Canada (Imagi-Nation)

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

shawno
E5

Re: Canada (Imagi-Nation)

Post by shawno »

Would NC be open to a partner nation/entity running a capacity building mission on NC soil? To help build military capability, and perhaps in time, normalize relations with other imagi-nations?

E5

Post by 7.62 »

A harmonious Federation working within NC?
This could be a serious threat to the new World order!

shawno
E5

Post by shawno »

Perhaps NC and the other imagi-nations would be open to some form of "reset" in terms of diplomatic relations?

This is a small hobby, with many of us aging without replacements - would it not be ideal to help one another in our aspirations and get along?

I would be willing to donate some surplus kit to NC, and provide some limited organizational guidance in line with NC aspirations. I know at some point there have been some efforts to help NC, and they have fallen apart. Perhaps if NC and the other respective nations could try once again to get along and work together, this board, this hobby, and these imaginations would be better off?

Is NC open to this? What about the rest of you?

E5

Post by 7.62 »

Karmanaskis is always open to diplomacy. Securing regional understanding is a high priority moving forwards.

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

I'm down for a diplomatic reset with NC. The ROD still has an embassy in Ottawa and a consulate in Vancouver. We have conducted joint operations and exercises with NC in the past and we are willing to do so again, but NC needs to understand that their behavior has put them in the position that they are currently in.

I have made this suggestion to Mech in the past: start small so you can learn the basics and then get bigger over time. Pick something like a tank battalion or a carrier battle group (or both) and get into the weeds with them. Just focus on basic operations on a smaller level before you try to manage an entire army. I'm not suggesting that you get rid of NC, or even change the culture and flavor that you want them to have, but let the imagi-nation be a background setting for your units for a while.

I'll even contribute an ROD unit if you want to collaborate, but if NC decides to have another mutiny or go rogue then they're on their own.
Redleg's Website: micropope.webstarts.com

shawno
E5

Post by shawno »

Does NC currently have a fully trained & equipped tank battalion/regiment? Or even a company/squadron?

Perhaps that could be a good start.

What do you think, Mech?

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

I got at least 16 Leopard 2’s, and 6 Leopard C1s

shawno
E5

Post by shawno »

So roughly a tank coy/sqn.

Do you want to build a pure tank unit, or some kind of cavalry force?

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

Work with NC
I donated a bunch of vehicles over a year ago, 40-50+ and shipping from US.
He has Lpd 1A4, Lpd2, Grizzlies, Cougars and similar, some more stuff.
We picked these up in Mali after NC bugged out fighting Al Kabab.
Chris

shawno
E5

Post by shawno »

I'm about to donate some Merkava IV, Namer, and Strykers etc as I transition to different platforms.

How does NC plan to organize these? Hopefully this injection will enable NC to fill out some units and to retire older tech.

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

Mainly an Armoured Calvary unit.

shawno
E5

Post by shawno »

Do you have an organization in mind for it? I have some thoughts but curious what you'd want to do with it.

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

The Merkava's will be mixed in with the Leopard 1 and 2 tanks, while the Namars and CV90105s will replace the M113s and LAV III's in the frontline Infantry units as their IFVs.

the M-ATV's will be used as scout cars by the armoured recon units replacing the Ferrets and G-Wagons.

the Stryker Dragoons i have yet to place them since they use the LAV chassis.

Splod
E5

Post by Splod »

MechCommander wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:16 am
The Merkava's will be mixed in with the Leopard 1 and 2 tanks, while the Namars and CV90105s will replace the M113s and LAV III's in the frontline Infantry units as their IFVs.
That sounds like a logistical nightmare to me! :shock:
Little Metal Men: A story of a distracted wargamer

“A learning experience is one of those things that says, 'You know that thing you just did? Don't do that.”
- Douglas Adams

shawno
E5

Post by shawno »

Splod wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:37 am
MechCommander wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:16 am
That sounds like a logistical nightmare to me! :shock:
Agreed!