Canada (Imagi-Nation)

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

chrisswim
E5

Re: Canada (Imagi-Nation)

Post by chrisswim »

Unfortunately do to a lack of sufficient airframes to Operate a single squadron of F-35s The RCN has double backed on that venture and canceled their order.
"Unfortunately, due to a lack of ......... "
Did you not receive the engines, the wheel struts, wings, avionics? Only some airframes....?
Chris

E5

Post by 7.62 »

chrisswim wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:31 pm
"Unfortunately, due to a lack of airframes .".....
Did you not receive the engines, the wheel struts, wings, avionics? Only some airframes....?
Last time I was in the 'Sentry Box' they only had one of each F-35B and F-35C on the rack.
Could be Mech's thinking.

Sentry Box keeps a very good coverage of the range but in small numbers and restock takes a long time.
Of interest is they seem to list at the 'sale price' of the item of when they stocked it and keep it that way!
The F-35B is C$12.80 and the F-35C was C$15.30 (before tax).
New items are listing at C$16.58 plus tax IIRC.

E5

Post by 7.62 »

Mech, Do you have a location for the Motor Boat people?

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

7.62 wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 12:04 am
Mech, Do you have a location for the Motor Boat people?
Motor boat people?

E5

Post by 7.62 »

Sorry, Outboard Islands.

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

Yes the Outboard Islands is located out in the middle of the Central Pacific Ocean just 2000 miles from Central America. They are a island nation with Spanish origins. Who’s military tech is roughly WW2 to Early Cold War era. their army is the only major user of the M4 Sherman Tank left in the world. You may have came across their F-100s Mick.

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

Inspired by the Hoplite Tactical Solutions. Business Entrepreneur Andrew Wilson has opened up his own Private Military Company called Kanata Defence Contracting Incorporated based out of Regina Saskatchewan. Though not from the NC military himself, Andrew once he hires the right kind of people, will fulfill some of the same services as the Hoplites, but at the fraction of the operating costs. His Contracting business is expected to open in May.

Meanwhile the RCN has potentially added another port of call to the Atlantic Patrol route, they are seeing if they can visit the Gator State during the patrol... hopefully.

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

After a month spent training on Cats Paw Island, the 1st unit of Black Maple Company Special Operations forces has arrived back to New Canada, ready for combat aginest the EE. thanks to the Feline SO unit.

Also on Cats Paw. Oceanic Pact HQ has noe been fully established, this is where all the High Ranking Command Staff from all three nations gather to command forces anywhere around the globe without having to be on the battlefield themselves thus improving the integrity of the chain of command.

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

UAV Tactics with the Ryan Lighting Bugs (Revised)

With the recent success of the live fire tests with the Lightning bug drones a new tactics is established in order to put the UAVs to effective use.

The Tactic is for a squadron of DC-119 Flying Boxcars with the drones to the strike zone, once there, one will deploy one or two Pathfinder variants to act as spotters for the 6 Armed Drones mounted under the wings of the other three Boxcars, the Pathfinders target data will be transmitted back to the DC aircraft then relaying it to the Armed Drones to began the missile strikes once expended the Lightning Bugs will return to friendly lines for pickup and rearming and the 4 DC aircraft will head back home to be rearmed with the drones once more.
Last edited by MechCommander on Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hoth_902
E5

Post by Hoth_902 »

Ummm........just spit balling,. But is it not a waisted of resources to have a drone spot for a drone? You already have an armed drone, he can spot for himself, can he not? I would imagine, you would use an unarmed drone to spot for artillery or for ships. Or to spot so an AT unit can find armor. I am just guessing. This area is a little unfamiliar.
Quantity has a Quality all its own.

http://warriorbear.weebly.com/

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

Hoth_902 wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:11 am
Ummm........just spit balling,. But is it not a waisted of resources to have a drone spot for a drone? You already have an armed drone, he can spot for himself, can he not? I would imagine, you would use an unarmed drone to spot for artillery or for ships. Or to spot so an AT unit can find armor. I am just guessing. This area is a little unfamiliar.
Unfortunately Hoth. The Armed Lightning Bug cannot spot for itself. The Recon version doing the spotting is the "Pathfinder" variant, that one is equipped with the laser designator.

Hoth_902
E5

Post by Hoth_902 »

That makes no sense. How does it aquire a target? Why purchase a drone that can carry weapons but can't aquire a target. Am I missing something?

Is this a real system? Do I need to look it up?

Hoth_902
E5

Post by Hoth_902 »

So I read up on 5he drone. It was originally a recon drone. So you stripped all the recon equipment and added missiles. Ok, I am going to move along. Nothing to see here.

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

Hoth_902 wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 4:31 am
So I read up on 5he drone. It was originally a recon drone. So you stripped all the recon equipment and added missiles. Ok, I am going to move along. Nothing to see here.
It is a real variant of this drone look up the Ryan Model 417 lightning bug under BGM-34A.

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

Hoth_902 wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 4:25 am
That makes no sense. How does it aquire a target? Why purchase a drone that can carry weapons but can't aquire a target. Am I missing something?

Is this a real system? Do I need to look it up?
I revised the Tactics Hoth.