Canada (Imagi-Nation)

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

MechCommander
E5

Re: Canada (Imagi-Nation)

Post by MechCommander »

The NCAF wishes everyone a Happy New Year.

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

What a way to start off 2022 by taking the RCAFs new CA-9 Grey Wolfs out for a flight in Cold Lake testing out its new weapons on fixed targets, so far its new Bofors L60 40mm cannon its working perfectly. Its the Air forces hope that this will make the EE tank crews run for their lives, and to compete aginest those CF-14 pilots from the RCN.

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

After acquiring a $500,000 Dollar loan from the RBC, Lt Kale has finally been enrolled at the NC Officers Academy, His officer training begins on January 4th after the New Year break.

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

NC Officers Academy Ottawa Ontario.
Lt Kale after giving is 20 volume copy of the NCAFs doctrines, and procedures. and began to read them at his dorm, disgruntled by the idea of running away if outnumbered by the enemy. and after reading about the past mistakes in previous conflicts such as the infamous Black Sea War, decided to personally pen down what Kale calls his "Not One Step Back" rule.

In this rule in his mind surmised that the officer on the field if faced with impossible odds aginest the enemy, should try to effectively encourage the men to fight aginest the odds, by brandishing out his pistol and giving the troops under is command a choice "ether die by running away, or stay and fight back." The idea behind it is to make your troops fear the repercussions of disobeying their Commanding officers orders, more then fighting aginest a enemy force that outnumbers them, thus making them fight aginest the enemy much harder in order to survive even resorting to hand to hand combat if they run out of ammo or explosives.

He will keep his rule to himself until he gets deployed to a major campaign.

E5

Post by 7.62 »

Lt Kale puts down the ideas for his new rules of super warfare along with a detailed review of the days events.
He saves the journal entry on the new Huawei tablet the Officers Academy had just sold him and opens the GHQ site.
"Wow the new releases for December are up" man I love that GHQ company he thinks.
Then he takes out the homemade micro armour the school has rented out to most of the students.
Looking past the bottle top glued onto the rough bit of wood and a matchstick for a barrel he tries to imagine it as the label marked T-64BM.
He looks over to the corner of the dorm room at the shiny new Kirby vacuum cleaner the academy had also just sold him.
"Dam it, if I had not been forced by the training staff to buy that I could had got me some real 1/285 GHQ kit".
"Enough for a whole division, dam the academy rules".
Still he had been out numbered, what else could he have done.

Slams down fist, throws homemade junk across the dorm.
Last edited by 7.62 on Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

Um Mick the rules Kale wrote down are for real combat. As he is trying to fix how the Way the NCAF does things.

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

Lt. Kale did a bunch of reading on first day/night including the Black Sea War. He must have looked for that evaluation.
Who the heck knows if the write up, review is close to accurate, reasonable the conclusions.
“…the officer on the field if faced with impossible odds aginest the enemy, should try to effectively encourage the men to fight aginest the odds, by brandishing out his pistol and giving the troops under is command a choice "ether die by running away, or stay and fight back." The idea behind it is to make your troops fear the repercussions of disobeying their Commanding officers orders, more then fighting aginest a enemy force that outnumbers them, thus making them fight aginest the enemy much harder…”
Against is how to spell against, not aginest. Not sure what an agi-nest is… where agricultural products are kept for a few hours prior to a meal…?
Chris

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

Dang Spell check always seems to get that wrong.

Hoth_902
E5

Post by Hoth_902 »

Mech,

I am pretty sure I was there for the Black Sea war and I can tell you that you did not loose the war because you were out numbered. I know I was out numbered and the outcome in my sector was way different. I think you might want to go roll tape on that battle. And while you are at it, have someone with some military experience help you break it down. Just saying,
Quantity has a Quality all its own.

http://warriorbear.weebly.com/

Hoth_902
E5

Post by Hoth_902 »

But hey, if you want to kill your own men, have at it. Just remember, there is only one officer and a whole unit.....my money is on the men as to who will come out on top

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

“ Dang Spell check always seems to get that wrong.”
Damn, that spell check is a B.tch, gets yours wrong and mine correct. ‘You gotta learn how to nurture it, gently nudge it along.’
But don’t worry, NC military just picked up $500,000, so that is at least $410,000 - $425,000 to the bottom line. If a 100 guys sign up, that’s $42 million a year in operational profit. You are almost ready to order that new battleship. With 8-10 year design and build out, you will have it paid off at the dedication.
YOU ARE IN THE MONEY. You got yourself a racket….
Listen to Hoth, he makes sense, as does 7.62, ROD, PG, etc.
Chris

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

While Kale was reading about the Black Sea War he identified some problems with how the NC conducted this campaign and what measures he thought of in order resolve them in future conflicts

1. Allied forces.
NCs efforts in that operation was mostly bogged down due to their allies at the time having much different ideas and approaches to this conflict. and largely disproves of having Libya attach themselves to NC as part of 16th corps, due to the poor quality of their equipment and nightmarish logistical problems. in the future better cooperation is in order, but with allies who share the same idea as NC.

