so we let the ROD carrier group do that part, instead while we sail back to CFB Esquimult in order to finish our one ship patrol of the Pacfic.

And no we did not bump into any warships along the way we try are best to keep a good distance away from other ships to avoid this kind of accident.

(Happy 1000th Post for this thread)

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

DDG Supplement program.
The RCN is thinking about supplementing our existing fleet of destroyers with newer classes of ships with Guided Missile capability in mind as part of the modernization program. The ship must fit the following requirements for this program.

Must be capable of firing all 3 types of missiles we use (Harpoons, Tomahawks, Sea Sparrows), from MK 13, Mark 26 Launchers, and Armored Box Launchers
Must be easy to maintain.
Capable of launching Helicopters.

(This is also based on availability of the models in question.)

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

The ROD isn't pursuing the EE task force, but we are trying to keep an eye on them as best we can. Right now we're headed to Colombia for Chicas y cerveza.

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

Well it does not matter now, that EE task force will most likely get themselves wrecked off Cape Horn anyway.

The RCN has chosen 4 candidates for the DDG supplement Program that fits our criteria.
1.Type 42 Sheffield Class
2.Charles F Adams Class
3.Spruance Class
4.County class DDG (Batch 2)

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

The NC army has devised a solution to conduct maneuver warfare in order to bring the army into the modern world.

Since the NC army is made up of largely foot Infantry regiments with some Armored regiments, it was decided to upgrade some foot infantry regiments into Motorized Calvary regiments using M151s or the new Textron TAPVs to launch fast paced maneuvers around enemy positions and suppress the enemy infantry in order to allow the friendly foot infantry to move in to secure the position in a timely manner, making operations much more quicker with fewer losses in men and material.

Another technological improvement is the use of video chat services, and satellite communications to make issuing orders to the frontline forces much more efficient and reduces the risk of losing high ranking officers to enemy action, but the officers will still pay a visit to the frontlines briefly before returning to their HQ vehicle.

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

The RCNs Atlantic Command, has just received a report from the Argentinian Navy. Their Brooklyn class cruiser ARA Nueve de Julio, spotted the EE fleet near the Falkland Islands, apparently they have successfully navigated Cape Horn. the fleets final destination is still unknown at this point.

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

My guess is that the EE task force has a final destination of EE. What do you think?
The the EE task force sail right by the Falklands or the cruiser? Wonder if that cruiser is the one with a rumor of being on the bottom of the Atlantic since 1982?

"The NC army has devised a solution to conduct maneuver warfare in order to bring the army into the modern world. Since the NC army is made up of largely foot Infantry regiments with some Armored regiments, it was decided to upgrade some foot infantry regiments into Motorized Calvary regiments using M151s or the new Textron TAPVs to launch fast paced maneuvers around enemy positions and suppress the enemy infantry in order to allow the friendly foot infantry to move in to secure the position in a timely manner, making operations much more quicker with fewer losses in men and material.
. Another technological improvement is the use of video chat services, and satellite communications to make issuing orders to the frontline forces much more efficient and reduces the risk of losing high ranking officers to enemy action, but the officers will still pay a visit to the frontlines briefly before returning to their HQ vehicle."
The jeeps will work great, small, fast nimble. Carry a nice weapon, but not many guys usually. Glad to see the NC is developing the capabilities to help provide freedom in the world. I think in Kansas, some bad guys, Al Kabab are established there.
Chris

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

Yes, the Argentine Navy did indeed spot the EE fleet. They are sailing alongside the EE ships, heading north, apparently toward Buenos Aires.

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

the cruiser you where referring to is the ARA General Belgrano, which was torpedoed and sunk by a British Submarine in 1982.