Canada (Imagi-Nation)

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

chrisswim
E5

Re: Canada (Imagi-Nation)

Post by chrisswim »

Graham Island is considering 'closing the port' of Prince Rupert, BC. Not sure who controls the port. Eski is also alarmed considering joining the blockade.
Chris

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

In every NC Base across the nation, massive celebrations are being held to celebrate NCs and our POP allies major victory in Aleppo Syria, against the Eurasian Empire, this is truly our finest hour.

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

In a collaborative effort by Navy Shipyard Companies and design Bureaus from both New Canada and the Feline Confederation, they are formalizing plans to jointly build a new class of DDG as part of a project called the JFSCV, based on the Type 45 class DDG it will incorporate the features of a reduced radar cross section to give it the siginture of a small fishing boat, and armed with the more advanced Naval Strike Missile that will replace the harpoon. this new class of destroyer called the Victory class after the battles that the nation has won in the past and present, with the first one slated to be built in the Halifax Shipyards in Nova Scotia once plans are finalized, the new ship is listed on paper as HMCS Aleppo (DDG-131)

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

Along side the JFSCV Project, New Canada has set to launch their new NCFSC Program to aquire a new frigate class to supplement or replace the older Halifax Class. The new Frigate class will be based on the Horizon Class Stealth Frigates, construction of the frigates will be handled at the Humphrey Shipyards in Hamilton Ontario.

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

JFSCV and NCFSC Projects.

One new feature that was recently added to the new Destroyer and Frigates Capabilities, the inclusion of UAVs in its hanger. A selection process will be established by the Design Bureau to determine which UAV will be picked to serve on the new ships.

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

NCFSC project

The NC Design Beuaru, has laid out three possible candidates for a UAV that will serve on the new Horizon Frigate and Type 42 DDGs as part of the FSC project.

Ryan Model 147EW
RQ-2 Pioneer
MQ-8 Fire Scout

These three drones will be Evaluated by the UAV Branch to find out which will suite the new ships. the final selection will be announced next week.

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

How would you recover the Ryan Model 147 on a small surface ship?
Redleg's Website: micropope.webstarts.com

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

It will be retrieved by helicopter from the same ship and haul it back to the flight deck.

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

So you're going to land it in the water and pick it up by helicopter? I'm just not tracking how you are going to recover it. The Fore Scout is a helicopter - too easy to recover. The Pioneer is caught with a net - no issues there. But the Lightning Bug is a jet.
Redleg's Website: micropope.webstarts.com

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

very well so the Candidates for UAVs are down to 2 the Pioneer and the Fire Scout. in terms of practicality of recovering them. If there's any other UAVs that will be suitable for the NCFSC project. please give out your suggestions here.

E5

Post by 7.62 »

I'm more confused by the choice of the Horizon Frigates to compliment the Type 45's.
Had you down for Type 26's for sure Mech.
Still it is Imagi-nations so not my business.

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

I-magine, if you will, what people think about.
I like the idea of Ryan 147, fast. Get info quickly.
:lol: :roll: :P :lol: :roll: :P LOL.
Chris

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

7.62 wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:46 am
I'm more confused by the choice of the Horizon Frigates to compliment the Type 45's.
Still it is Imagi-nations so not my business.
this NCFSC project was in response to your new vessel the KMS Stampede.

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

Arms race!!! Need to have it to fight it!!!
The Type 45 is highly capable. wish I had bought a bunch ... But I do not need to worry as I am not in the northern Pacific Ocean.
Sorties elsewhere in the Imagi-World.
Chris

E5

Post by 7.62 »

MechCommander wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:56 pm
7.62 wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:46 am
this NCFSC project was in response to your new vessel the KMS Stampede.
The KDF Navy is getting smaller!
Today the second of the Stampede class was handed over to the Navy. At the same time 6 Halifax class frigates have been decommissioned (6 remain in service for now). This is to focus available maintenance resources on replacing all Halifax with the new Stampede class ASAP. The new AWD program is progressing well but proving more complex than originally planned adding to the KDF backlog.
Also announced today, 8 diesel electrics held in the mobilisation fleet are to be scrapped, having been deemed unfit for use.