Canada (Imagi-Nation)

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

redleg
E5

Re: Canada (Imagi-Nation)

Post by redleg »

I assume you are using the ROD website for the EE position. This morning they are about 6,500 miles south of San Diego. I don't track RCN ships and I don't know how fast you are traveling, but I'm guessing that the EE ships might be slightly out of range of your CF-18s.
Redleg's Website: micropope.webstarts.com

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

The ships are traveling at 30 knots Redleg, though if the EE Convoy reaches Cape Horn, the Carrier group will have to abort the mission, as they cannot risk sailing the carrier in such dangerous seas.

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

The cartels would enjoy sending some high speed cigarette boats out to meet and greet the RCN.
Chris

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

Fortunately We are too far out at sea for those cartel boats to reach us.

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

South Pacfic
Seeing that they will never catch up with the EE Convoy before they reach Cape Horn, The mission to monitor their activity has been aborted, the RCN Patrol Group will alter course towards Sidney Australia to finish the rest of this Pacfic patrol...And HOPFULLY launch the jets for the 1st CAWs first real training flight when we get there. All Aircraft will remain in the Hanger Deck for the Pacfic Crossing.

Hoth_902
E5

Post by Hoth_902 »

Soóoo......your carrier is crossing the endless expanse of the pacific and you have no aircraft on patrol??

Come again, over?
Quantity has a Quality all its own.

http://warriorbear.weebly.com/

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

Well uhh, sort of, the Belknaps do have Sea Kings onboard that will conduct the patrols for us.

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

Logistical Cooperative

This new Logistical Organization is laid out as followed

Each NCAF unit will have Logistics Officers assigned to every formation level down to smallest unit. and its only these officers responsibility to ensure that all logistical needs are met before and during any military operation. each Logistics officer has a small retinue of personal with him each of them performs a singular task of calculating out the types of supplies needed, such as Food, Water, Ammo, etc. then all that data is plotted on charts and graphs to determine the best optimal amount of supplies needed based on what mission the units will take part in, or what the commanding officer of the whole operation has planned. Once the Total Logistical requirements are finalized, the head Logistical Officer in the unit sends out the order with the units share number back home in New Canada, and they will receive the supplies in quick time.

Handling of Reinforcements
The system of Handling Reinforcements is loosely based on the ROD's Dog Pound method, but with the difference is its carried out by a seperate individual from the Coop assigned to this role but is part of the unit, and it requires the recruit to hand over his assignment papers, to be rubber stamped and sorted out, then the recruit proceeds to the loading area to the units base.

The officers and their retinue are recognized by their dull grey outfits

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

Royal Canadian Marine Regiment

The List of vehicles has been finalized for the regiment to use
LVTP-5
LVT-4(A)4
DUKW
LCM-1
LCT-4

The Marine Unit will operate out of the 2 new Tawana Class LHAs (Nabob and Puncher) with an option of acquiring a used Wasp to serve as the Marines Command ship. the Aircraft onboard the LHAs will be operated by the RCNs own attack helicopter squadrons once established. Activation of the RCMR is expect to be late 2021 or early 2022 (When I get around to buying models again as im still tight on money from this pandemic :( .)

panzergator
E5

Post by panzergator »

There are advantages to LVTP-7 over those you have selected. Since acquisition cist is the same, why select the older stuff?
All blessings flow from a good mission statement.
Pogo was right. So was Ike.
"A Gentleman is a man who is only rude intentionally." (Churchill)
Give credit. Take responsibility.

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

Mostly to keep costs down by buying surplus equipment, plus the LVTP-5 carries far more people, then the LVTP-7.

Hoth_902
E5

Post by Hoth_902 »

Panzer... Don't bite. Let it go. Its a deep rabbit hole you will fall down into trying to figure out Mech's Logic. LOL
Quantity has a Quality all its own.

http://warriorbear.weebly.com/

panzergator
E5

Post by panzergator »

I know. Somwtimes, ya just want what ya want and ya don't need to justify it. I thought about using LVTP5 for my command vehicles. Being a backwater, the Gator State often ha to make do with cast-offs. My Marine battalion is currently mounted in LAVs, which means some foks have to run along behing in LPCs.
All blessings flow from a good mission statement.
Pogo was right. So was Ike.
"A Gentleman is a man who is only rude intentionally." (Churchill)
Give credit. Take responsibility.

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

Let’s see he NC AMTRACs.
LVTP-7
LVTP-5

Last edited by chrisswim on Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chris

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

don't count your chickens before they hatch Chris, As I have yet to order those models, but I was not planning on using LVTP-7s

Plus they would not have that color scheme.