2. Tactics.
The NCAF will have to update their overall tactics and approaches to warfare. making Maneuver Warfare mandatory for all army units. Was considering bringing back Special Operations forces for NC, but decided aginest it.

3. Logistics.
Recommended that a new branch of the NCAF (called The NC Logistical Corps) shall be formed in order to handle the responsibilities of all logistics to the forces on the field, thus freeing up time for the Officers from the main three branches (Army, Air force, and Navy) to plan out Strategies more effectively and efficiently.

4. Equipment
The current equipment needs to be further updated to match with the rest of the world. I should consider visiting Avro Canada and convince them to revisit the F-35 for use with the RCN instead of the Harrier Jump Jet. And to see if the Shipyard in Halifax can look into researching this "VLS system" ive read about somewhere for future warships.

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

Kale is missing his girl friend, Karin, on the cold nights while at school, she is a big girl. The responses are Karin's.

While Kale was reading about the Black Sea War he identified some problems with how the NC conducted this campaign and what measures he thought of in order resolve them in future conflicts

1. Allied forces.
NCs efforts in that operation was mostly bogged down due to their allies at the time having much different ideas and approaches to this conflict. and largely disproves of having Libya attach themselves to NC as part of 16th corps, due to the poor quality of their equipment and nightmarish logistical problems. in the future better cooperation is in order, but with allies who share the same idea as NC.
Response: There are not any allies that have the same ideas on a tactical, operational and/or strategic level as NC. Except lets win this thing. NC does not have a corp, fortunate to field a 2 companies of mixed equipment, a battalion is out of the question.

2. Tactics.
The NCAF will have to update their overall tactics and approaches to warfare. making Maneuver Warfare mandatory for all army units. Was considering bringing back Special Operations forces for NC, but decided aginest it.
Response: No surprise here, Karin agrees.

3. Logistics.
Recommended that a new branch of the NCAF (called The NC Logistical Corps) shall be formed in order to handle the responsibilities of all logistics to the forces on the field, thus freeing up time for the Officers from the main three branches (Army, Air force, and Navy) to plan out Strategies more effectively and efficiently.
Response: To plan strategy, operations and tactics effectively remember: 'logistics, logistics, logistics, I don't now what they are but I want a log of them.'
Need to know the constraints, Without logistics, cannot do anything, with them one can be extremely effective.

4. Equipment
The current equipment needs to be further updated to match with the rest of the world. I should consider visiting Avro Canada and convince them to revisit the F-35 for use with the RCN instead of the Harrier Jump Jet. And to see if the Shipyard in Halifax can look into researching this "VLS system" ive read about somewhere for future warships.
Response: NC needs to get their two F-35s.
Chris

Hoth_902
E5

Post by Hoth_902 »

Mech,

The allied forces, you fought with are not the problem. What hurts you is yourself. Example:

1. Your overwhelming need to blow every bridge in front of you before you even put up a fight for it. Which then limits your options and restricts freedom of movement.
2. After blowing every bridge in your sector [Black Sea War], you decided to move your troops through my area which would then bog down both forces because it would take time to untangle both and move them across the river.
3. Your tactic of Bombing urban areas and/or sending tanks into an urban environment without proper infantry support
4. Sailing a super Carrier with Helicopters aboard and no fighters. (using the wrong tool for the job)
5. Sailing a carrier through a narrow water way before you even have control of that area and then loosing it to enemy fire.

Again, none of that is because of Allied forces. This is all because of how you choose to fight and the tactics you use. Buying modern equipment will not do a damn thing until you improve tactics. You are your own worse enemy.

panzergator
E5

Post by panzergator »

Give it up, Hoth. Can you say "clueless?". You'd be surprised how good it feels to stop beating your head against the Canuck. A sledge might help...
All blessings flow from a good mission statement.
Pogo was right. So was Ike.
"A Gentleman is a man who is only rude intentionally." (Churchill)
Give credit. Take responsibility.